Larry's back from the dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by STATMAN
I'll bet 'ol Sam is beginning to wonder what in the hell he get himself into. Long live Larry(!!!)
OK , I get it...I need to do this...

NOW! can someone tell me who is Larry, I promise not to tell anyone

Sam
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts

Just go back to the archives of the Cayenne forum circa 2004 and do a search for "!" or "maglight and duct tape" and grab some popcorn...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Sorry Sam its illegal to talk ill of the dead on the board

ditto skl's words

Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skl
Just go back to the archives of the Cayenne forum circa 2004 and do a search for "!" or "maglight and duct tape" and grab some popcorn...

I am glad everybody is enjoying my quest to know Larry, alright! can you tell me how to search the archives
Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 PM
N51
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
I am glad everybody is enjoying my quest to know Larry, alright! can you tell me how to search the archives
With a flashlight, hammer, and stake. Do you like garlic? That would help.

Noah
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
When my family sent me to the "vacation villa" (you would call it a mental hospital) and I spent my days/nights tied down to the bed with my "special pajamas with the footies, flap in the back and arms that wrap around the back" (you would call it a straight jacket), I would type on a laptop with a #2 pencil in my mouth in order to participate in the forum. At that time, I answered to the name "Larry".
I also recall being haunted by a Cayenne that would be continually parked outside my window, illuminated at night by a "!" on the dashboard.....although my family insists that I never in fact owned a Cayenne and was not stalked by a Cayenne.

Anything else you'd like to know?
Sam,
The above IS the true story of Larry.......
Old 09-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

....Sam,
...........The above IS the true story of Larry.......

So...you used to be Larry who is no longer with us...and although you never owned a Cayenne, you answer well to all Cayenne questions...now I am getting really confused...and what is that sensation of darkness I feel when "people" talk about Larry...I think it's time for a shot of Black Label on ice...
Old 09-28-2007, 04:48 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

I think its helps to understand that Beta owners were, for the most part driven insane buy the spoutings of PCNA and PAG. Some of us survived (not quite in tact) some were lost along the way. Sadly Larry was one such owner who eventually had to be locked away for his own good, and passed away because the state enforced gag was to tight, or at least went over to the other side (Ford).

His tombstone simplies carries the symbol of his torture

!

We miss him, but he does haunt us from time to time.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mudman2
I think its helps to understand that Beta owners were, for the most part driven insane buy the spoutings of PCNA and PAG. Some of us survived (not quite in tact) some were lost along the way. Sadly Larry was one such owner who eventually had to be locked away for his own good, and passed away because the state enforced gag was to tight, or at least went over to the other side (Ford).

!

OK... now I understand...I am not sure if it was the detailed explanation of yours or the bottle of BL...
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
...and what is that sensation of darkness I feel when "people" talk about Larry...I think it's time for a shot of Black Label on ice...
Those "people" are the ones who are completely devoid of a sense of internet forum humor and take themselves and their Toua....sorry, Cayenne FAR too seriously. The irony is that inside PAG, they are still laughing all the way to the bank, although they don't make deposits quite as often, as Cayenne sales are off....hey, you can only get milk from a cow for just so long.

Those "people" are such tight a$$e$ that they can squeeze a buffalo nickel with their a$$ and get the buffalo to $h!t.

I'm sure some of the forum old timers can remember who came up with "Larry"....my memory is a bit off, most likely due to lingering effects of the initial electroshock therapy (which didn't really work out the way everyone had hoped).
Old 09-28-2007, 10:41 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2

!

How come no one talked this nicely about Larry at the wake?
Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

The next kart race is about a 7-8 hour tow next weekend, so I will report back whether the owner of the black Cayenne S mentioned at the beginning of the thread has found a cure to the "!"......or if it's still daytime running only.

Actually, things have improved since the original days of Maglite, racer's tape and D cell batteries.
I went to Wally World (actually it was a SUPER Wally World) out in Colorado and bought an LED Maglite.......MUCH better front fender to road visibility.

If I had only had those back in the old days.....I might never have taken them off....quick 12V hardwire kit, who needs vehicle lighting?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,288 Posts

See now I would have used the flashlights that are self powering with back and forth motion if my 04 had ! issues but it tows like a dream and better than my 08 avalanche with 6.0l motor
Old 10-05-2007, 11:54 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I'm sure some of the forum old timers can remember who came up with "Larry"....my memory is a bit off, most likely due to lingering effects of the initial electroshock therapy (which didn't really work out the way everyone had hoped).
Sam, the complete story of Larry can be digested (with a bit of indigestion) by reading the following thread...

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...ighlight=larry
Old 10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

BTW, in re-reading that old thread I noticed that the subsequent post by schvetkaaks after realizing his error in calling Lewis "Larry" was then: "I meant Lewis - sorry, Larry."

That's classic. He remembered LTC was actually Lewis, but then once again directed the apology to Larry. That was what really brought Larry to life for me.

Quick Reply: Larry's back from the dead