Cayenne @ NHIS

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I was in no way trying to convince you one way or the other.
I actually do not know the local regions (NER, NCR, CVR, Metro, etc) position on the Cayenne.
Just my 2 cents......with change due back.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:37 PM
sigs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
We'll I think I am sold. You have change my opinion! Thanks. - Jay
I'll make up for not joining in earlier by posting a diatribe. Sorry. We've had this discourse before, and I have since converted to Lewis's point of view - to an extent. While ideally I believe it is the combinaton of driver and vehicle that should be judged, perhaps it does put too much on the shoulders of the local track officials and instructors to decide whether the rest of the group is safer with me in a Cayenne vs. a less experienced driver in a Carrera. I can disagree with you guys' arguments, but if the other drivers on the track share your feelings, it is not worth my making them uncomfortable.

I wish that the PCA events would be more hospitable to Cayennes, even if it means offering separate classes and even if that means decreasing track time for the "old pros" a bit on any given weekend. After all, most of those "old pros" have other opportunities to hone their skills, while many of those Cayenne drivers do not. Otherwise, PCA should make an honest policy decision and just tell the Cayenne-only owners up front that they are second-class citizens. IMHO, the best way to grow new enthusiasts is to teach these folks what a Cayenne can and cannot do on the track, then give them a ride in a real track car. I think this still boils down to the division between the "tow it to the track" vs. "drive it to the track" contingents, and which of those groups the PCA events are intended to serve - and that decision is WAY above my pay grade.

As for Jay's original question, I have occasional access to a couple of private tracks with my buddy who just loves AX and Boxsters. He has a couple of both the "drive to the track" and "tow to the track" varieties. Depending on how the AX course is set, I can stay within a second or so of his semi-stock Boxster S times (his fully prepped cars are a different story) with my completely stock CTT-PK. On the road courses, he has trouble keeping up, and it is NOT because I am the superior driver. If I only had a manual tranny or an ECU without a built-in "hesitation safety feature"...
Old 10-20-2007, 04:00 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yea - he has a way of doing that...

Old 10-20-2007, 04:01 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JFScheck
Yea - he has a way of doing that...

"LTC" that is...
Old 10-21-2007, 01:39 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sigs
I'll make up for not joining in earlier by posting a diatribe. Sorry. We've had this discourse before, and I have since converted to Lewis's point of view - to an extent. ...
I would really appreciate it if everyone in this forum would STOP agreeing with me......it takes away my only reason for being here.

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 12:07 PM
sigs
Racer

At ease, Lewis, your role is safe. I must not have made myself clear. I still don't necesarily agree with you, I'm simply yielding to what appears to be majority opinion.

I'll go tilt at other windmills, now.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
I would really appreciate it if everyone in this forum would STOP agreeing with me......it takes away my only reason for being here.

Thanks.
I don't know about you, but I wish I could get my wife to agree with me that easy!

Quick Reply: Cayenne @ NHIS