Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrsurg
Took our 06 CTTS to Parade San Diego and my wife & I both autocrossed it (she got 1st.....OK there were only 2 ladies running but a win is a win). It is a spectacular machine. The term "SUV" is soooo not even close to a viable description of this monster. Perhaps "crazed wildebeast on acid during the rut"?
Well, now that our esteemed forum veteran and official forum bartender has cleared the fairway......

Perhaps "crazed wildebeast on acid during the rut"?

We (not 'we' as in all the forum membes, but 'we' as in my many personalties......) prefer the simpler term: Pig.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig, just a prettier pig.

Now matter how highly you regard the folks in the Weissach suspension department (and I know the Cayenne is not on their personal lists of achievement), not even they can get around the laws left behind by Sir Isaac Newton (Larry had tea with him last week, interesting guy), can hide the fact that the Cayenne is a 5500#, high center of gravity, understeering, brake dust generating.....

PIG.

Yes, the Turbo S is a slightly prettier version of the pig.....but it's still a pig.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, pwrsurg. Don't let ltc rain on your Parade (sorry, couldn't resist). He simply HATES the thought of a Cayenne on a track, apparently even if it's an autocross track where it's "piggishness" can't possibly endanger other drivers. It's still a hoot to drive on an AX course, and an even bigger hoot when your times have your mid-engine-opposed-cylinder-evangelical buddies kicking the cones and double-checking the timers' stopwatches. Besides, if you get your wife hooked, maybe she'll let you trade her Boxster in for a GT3 to add to your stable. You obviously have enough money to spend on tires and brake pads, so go have yourself a ball.

(Disclaimer: the above was written by an automotive nut-job from the "wrong side of the tracks" of this forum who has - and still would - track anything from a home-built 80-hp minibike to a stock full-size Ford Bronco, so no credibility is implied or should be assumed by any sane person.)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sigs
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain, pwrsurg. Don't let ltc rain on your Parade (sorry, couldn't resist). He simply HATES the thought of a Cayenne on a track, apparently even if it's an autocross track where it's "piggishness" can't possibly endanger other drivers. It's still a hoot to drive on an AX course, and an even bigger hoot when your times have your mid-engine-opposed-cylinder-evangelical buddies kicking the cones and double-checking the timers' stopwatches. Besides, if you get your wife hooked, maybe she'll let you trade her Boxster in for a GT3 to add to your stable. You obviously have enough money to spend on tires and brake pads, so go have yourself a ball.

(Disclaimer: the above was written by an automotive nut-job from the "wrong side of the tracks" of this forum who has - and still would - track anything from a home-built 80-hp minibike to a stock full-size Ford Bronco, so no credibility is implied or should be assumed by any sane person.)
Ahhh... diversity is such a great thing on this forum... Sigs is an "original" and a "keeper"! Purplesaurus Rex with adult additive anyone?
Old 11-08-2007, 02:03 PM
sigs
Racer

MadFox, you are too kind. I'd call myself a black sheep, but that wouldn't mean much on this forum, would it?
Old 11-09-2007, 11:55 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

I can always come over here for a great chuckle or two...

Old 11-09-2007, 03:44 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I wont buy it unless the CTTS is 40K off msrp
Old 11-10-2007, 07:48 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by alex911s
I wont buy it unless the CTTS is 40K off msrp
Alex,
You'll buy any car that isn't nailed down to the floor of the showroom......

Quick Reply: Cayenne Turbo S