Cayenne On Top in JD Powers Survey

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 01:45 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QKENUFF
My 04 CTT has been a PITA for the past 4 years............ (Dealer says it will be auctioned and probably be sent to Russia)
Russian Cayennes often use vodka instead of ethanol blends.. that's the only way Ivan forgets about the unresolved alpha/beta "issues".
Old 07-10-2008, 11:42 AM
droptop
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default it would..

be interesting to know exactly what the russians are actually doing with all this indian iron they are getting. i have visions of them ripping out the MOST ring, putting a carburetor in place of the injection, and a distributor ignition on them, and then running them until they drop, and then shooting them and leaving them by the side of the road.

either that, or using them as body kits for lada rivas?
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Originally Posted by droptop
be interesting to know exactly what the russians are actually doing with all this indian iron they are getting.?

Target Practice?

I test drove a new FX 50 Sport yesterday. Wow! Incredible creature comforts, power, 7 speed tranny and proper paddle shifter just like my Ferrari.

I"m placing my order tomorrow morning for a new one to replace the TT. The styling is a bit odd, but quick trip to the paint shop to fix some of the chrome thingies, and it will pass.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

be interesting to know exactly what the russians are actually doing with all this indian iron they are getting. i have visions of them ripping out the MOST ring, putting a carburetor in place of the injection, and a distributor ignition on them, and then running them until they drop, and then shooting them and leaving them by the side of the road.
either that, or using them as body kits for lada rivas?
Please, go on, you have my attention.....
Old 07-13-2008, 10:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I test drove a new FX 50 Sport yesterday. Wow! Incredible creature comforts, power, 7 speed tranny and proper paddle shifter just like my Ferrari.

I"m placing my order tomorrow morning for a new one to replace the TT. The styling is a bit odd, but quick trip to the paint shop to fix some of the chrome thingies, and it will pass.
What, no new and improved uber Cayenne?
What if I told you that you might be able to get a paddle shift DSG/PDK transmission in the next 3 or so years........nah, didn't think so.

Honda is also into the 'chrome' thing also.....they should have used the same brushed stainless (well it's not really stainless since it rusts) semi permanent (OK, so it tends to eject itself from the Cayenne at highway speeds) trim treatments that PAG pioneered......nah, didn't think so either.

Enjoy the FX.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:30 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

be interesting to know exactly what the russians are actually doing with all this indian iron they are getting.
Here's what the ruskies do with them... they STEAL THEM! who'd of thunk? remember the Russian woman who was a professional body guard that died trying to keep some guys from stealing her PIG? She was literally drugged through the moscow streets trying to get open a door and climb in..

that's when Larry was still alive.. he commented if anyone had tried to steal his PIG while he owned it that he would have handed them the keys.. told them to stand 14 inches from the driver door, press the key fob and Larry would then pray that it actually worked... finally he'd ask the thugs to knock him over the head and thus he could file an insurance claim and buy something else!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
droptop
Pro

Target Practice?

i have intentionally NOT been going to look at the FX50, from the sound of it, i might leave with it. the best thing about the infiniti is that picking it up will probably be the last time you have to see the dealer (unless you like doing the oil changes there).

the infinitifx org site is a good one for info (although they aren't very technically oriented, when they don't break, you don't have to be). good luck.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:21 AM
droptop
Pro

Originally Posted by MadFox
Here's what the ruskies do with them... they STEAL THEM!
yeah, i couldn't believe it ran long enough to hurt her. reminds me of my brother-in-law's triumph. he left the keys in it all the time, someone stole it once and made it to the first turn out of the neighborhood before the rear wheel fell off from taking the turn too fast...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:50 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Makes me feel better to know they have improved.

My 04 CTT has been a PITA for the past 4 years. Although only 37k mi, it stilll has shakey wheels. (after 4 visits to dealers) new coils (2X), software glitches, 3 new NAV units, rear hatch repair (3X) Unending beeps and warnings that can't be confirmed, or traced. Oh yeah.. and it sucks the oil like a Lawn-Boy (1QT/900 mi avg) It's going back to Porsche in two weeks for-good, and I still can't decide on a replacement. (Dealer says it will be auctioned and probably be sent to Russia)

Poor Russians !
My 04 is the same. The problems just keep coming, every problem ever brought up on this forum I've had. Luckily they were done under warranty but now that its not covered the Driveshaft went. The A/C doesn't work and she's peed out a nice pool of greenish oil.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:54 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
that's when Larry was still alive.. he commented if anyone had tried to steal his PIG while he owned it that he would have handed them the keys.. told them to stand 14 inches from the driver door, press the key fob and Larry would then pray that it actually worked... finally he'd ask the thugs to knock him over the head and thus he could file an insurance claim and buy something else!
14" from the driver's door?
Come on, you know that the original remotes needed to be MUCH closer in order to work, especially if it was raining and water had accumulated under the rear spoiler's antennae.
Actually, Larry hasn't a clue where his Cayenne ended up after it 'disappeared'.
He didn't ask, they didn't tell.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:54 PM
QKENUFF
Instructor

Default FX 50 S on Order

Should be here by the end of the month, and will replace my 04 CTT.

Specs:
Midnight Mocha Metallic
Wheat Interior
Sport Pkg w/21's
Tech Pkg
DVD Pkg

Before I drive it off the lot.. It will require trip to the body and paint shop to DE-BLING the thing! Someone at Infinity styling got the Escalade/Navagator "If it Don't Go... Chrome-It" disease. I thought that died in 62! but noooo.. It's back with a vengeance.

Test reports show 0-60 as low as 5.0, ad about 600# lighter than the Cayenne. Terrific interior, voice Nav (the wifey will love it) and some cool techno goodies. The lane change adjuster may be a bit too much intervention for me, but we'll see how it drives. Jury is out until a full test can be completed.
The Cayenne passed it's pre-return inspection today. Looks showroom new. Weird data point... The warranty is up on July 27th, but the car does not need to be returned to Porsche until August 10 ...Go figure? Needless to say It's being returned on the 26th. I don't want 10 minutes of no-warranty exposure with this beast. It would be just my luck to have the thing blow-up on the way to the dealer 6 days out of warranty! Till then I'm walking

Full report and pics of the Japanese version of a V8 SUV when it arrives.

Yeah I know...It's not a Porsche, and yes Maggie... the front does look a bit like a catfish...but, its growing on me, and I won't be cussing out the service rep for the poor engineering, and assembly.

PS. My 07 911 Cab is doing fine. 10k mi and no issues so far!

PPS Styling Critique of the FX 50
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cayenne On Top in JD Powers Survey