Need advice on purchasing CTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
........ Btw, to date, I've smoked EVERY 4.8 that raced with me. But they probably had cell-phone-yapping-double-wide-assed (shout out to Larry) soccer moms behind the wheel.
God, I love it when you talk dirty......... You're a man's woman and honorary MOR!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by OldGuy
THis is what humorous about this stuff. You guys can talk about the X5 3.0 or the 4.4 or the 4.8i -- I am talking about the 4.8is It looks alot different MadFox than the run of the mill X5.
You're right this is humorous stuff... Did you think I can't read what model you delineated in your post? I promise I'm a little bit "edumukated" AND that I did indeed drive the dang thing (nice interior for a woman's car!). As I said you're entitled to a wrong opinion.. it's a free country.
Enigma woman You have obviously not raced a 4.8is it has 20 more HP than a 06 Cayenne Titanium S and is a FULL second faster from 0-60. So you guys go do some homework look at the 4.8is and you wil become educated.
I'm guessing Enigmawmn is highly "edumukated" and knows what a 4.8is "is"...and since she's a "woman" I'll bet she did her homework better than me, a lowly male.. who even though I live in Alabama --- I dun knew what that thar 4.8is is..... and wow 20 more HP and a "FULL" second.. like a driver makes no difference in this situation??? and lastly.. if you're rolling or you're on the interstate doing 50 and jump to 100.. I'd argue that ANY Cayenne S, Tit.S or TT will kick any BMW X5 4.8is' jelly bean hippo's ****.
I could have any Cayenne I want but there isnt one I want, or one that my OWN PORSCHE DEALER can recommend!!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE POST YOUR DEALER'S NAME>>>>> We want Peter the Great to know what an idiot he has in your 'hood. Actually wait a minute.. bad rep with the alpha/beta models.. oil at nearly $100/barrel... a forum full of idiots who don't know what a 4.8is is... that'll keep people from buying Cayennes and I can still drive around here without seeing another Cayenne all that often... BINGO!! Let's just call it a DRAW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:16 AM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[
So you guys go do some homework look at the 4.8is and you wil become educated.
Wow, I feel so much smarter, now. It is amazing how much of our egos we have tied up in such subjective matters, and how opinions get stated as facts on these forums. Just a few contrary opinions, and I'll freely confess that they are just that:
  1. Sorry, but the X5 in any version looks feminine to me. Strapping some wide tires on the back doesn't change that. But, what the heck, I think the Cayenne looks feminine, too. The turbo grille makes it a little less so, but the facelift just make it look Japanese AND feminine. But what do I know? The most beautiful car I ever saw was the "retired" unmarked Ford highway patrol interceptor with a Wood brothers 429 that I bought in high school.
  2. I agree with the BMW gurus that it would be an insult to the real M-class vehicles to slap that moniker on the 4.8is.
  3. Have driven the 4.8is a fair amount - no, not my wife's, my biking buddy's. My wife won't let me drive her cars like that. It's a better bargain than my Cayenne, but I'm glad I paid the difference. The X5 handles a little bit better, most notably in a slalom, but the acceleration difference is much larger in my Cayenne's favor, especially in real-world driving. And hearing that I spent too much money on my CTT-PK from someone who obviously has spent a TON of money on very nice vehicles, when other, much less expensive vehicles would have been "better bargains," is truly one of the more definitive ironies I've seen on this board.
  4. The X5 is NOT an SUV. No low-range. No real off-road capability. Limited towing - even relative to the Cayenne. At least BMW is honest enough not to even call it an SUV (it's officially an SAV), unlike other makers, who stick to their poseur stance and still try to call their jacked-up station wagons SUVs. ----------- Okay, so that one's not an opinion, it's a fact. You caught me sneaking one in.
  5. I didn't believe half of what my Cayenne salesman said, as it was clear he knew less than half of what I knew about the vehicle. I certainly wouldn't have believed what he said about another vehicle. It sounds like yours must have just found it his boss was sleeping with his wife.
  6. And finally, if there's anything that can make the screwed-up electronic interface of the Cayenne look good to me, it has to be i-drive.

As I've said before, I think it's just great that we are all so fortunate as to be here arguing the merits of all these ridiculously overpriced vehicles, and I'd hate to be an auto designer-engineer trying to guess which features and price-points are going to be a hit with such an opinionated bunch of folks, myself included.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
I'm guessing Enigmawmn is highly "edumukated" and knows what a 4.8is "is" and wow 20 more HP and a "FULL" second.. like a driver makes no difference in this situation???
It all depends on what one's definition of an "is" .... is!

Did you think I can't read what model you delineated in your post? I promise I'm a little bit "edumukated" AND that I did indeed drive the dang thing
Are you sure , though? Because to this day Carmela Soprano thinks Tony gave her a CTT
Old 11-08-2007, 09:10 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

TOP 5 MOST HILARIOUS POSTS IN SIGS THREAD:
Originally Posted by sigs
#5. Sorry, but the X5 in any version looks feminine to me. Strapping some wide tires on the back doesn't change that.

#4. ...much less expensive vehicles would have been "better bargains," is truly one of the more definitive ironies I've seen on this board.

#3. .... Okay, so that one's not an opinion, it's a fact. You caught me sneaking one in.

#2. .... if there's anything that can make the screwed-up electronic interface of the Cayenne look good to me, it has to be i-drive..
AND THE NUMBER ONE BEST LINE ON THE FORUM IN A LONG TIME:
Originally Posted by sigs
#1. It sounds like yours* must have just found out his boss was sleeping with his wife!
* Porsche salesman that told Old Guy to buy a 4.8is
Old 11-08-2007, 02:18 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're an honorary MOR!
It takes BIG schweaty ***** to smoke all of those 4.8is
Old 11-16-2007, 09:13 PM
ozr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by ozr
...if I were at your place, I would buy any 2008 Cayenne with PDCC, for example, CayenneTT08 500hp on paper, but not CayenneTTS (before2007).

...PDCC makes A LOT of sense/difference, CayTT08500hp on paper ACTUALLY are more hp in real life, than CayTTS520hp on paper...

...Why?,...the answer is: VarioCamPlus starting in 2008 Cay V8 engines and VTG (Variable Turbine Geometry) features in 2008 CayTT engines...

OZRacing
Originally Posted by GBG
... Thanks
...good news for folks going CayenneTT08 route...

...PowerKit for CayenneTT08 is coming:

540hp, 21 wheels, bigger brakes(fronts 380mm x 38mm), different chassis setup...

...0-100 km/h 4,9 sec.

Code E81.

...in EU about 15K euro.

OZRacing

Quick Reply: Need advice on purchasing CTS