mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That's where I got mine, 3 years in when I traded, no problems
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 AM
Frutti_pig
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cayenne Battery change (UK spec)

Originally Posted by cordsig79
FYI, i tackled this battery replacement last night @ Batteries Plus in their parking lot with the tool bit for the seats purchased before at Autozone.

We measured the CCA at 260 definitely dying.........looked up recommend OEM replacement. Grabbed one at 765 or 760 CCA, for 149.

Well I took off the front bolts and the thing would not move back the seat far enough(didnt know about the hinge yet!!). So I finally just took off the rear two bolts.

Found 2 pairs of missing cuff links from 06 . Got the battery out and it did not appear as the same dimensions as the OEM for the one recommended so the B+ worker was like, there is one recommended for the V8s right next to it.

He brought it out and it was almost identical. It was 850 CCA and it was 129?

I put it in with ease and hooked it all back up, taking all 4 bolts off is a pain to reposition the seat squarely and tighten the bolts extremely tight, make sure to push the seat all the way forward and force the hinges back.

Also Batteries plus has a 10% off coupon on their website, so with that and a 100 dollar gift card, i came away paying 19 dollars of my own money and even got a mail in rebate for another 10 dollars on the warranty from inside the store.

I wish I had seen that TReg video before...........I never knew the hinges might be there...my back!!!
Hi Everyone.

Well after several weeks of putting up with having the Pig on Charge most nights I bit the bullet and bought a new battery.
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...guide-diy.html
Following the procedure/tutorials from this forum and from the URL above and having already purchased the correct tools, I have to say I found the whole process very straight forward. Battery under the passenger seat meant after the two bolts were removed the seat reclined out of the way easily.

I hooked up my CTEK charger to the points under the bonnet so not to lose any of the factory settings.

The Pig had a "Varta" battery....not sure if this was OEM, or a replacement? However I decided to purchase a Bosch Silver Car Battery HSB020 which is not the one shown in the car parts suppliers spec sheet (HSB019 is too small) Put every thing back in reverse order and it fired first time!

Big thanks to everyone who contributes to these site....It really is a big help to newbie Porsche guys like me.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Frutti_pig; 08-14-2013 at 08:02 AM. Reason: adding pictures
Old 03-11-2013, 12:21 AM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm trying to decide if i should put an original 110AH Varta/Moll Porsche battery in my Cayenne or the Bosch Silver one.

Looks like the Bosch Silver is 110Ah/920CCA and the Varta/Moll are only 110Ah/520CCA?

I'm leaning towards the Bosch one.
Old 10-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Brit6
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scratch that, can't find Bosch here in Canada or USA for that mattery.

Will probably just go with the OEM Varta for $227.

Quick Reply: Battery maintenance question