Sponsored by:

OIL LEVEL MONITORING FAILURE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:49 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pokerjarvis
The dealer tested/diagnosed the problem; needs a new oil sending unit. Approx. $300. They didn't have one in stock, but assured me it was nothing to worry about, as it was nothing more than a lifeless needle and that everything is functioning fine. They told me to schedule it during my next oil change and to just ignore the intermittent fault. Oddly enough, after their sniffing around and diagnosis, the fault has disappeared (I'm knocking on wood right now) and the gauge is functioning properly. Go figure.
Thank you for the update. My guage has been in and out operation now, and sometimes "cures" itself while I am driving. Going in for an oil change soon, so I'll get it fixed then.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:16 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

UPDATE: Had the coils replaced and now I no longer have the Oil Monitoring System Failure. Interesting side effect. Diagnosed originally as faulty sending unit, but indy said before he replaces it, drive it after coils were fixed and see what happens. So far, so good.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:36 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your not thinking with your dipstick jimmy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mj5ms9PJDNY
Old 10-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Got the same warning last week and oil level is fine. Haven't tried the "tapping" thing. Wonder if it will be covered under extended warranty?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Update: Turns out they will need to replace the instrument cluster as well...that's a 3k+ fix that is covered under my extended warranty...also getting the cardan shaft replaced
Old 10-26-2009, 07:47 PM
pokerjarvis
Instructor

Before you run out and have your instrument panel replaced, I'd recommend having your coils replaced. That is, if you're still using the original coils. Several of us that had this fault had the ignition coils replaced and the fault disappeared. In addition, increased power and performance.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pokerjarvis
Before you run out and have your instrument panel replaced, I'd recommend having your coils replaced. That is, if you're still using the original coils. Several of us that had this fault had the ignition coils replaced and the fault disappeared. In addition, increased power and performance.
Thanks. I'll check on that. I believe I had the original coils replaced at about 22k.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had my inst. cluster replaced 2 times because the trip odometer wouldn't reset. Wasn't a big issue but since it was under warranty I had it done. 1st replacement worked for about a week so I waited a couple of mos. and had it done again. 2nd replacement has been working fine for about 4 mos.

After the 2nd replacement my service writer said they had just started seeing a problem with these things. Glad to know I saved myself 3k x 2 with the warranty. I think I'm on my CPO 2 yr. warr. now, have to check.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:50 PM
bmchism
1st Gear

I read in a few places where replacing the coil packs cleared up the "Oil Level Monitoring Failure Workshop" light. I can't think of a single logical reason why that would work, but recently had to replace the coil pack in cylinder 8 and the Oil Level Monitoring light went off. I have tried everything to fix it ranging from banging on the dash, jiggling wires, banging on the sensor, and nothing. I replace the coil pack in cylinder 8 and voila, it is fixed for good. Two long tips, and about two weeks without any failures.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:37 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

German electronics..... of course it could just be a left over Easter Egg.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:23 AM
FFWD1
Track Day

My Oil Level Monitoring warning just came on today. Funny thing as soon as the warning light came on...my A/C started blowing warm. Are these two issues related?
Weird...

anyone that replaced their coil packs, did you have your Oil Level Warning light come back?

Thanks,

Jaime
2005 Cayenne S
The following users liked this post:
Erik Terrazas (01-25-2020)
Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 PM
gt300zxtt
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FFWD1
My Oil Level Monitoring warning just came on today. Funny thing as soon as the warning light came on...my A/C started blowing warm. Are these two issues related?
Weird...

anyone that replaced their coil packs, did you have your Oil Level Warning light come back?

Thanks,

Jaime
2005 Cayenne S
Jamie, I have the same issues: warm a/c and oil level monitoring failure workshop. did you figure out what the problem was? was the problem combination just a coincidence? TIA

Anthony
2005 Cayenne Turbo
Old 06-17-2020, 04:48 PM
jeff halverson
1st Gear

Originally Posted by gt300zxtt
Jamie, I have the same issues: warm a/c and oil level monitoring failure workshop. did you figure out what the problem was? was the problem combination just a coincidence? TIA

Anthony
2005 Cayenne Turbo
Same here, I have a 09 GTS and ran diag on car which read (knew I needed to replace thermo as it’s stuck open), 2 ac faults, cylinder 5 misfire. Ordered new coil and spark, the damn things looked brand new when bought so just been replacing as I go. Part arrives tmrw so will give update

****Hope it’s been fixed as I just saw 2014 as ur post date 😂😂😂😂***
Old 06-17-2020, 06:01 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 247 Posts

Discussed here...https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-...-i-remove.html

Quick Reply: OIL LEVEL MONITORING FAILURE!