Lipstick ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry FYI

It's probably not a good idea to call your Cayenne a pig. It might get very upset with you and hit you back with a "CHECK ENGINE" light. 3k miles remaining. Let the countdown begin ....
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
It's probably not a good idea to call your Cayenne a pig. It might get very upset with you and hit you back with a "CHECK ENGINE" light. 3k miles remaining. Let the countdown begin ....
My Cayenne never had that problem.
BTW, they are programmed to store/display codes as they approach the limit of nakedness...a PAG marketing requirement in order to increase new vehicle sales and increase low cost CPO inventory .....never mind, I didn't say that, it was Larry again.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Of course PCNA will claim that the non OEM wheels are the cause of the CEL and deny warranty claim coverage.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:51 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRADE engimawmn TRADE... let's start a cheer... TRADE.. send it to Russia and get the total Blacked out 06 Tit.S (with CPO) or an 08 GTS the way you want it!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MadFox
TRADE engimawmn TRADE... let's start a cheer... TRADE.. send it to Russia and get the total Blacked out 06 Tit.S (with CPO) or an 08 GTS the way you want it!
I'm not down with Tit.S ... at all! I got to drive it as a loaner last month. Beautiful red Tit.S ... but after a day of driving, those duotone seats made me mental

I'm going to think pretty, positive thoughts and concentrate on dealership diagnosing & fixing the friggin' thing before the warranty is out. And then drive it til the redesign is out. Someone, quickly, call me naive :-D
Old 10-04-2007, 10:00 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Of course PCNA will claim that the non OEM wheels are the cause of the CEL and deny warranty claim coverage.
They did tell me in the past that Gemballa pedals were causing hesitation.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:41 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I'm going to think pretty, positive thoughts and concentrate on dealership diagnosing & fixing the friggin' thing before the warranty is out. And then drive it til the redesign is out. Someone, quickly, call me naive :-D
Redesigned (post facelift) Cayenne......your existing (naked) Cayenne won't make it that pleasant, you've got a while to wait I'm afraid.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:44 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not down with Tit.S ... at all! I got to drive it as a loaner last month. Beautiful red Tit.S ... but after a day of driving, those duotone seats made me mental

+

I think you need to suck it up and go deal with Lana at Roslyn, if your still having issues. If Lana is such an issue, you can work with Joe. Let me know and will send along his email address via PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

im at roslyn as I type. Was told it came back wit MOT valve and I would not see this again as this is something that rarely pops up. Left, drove to a nearby gas stattion and the car wouldn't start, dying noise, heavy brake pedal. Long story short, theyre replacing something and I get a feeling they don't know ****. More details latery, battery about to go.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

So why exactly are you doing this to yourself?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:26 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

im at roslyn as I type.
God...so many problems with your '05.

One solution would be to trade it for the slate 993 TT they have there.
Old 10-05-2007, 02:01 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
So why exactly are you doing this to yourself?
Pick one you like:

I love visiting various Porsche service departments. My goal is to go through every single one on the east coast.

I'm a masochist.

I could never get tired of hearing things like, "Are you sure this isn't the exhaust?" (c) Luciano (not Pavarotti) from Porsche of Roslyn, few hours ago.

But in all seriousness, I love the car & think that I'll work out all of the major crap before 50k hits, with some of it already out of the way

P.S. My paperwork will be mailed to me, but mot valve (is it the same thing as the purge valve?) was replaced.

Last edited by EnigmaWmn; 10-05-2007 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:13 PM
ABC
Track Day

good luck with the repairs. have you thought about getting a 06 ctt?

btw, your new rims look nice.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:14 AM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

im at roslyn as I type. Was told it came back wit MOT valve and I would not see this again as this is something that rarely pops up. Left, drove to a nearby gas stattion and the car wouldn't start, dying noise, heavy brake pedal. Long story short, theyre replacing something and I get a feeling they don't know ****. More details latery, battery about to go.
I've been there with Porsche, however it was in a 996.

Well, I am surprised. Sorry, they have been good for me, after all the others didn't have a clue. Are you dealing with Joe or Lana.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by yetis
I've been there with Porsche, however it was in a 996.

Well, I am surprised. Sorry, they have been good for me, after all the others didn't have a clue. Are you dealing with Joe or Lana.
I had my husband call and make the appointment (thinking she'll pick up the phone) and he ended up speaking with Luciano (whom I then dealt with). Lana is actually a sweetheart, but that don't really help when it comes to fixing the friggin' thing.

Btw, I got home and they faxed me the invoice. The same part that gave me CEL & was replaced back in June was replaced on Friday.

I can't stop playing with the iPhone camera. I think at times it gives excellent results:

Quick Reply: Lipstick ...