Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just so my fellow Cayenne S owners in California know...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:45 AM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just so my fellow Cayenne S owners in California know...

Plate "1 QWK S" has NOW been taken

I ordered the damn things like 2 months ago, and haven't heard nothing from the DMV stating that they are ready yet!

I mean they DID say expect 8-12 weeks before being notified though

Guess it is going to take the full 3 months then Dammit! Don't prisoners make them or something? It isn't like they have anything better to do? I want my damn plates dammit!!

(that was my Eric Cartman impression of the Ninetendo WII episode)

Hmmmm...maybe I should have included a nail file with the payment?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:39 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 342 Likes on 152 Posts

I've got ROJOPPR as in "Red Pepper".
It can also stand for Robert and JoAnne's Pepper, even though it is my pepper. Hmmm Although I do share it with him once in a while
Old 11-02-2007, 04:03 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Nexus: Another good choice for a license plate would be: "TA 2 U"
Old 11-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, our incarcerated make the plates ... Folsom "Five-Star" Prison. 1 QWK S ... nice plate!

I'm a Special Interest Plate "AKA Personalized" ***** - all of our cars have them. Some cars have had 3 different plates.

For our RUF converted CTT, I ordered RUF PEPR, then after a couple of months, I ordered DAKARA. Dakara is the name of the RUF conversion.

The RUF Dakara has the standard Environmental Plate, but our other cars have Coastal and Tahoe. Tahoe is my favorite by far.

https://vrir.dmv.ca.gov/ipp/PerLicensePlateServlet

My addiction to changing plates have given me a substantial collection of Garage Art ... I'm planning on placing all the plates (personalized and not) along a wall.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cannoli
Yes, our incarcerated make the plates ... Folsom "Five-Star" Prison. 1 QWK S ... nice plate!

I'm a Special Interest Plate "AKA Personalized" ***** - all of our cars have them. Some cars have had 3 different plates.

For our RUF converted CTT, I ordered RUF PEPR, then after a couple of months, I ordered DAKARA. Dakara is the name of the RUF conversion.

The RUF Dakara has the standard Environmental Plate, but our other cars have Coastal and Tahoe. Tahoe is my favorite by far.

https://vrir.dmv.ca.gov/ipp/PerLicensePlateServlet

My addiction to changing plates have given me a substantial collection of Garage Art ... I'm planning on placing all the plates (personalized and not) along a wall.
Right on! Thats cool....I went with the "Coastal" background. I think that is the sweetest looking one. When you have always ordered yours, how long did it maybe take on average for them to send you the "postcard" (that is what the DMV said I would get when the plate is ready) stating that your plate was ready for pickup?

I had a buddy in Hawaii who was a computer guy that had a plate that said "Byte Me" on it He had told me once that the DMV had been hassling him to turn the plate back in but he refused and kept it!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Cannoli
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nexus 6 - on average it takes 6 to 8 weeks. I dealt with the San Diego (Claremont) DVM. The staff there is fantastic - one of the best DMVs in CA that I've dealt with (NorCal and SoCal).

I even had the DAKARA plate remade at no cost - it was not spaced properly. That took about 10 weeks to get the postcard.

I hope to meet you soon someday for a GTG/Drive - I'm in Carlsbad.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:53 AM
dustybottoms
Track Day

I was eating lunch at Applebee’s when a Porsche Cayanne pulled up and parked. A man in a business suit got out and headed for the door. The front license read 3mTA3 After a couple minutes I had to laugh out loud.

Here's mine... (It's my second one - The first one was a 2004 and didn't have all the options.)

Old 11-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Nexus 6
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Cannoli
Nexus 6 - on average it takes 6 to 8 weeks. I dealt with the San Diego (Claremont) DVM. The staff there is fantastic - one of the best DMVs in CA that I've dealt with (NorCal and SoCal).

I even had the DAKARA plate remade at no cost - it was not spaced properly. That took about 10 weeks to get the postcard.

I hope to meet you soon someday for a GTG/Drive - I'm in Carlsbad.
Right on! Yea that is where I typically go for everything DMV related because they have always seemed to be more on the ball than anywhere else

GTG? Sounds great! Lemme know when the next one is planned, and hopefully I have some free time (which more and more is a luxury that I do not seem to have these days, but a cruise would be nice!)
Old 11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by dustybottoms
I was eating lunch at Applebee’s when a Porsche Cayanne pulled up and parked. A man in a business suit got out and headed for the door. The front license read 3mTA3 After a couple minutes I had to laugh out loud.

Here's mine... (It's my second one - The first one was a 2004 and didn't have all the options.)

"3mTA3"? Not getting it.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:28 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by alsamrob
"3mTA3"? Not getting it.
Hold your monitor to a mirror and read the tag again.....
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by Scott C
Hold your monitor to a mirror and read the tag again.....
Got it. I am sure the State Police love to write that up.

Good friend of mine has U 812. Good for a laugh, tho not sure why.

Quick Reply: Just so my fellow Cayenne S owners in California know...