Sponsored by:

Ken Rockwell & his CTTs

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 08:46 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Most of his publishings smack of a dressed-up blog.

:yawn:
Old 10-24-2007, 07:31 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
The only thing I would ever install in a Cayenne would hvae a timer and would be ticking......and delivered to Peter the Great in Atlanta
What's the part number?
Old 10-24-2007, 02:20 PM
dp35
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a former 996 owner that's considering buying a used Cayenne, I dare to say - I ENJOYED ROCKWELL'S REVIEW. Flame away!

I realized in the 1st few paragraphs that I'd have to filter out some nonsense. But that's true for every car mag article I read, and none of them provide this level of detail.

I also enjoyed this rant: "this isn't used for commuting and doesn't alter our climate like the hundreds of thousands of new Toyota Camrys and Priuses bought every year to polute our skies and roads. I've always used my bicycle to commute to every office job I've ever had. Priuses are changing our climate, not Porsches, and Porsches aren't chock full of dangerous batteries to leach out in tomorrow's junkyards."

I wish that every Cayenne owner would write such a detailed review. I'd gladly filter out the bias, egos, and other BS to find the hidden gems of information. Kinda like this forum!
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dp35
I also enjoyed this rant: "this isn't used for commuting and doesn't alter our climate like the hundreds of thousands of new Toyota Camrys and Priuses bought every year to polute our skies and roads. I've always used my bicycle to commute to every office job I've ever had. Priuses are changing our climate, not Porsches, and Porsches aren't chock full of dangerous batteries to leach out in tomorrow's junkyards."!
When was the last time you had a CT scan?

Chock full of dangerous batteries? We'll ignore the Cayenne hybrid and the Panamera hybrid and the practical demonstration of a hybrid at the turn of the century by Dr Porsche.
We'll ignore the impact of a lead acid battery compared to a NiMh battery too
We'll ignore the percentage of a Ford Escape Hybrid that is recycled/recycleable/reclaimed.

As I said at the beginning of this post, pure poseur.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:15 PM
imwoblin
2nd Gear

"As if it's not obvious, the Porsche 911 is the same car as the beetle, except with six instead of four flat air-cooled cylinders. It beats me why balding middle-age men get all excited about the 911; 911s are simply longer Beetles"

This guy is a genius!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
2thfixr
Instructor

Interesting, I was expecting better photos from the Nikon guru.

Quick Reply: Ken Rockwell & his CTTs