Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone bought Lloyd's mats for the Cayenne?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 12:32 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone bought Lloyd's mats for the Cayenne?

I ordered and received a set of Lloyd mats, front and rear seat, for the '06 Cayenne from Pelican. They came yesterday and when I went to install I couldn't get the front paseanger mat to go in, it was too long at the top, by about 3/4 inch, and it was too long at the seat by about 1 inch. It has a extension in the mat at the seat end that would require the Nav DVD access panel to be removed for the mat to fit and also be locked in by the mat lock tabs. When you lay the original Porsche mats on top of the Lloyd mats it's obvious the Lloyd's are larger.

The driver's side front did fit but it wasn't as nice a fit as you would expect. The rear seats were better.

I've purchased Lloyd mats for my '88 911, 93' 968 and '97 993 and all of them fit fine, but not these.

I called Pelican and Pelican is calling the mfgr so we'll see where it goes.

Has anyone else installed Lloyd's in their Cayenne? If so, how did your's fit? In Late '05 (?) Porsche changed the mat fastening system, later cars have a rotating tab to hold down the mat.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 03-27-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

IIRC, the change in mat retention occured in early 04 (MY03 to MY04 change) and has been the same since.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:49 AM
OCNYPORSCHE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 97 Posts

I actually bought Lloyd's mats for my Cayenne S and they fit good. I did not buy them from Pelican though. I do remember that the place where I purchased them asked if I had the Nav, which I do. There is probably a different cut for a Cayenne with the Nav.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by OCNYPORSCHE
I actually bought Lloyd's mats for my Cayenne S and they fit good. I did not buy them from Pelican though. I do remember that the place where I purchased them asked if I had the Nav, which I do. There is probably a different cut for a Cayenne with the Nav.
Pelican's "Wizard" didn't ask if I had Nav, just if I had the "late model mat attachments". I wonder what the changes were between the '06 and '08 models.

Didn't hear back from Pelican yesterday but I took a couple of photos of the Porsche mat on top of the Lloyd mat (on my garage floor) which shows the size diff., I'll send them to Pelican's cust. support.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:52 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Called Pelican Cust. Support today, she said she had heard back from Lloyd's mfgr. that believes the mats should be correct and faxed me a diagram/drawing for the front mats. Personally I don't care what the drawing says I know the mat (primarily the front pass. side) won't fit in the car. I sent Pelican C.S. rep. the 6 photos I took of both the OE mat on the new Lloyd mat and the OE mat in place in the car to show that there is very little room for excess size on the Lloyd mat if it is to fit in the Cayenne.

The Pelican C.S. rep indicated she was going to forward my email with the photos to Lloyd's to see what could be done. If they can't make any changes I'll be sending the full set back and ordering a replacement set of OE mats.

I'm including 4 of the photos so you can see what I'm talking about. Yes, I'm replacing the OE tan mats with black mats so they wouldn't show the dirt as much.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-24-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 PM
stevertr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem and the company was useless. Not ot mention the color was off. They sat in my garage for about a year until a big clean up and then I threw them away.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:07 AM
charlieXS
Pro

the pkg from lloyds states that they are larger than oem... my problem was the distance between the twist loc's was off a bit and I had to stretch the mat to close the twist-loc... not really well made. Killer looking, though...
Old 03-27-2008, 09:20 AM
vyper340
Pro

Return them for refind and bash Pelican for poor support. I won't buy from them based on what you've experienced.

Good luck!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Originally Posted by charlieXS
the pkg from lloyds states that they are larger than oem... my problem was the distance between the twist loc's was off a bit and I had to stretch the mat to close the twist-loc... not really well made. Killer looking, though...
On mine the twist locks are positioned well, it's just the extension of the mat toward the seat base and the mat being too tall at the top of the foot well.

As for Pelican, while the CS Rep has been a little slow getting responses back to me (she says they've been swamped) I can't blame them them for this problem, they're stuck in the middle. I do plan to call her again this afternoon and if she hasn't got a satisfactory resolution from Lloyd I'll just return them for a refund and get an OE set from Sunset. I don't want to spend weeks dealing with this and I don't want to leave them sitting in my garage for months. I do like the Lloyd material better than the OE material though.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

After not getting responses back from the Pelican Parts CS rep on my emails I called her, she said she didn't get either of my emails! I verified the email address I used for her was correct, it was. The one with the 6 photos I can understand (spam filter on their end?) but the follow-up email the next day? Today she had me send the photos to her boss' email to be forwarded to the rep. and she called me back 5 min. later saying she got them.

I'm growing very impatient over this. During our conversation today she implied I didn't have the mat installed properly (WTF??) I let her know there are securing tabs on the mats, it's not as if you can install the mat off by a couple of inches!!
Old 04-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

More photos of the "fit" of the Lloyds. I'll update on the latest of the Lloyds/Pelican saga later. What a hassle.

Last edited by Slow Guy; 12-24-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:47 AM
Slow Guy
Race Director

Well Pelican got back to me late yesterday, says Lloyd is telling them the mats are made to their template so there's no error on their part. (so how did they check the template?) They also reiterated that there is no refund since these are special order parts (I had them stitch "Cayenne S" in red on the front mats) even though I stated I felt these were a manufacturers defect since they didn't fit.

It seems the best they will do is take the mat back that won't fit and trim it if I mark on the back where I want it trimmed. While that seems on the surface to be a good plan, and it is my only viable option at this point, it shouldn't have come to this and it shouldn't have taken this long. On top of it I'll still be looking at 20 days at least between Pelican mailing me the label, me shipping the mat back, the mat getting trimmed and the mat being sent back to me. On top of it Lloyd still won't have an accurate template for future Cayenne mats!

I had planned on swapping out the Lloyd gray mats in the 993 for some black mats, I can say for sure now they won't be Lloyd's and they won't be from Pelican.

I did send the Pelican CS Rep. and her supervisor (hopefully someone will get the email) an email with the last batch of photos I posted above showing just how poorly the mats fit. I asked that they forward the photos to the people at Lloyd's too (for whatever good that'll do).

Quick Reply: Anyone bought Lloyd's mats for the Cayenne?