Non-Automatic Climate Control?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Brocktoon
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Non-Automatic Climate Control?

Hi all.

Thinking of ordering up a V6 for '09 in a few months. Since my wife does not want servotronic, the "preferred package" with sunroof and auto a/c is out. Is the regular 2 zone auto a/c worth ordering? I live in the Canadian Rockies and have found that on other cars, it's on too much set to auto, as there is really no humidity to pull out of the air here. Does anyone know what the non-auto a/c is like? Does anyone have a picture of the non-auto controls?

I did a search, but mostly turned up guys looking for 6-speeds, or posts about stinky a/c.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Brocktoon
Track Day

Question

Ok, no help there, how about Light Olive paint? Never seen it in person... Opinions?
Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 PM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Brocktoon
Hi all.

Thinking of ordering up a V6 for '09 in a few months. Since my wife does not want servotronic, the "preferred package" with sunroof and auto a/c is out. Is the regular 2 zone auto a/c worth ordering? I live in the Canadian Rockies and have found that on other cars, it's on too much set to auto, as there is really no humidity to pull out of the air here. Does anyone know what the non-auto a/c is like? Does anyone have a picture of the non-auto controls?

I did a search, but mostly turned up guys looking for 6-speeds, or posts about stinky a/c.

Thanks in advance!
I think that the only difference between auto a/c and non-auto a/c is the "auto" button. IMO, just get the pref package, but then I don't know the reasons for your wife not wanting the servotronic.

The light olive is a nice color on the car, just not one that I would personally choose.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:25 AM
Brocktoon
Track Day

Thanks for the info. My wife is picky about steering, and hated the variable rack we had on a Honda, like seven years ago... Trust me, I had to convince her we should go Tiptronic, that was almost too much.

I also worked at the local Porsche dealer in University, and I know that coloured badges are major vandal bait, another knock against pref. pack....
Old 02-07-2008, 11:32 AM
cascade
Rennlist Member

I just went through the same process. Pictures of the non-auto a/c are hard to come by, but if you get on the Porsche car-configurator on the website, you can get a glimpse of it. I ended up ordering the auto a/c option for $550 as I have it on a C4S and it works great - haven't fooled with the HVAC in 6 months. My wife never figured out the HVAC on our last two cars, so figured the auto system would be best.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:19 PM
APXD 30
Advanced

I have an '06 987 S that I ordered. It's a well-optioned car including PP+. PP+ doesn't include auto climate on the Boxster and I specifically did not order it as I didn't like it on my 986 and never use the auto setting on my daily A4 as the fan runs too much.

In terms of the look, at least on the 987, it is essentially the same digital configuration with the exception of the auto button above the climate cluster. I believe it is the same on the Cayenne. I too have ordered mine without the auto climate and PP+. My preference was go a la carte for options. I also don't like the memory seat on my Boxster which is in the PP+ which never seems to work well for my wife & I b/c we use a single key for the car.

My dealer did recommend Servotronic as I order the tow package. It should help with moving a trailer at low speeds.

JPD
'06 987 S Euro Delivery 5/12/06
'06 GTI MkV
'03 A4Q
'08 Cayenne Euro Delivery 6/19/08
Past: '99 986
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Brocktoon
Track Day

Originally Posted by APXD 30

My dealer did recommend Servotronic as I order the tow package. It should help with moving a trailer at low speeds.
Interesting point..

Quick Reply: Non-Automatic Climate Control?