Sponsored by:

Thinking of buying a pre-owned Cayenne? Some tips

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008 | 03:22 AM
Wazoo
Instructor

Cool from 996 to Cayenne

Originally Posted by Alstoy
Wazoo-if I understand correctly you are going from a 997 to a Cayenne. Would you share your thoughts on the two cars.
Actually, the previous Porsche was a 996...C4. Loved that car...replaced it with an S4...and now to the Cayenne S.

Kids are older...2+2 for emergencies didn't work anymore and with divorce, we were no longer a 2 car household...one car had to do two jobs...so I tried the S4...now the Cayenne S. I'm the frustrated C4 owner...so a Cayenne will do for now...I hope.

Hey, I loved all of the cars...before that also had Carreras and a Targa. My favorite was a white Targa, '87 Model year with throaty dual exhaust and Mass Air flow sensor. I used to love starting that car in the morning...the 996 was almost too civilized in comparison. On the other hand, the C4 did great in Michigan winters!

I will say, the older cars were just plain more fun...the newer cars seem almost too civilized...too luxurious sometimes. Missing some of that raw go cart feel. Know what I mean?
Old 03-22-2008 | 03:42 AM
JMEN1
1st Gear

I have an 04 V6 Cayenne w 47k still under warranty , Lookin for extended warranty any info policys ?
Old 03-23-2008 | 12:24 PM
Slow Guy
Race Director

There have been several threads on this but personally I would see who your dealer would recommend since they're the ones who are going to have to deal w/ the warranty company. Around here Easy Care is popular but I have no first hand dealings with them.
Old 04-16-2008 | 05:14 PM
@TheWheel
2nd Gear

Good tips.

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a CPO '04 CS this week. Its going in for a pre-purchase inspection at the dealer tomorrow. (I'm buying it from a private owner so CPO will transfer)

Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: Thinking of buying a pre-owned Cayenne? Some tips