Sponsored by:

Return to the USA

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Return to the USA

My wife and I are moving back to the USA soon. We will be living in the Norfolk-Newport News, Va. area and I am looking for a good dealership for service and care. I did a search and all of the comments I found are quite old. I was wondering if anyone has an up-to-date recommendation(s) for this area. I am not against driving a few miles to a good dealer. Thanks for your help. JW
Old 11-15-2007, 06:32 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JW3
My wife and I are moving back to the USA soon. We will be living in the Norfolk-Newport News, Va. area and I am looking for a good dealership for service and care. I did a search and all of the comments I found are quite old. I was wondering if anyone has an up-to-date recommendation(s) for this area. I am not against driving a few miles to a good dealer. Thanks for your help. JW
Welcome Home! Thank you for your service to our country... some day.. after the declassification time period has elapsed.. you need to have a Porsche party and mesmerize us all with your wit and nifty insights into what "high tech" really means!

Well done, sir.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM
elfer4s
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience in this area, Chesapeake Bay, has only been with EuroClassics in Richmond. I've had 5 recent model Porsches (986, 996, 997 S and GT3, and Cayenne) serviced only by them and I've never had any complaints. That said 1) I have had no experiences with Checkered Flag in Virginia Beach and 2) I have heard very few detractors regarding EuroClassics from other members of First Settlers Region.

Of the 5 Porsches, three were purchased from EuroClassics.

Two other points-EuroClassics is almost 90 miles from our home. When I lived in Northern Virginia, I always took my Porsches to a nearby independent shop. While there are plenty of them in the Norfolk, Virginia Beach, Williamsburg and Richmond areas, I choose to bring my Porsches to EuroClassics).
Old 11-17-2007, 07:24 AM
JW3
Racer

Thanks very much for the welcome home wish - it will be good to be back in the USA.

Also thanks to elfer4s for the tip on the Porsche Shop EuroClassics in Richmond. I will definitely give that a try.
JW
Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 AM
CaptPegLeg
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You didn't ask for independents but, I really like Eurosports on Birdneck Rd. near the beach. They've always given me great service and very fair prices. As an example on my Boxster S, I had to replace the Tip. and their price was over $1,000 less than the dealer and I watched them unload the new transmission from the Checkered Flag delivery truck. And, they don't mind if you stand in the bay and watch the repairs or just wander around the shop. Like almost all independents, they are limited somewhat on some repairs by not having access to all the latest gee whizz diagnostic stuff from Porsche.
I like the folks there and more importantly, I trust them to do the job correctly and at a fair price. I know there are other great independents around but I don't have any experience with the others. I do have experience with the dealer though.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 PM
JW3
Racer

Thanks for that tip. I still have some warranty remaining but when the CTT gets naked, I can try anyone I want.

Quick Reply: Return to the USA