Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Rack for back of Cayenne??

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:25 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

I have the Land Rover bike rack. It can swing away from the back hatch, bought it for the Discovery and it works great on the Cayenne.
It's probably the best rack I've seen, extends to 4 bikes. I had a hitch mounted to a steel plate so I can mount it into the garage when the rack is not on the truck.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by leek
LTc or whatever (Larry or whatever) you are comparing your unit (BackRack) (which looks great by the way) with something that costs 25-33% of the price. Not valid in my mind....
Granted, but price was never a parameter of the discussion.
BTW, Larry is dead (R.I.P. ). I'm just sleeping with his widow since I'm fairly certain he won't be back anytime soon.

I am sorry you bought such an early model and have been feeling bad about it for a few years, I don't seem to be having any of the problems you have identified....
I never bought an early model.

Maybe next time you wait for a manufacturer to get most of the bugs out before you buy...
Great, NOW you tell me.
Now I've got to call my dealer and cancel my deposit positions on the Panamera, Cayenne Hybrid and the Panamera Avant (sorry, no one is supposed to know about that one......)
Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

I've used the Softride bikerack. No problems or issues with about 5 years of usage.
http://www.hitchsource.com/softride-...r-p-27792.html

Quick Reply: Bike Rack for back of Cayenne??