I'm new Here: Intro + pics

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new Here: Intro + pics

Hello All,

I thought id introduce myself and post a few pics of my Cayenne. Im from the Philly area and have been through about 6 cars in less than 4 years and have finally got me a Porsche I also have a 2007 Honda S2000 for the spring/summer months in PA.

So far i have been enjoying my Pepper very much...but an anxious to get a few more mods done. All i have now are the 22" VE wheels, H&R springs, Euro clear corners, and debadged "CayenneS" from the rear and replaced it with a Porshce crest (not pictured).

I am looking forward to modding the car more over the winter (Pioneer Z1 doubledin headunit + headrest monitors)...and then in the spring i am hoping to add the full FabSpeed exhaust.

Thanks for looking!

Jon
Old 11-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Hello All,

I thought id introduce myself and post a few pics of my Cayenne. Im from the Philly area and have been through about 6 cars in less than 4 years and have finally got me a Porsche

Fore!

Nice photos Jon. The wheels look great. Welcome aboard.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Fore!

Nice photos Jon. The wheels look great. Welcome aboard.
Thanks Dennis.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:05 PM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome and nice looking Cayenne. Really nice wheels.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Fore!
Too easy, no challenge.....although properly prepared, Newbie can be served at Thanksgiving Dinner.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
Too easy, no challenge.....although properly prepared, Newbie can be served at Thanksgiving Dinner.
I thought the "FORE" was some sort of inside joke.........and yea, i am a newb on here...but give me 2 weeks...ill have 500 posts by then jk
Old 11-19-2007, 03:54 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
i am a newb on here...but give me 2 weeks...ill have 500 posts by then
Are you challenging Nexus6? Unless you've got 4 ex-wives and a tattoo across your whole back AND your chest it ain't happening. Well, maybe if you get one of these, then ok, you win :

Old 11-19-2007, 04:26 PM
sigs
Racer

It may be too easy for you, ltc, but I just can't resist. All you mod-fiends out there heat up your flame-throwers. Just remember that my idea of "mod"ing an SUV involves mostly things that allow me to apply a liberal coat of dirt even faster, so don't get too close or you might get some in your clearcoat...

Pearlcoupeg35,
1. If nothing else, you've made ltc's day by showing him pictures of a black Cayenne. He just can't get enough of those pics. Show him a few more and he'll be happy to explain why it is that you haven't really gotten yourself a Porsche.
2. It's been a few years since I've driven much around Philly, but I've hit potholes around there that would give an audible chuckle while turning those pretty black 22" wheels into so much scrap metal, especially when they are hurled into the asphalt abyss while attached to a 5500#, gussied-up land-yacht. I guess I just don't understand the concept of putting so much wheel (and so little rubber) on a 4WD SUV, but whatever floats your boat.
3. Six cars in four years? If you go through six 911s by the end of the year, then you can talk to Alex911s.
4. Welcome to the asylum (err..., forum). If you'll notice the post by EnigmaWmn - she is the bastion of sanity and class around here, so you can imagine what the rest of us are like.
5. Enjoy the ride.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Agreed... it was a bit on the easy side... I was just happy to be the first to get to it... I'll try to look for more of a challenge on the next one...
Old 11-19-2007, 04:44 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Sigs is right, it was a bit tactless of me to suggest someone as radical as The Lizard Man.

This one will do just as well.

Btw, you are considering tinting the windows & getting some spinners for those 22"s, right?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:46 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
although properly prepared, Newbie can be served at Thanksgiving Dinner.
Can we dig up Larry for a sec? I'm forgetting the secret ingredient in his recipe for the newbie-stuffing :-D
Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Are you challenging Nexus6? Unless you've got 4 ex-wives and a tattoo across your whole back AND your chest it ain't happening. Well, maybe if you get one of these, then ok, you win :

I am not sure i follow you here??? I dont know who Nexus6 is? Maybe a member that posts a lot???

I was implying that i get HOOKED on these forums and therefore will be on here a lot now that i have jumped off the deep end (and posted an into haha)
Old 11-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Originally Posted by sigs
It may be too easy for you, ltc, but I just can't resist. All you mod-fiends out there heat up your flame-throwers. Just remember that my idea of "mod"ing an SUV involves mostly things that allow me to apply a liberal coat of dirt even faster, so don't get too close or you might get some in your clearcoat...

Pearlcoupeg35,
1. If nothing else, you've made ltc's day by showing him pictures of a black Cayenne. He just can't get enough of those pics. Show him a few more and he'll be happy to explain why it is that you haven't really gotten yourself a Porsche.
2. It's been a few years since I've driven much around Philly, but I've hit potholes around there that would give an audible chuckle while turning those pretty black 22" wheels into so much scrap metal, especially when they are hurled into the asphalt abyss while attached to a 5500#, gussied-up land-yacht. I guess I just don't understand the concept of putting so much wheel (and so little rubber) on a 4WD SUV, but whatever floats your boat.
3. Six cars in four years? If you go through six 911s by the end of the year, then you can talk to Alex911s.
4. Welcome to the asylum (err..., forum). If you'll notice the post by EnigmaWmn - she is the bastion of sanity and class around here, so you can imagine what the rest of us are like.
5. Enjoy the ride.
1. Its not my "sports car"...its my daily driver...and i dont go offroading so i modded it for looks. However, if you give me about 10 days -2 weeks i will have my winter/off road wheels/tires mounted and ill be sure to take some pretty pics for you with dirt all over the truck

2. Potholes are everywhere in the city.....good thing i live in the burbs.

3. Alex911 is my hero (i am on another board with him and know his car habits well!)

4. Thanks for the "Welcome"

5. I will certainly try.....
Old 11-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Pearlcoupeg35
Instructor

Sigs is right, it was a bit tactless of me to suggest someone as radical as The Lizard Man.

This one will do just as well.

Btw, you are considering tinting the windows & getting some spinners for those 22"s, right?
I dont follow you on this one either - although i do have the same "haircut" as this dude

Tint = perhaps...

Spinners = (assuming this isnt a joke) never!
Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Great, yet another Mary Kay Porschephile, slathering on Tammy Fae Baker amounts of lipstick onto the pig, trying to cover up it's Audi-ness.

It actually makes me long for the days of Cayenne Laundry Talk.

Quick Reply: I'm new Here: Intro + pics