Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam CS 05
Thanks Toby,
I am familiar with BT pairing, so as I understand this Bury device is then capable of being hard wired to the CDR23 unit via the installed Porsche phone option, now, will the dealer connect the two units? you'd also mentioned something about dealer programming the process...? since most of the times they just don't know much, can you refer me to the dealer that installed for you so I can use them as reference if needed,
you have been a great help,
I appreciate your time,
Sam
Sam, since you now have found your long lost buddy after years of being BT-less.. let me suggest, you invest the 20 bucks or so to join Rennlist.. in doing so you get some more functionality.. one of those being private messaging. Plus, you get to add some really cool pics on the top thread where new members post a pic of themselves and the beast... while most of the males here make it beast times two.. some of our female forum members are .... hmmmm.. let's just say they look "much mo' better"
Old 08-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Welcome to Rennlist, Sam. We've been chatting over at RF for a while now, glad you made it over here.
Thank you EnigmaWmn, I have been posting @ RF for couple of years and this forum seems like the grown up version ,with lots more energy from participants,
glad to be here,

Sam
Old 08-25-2007, 09:33 AM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MadFox
Sam, since you now have found your long lost buddy after years of being BT-less.. let me suggest, you invest the 20 bucks or so to join Rennlist.. in doing so you get some more functionality.. one of those being private messaging. Plus, you get to add some really cool pics on the top thread where new members post a pic of themselves and the beast... while most of the males here make it beast times two.. some of our female forum members are .... hmmmm.. let's just say they look "much mo' better"
sure! how is it done?

Sam
Old 08-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks Toby,
I am familiar with BT pairing, so as I understand this Bury device is then capable of being hard wired to the CDR23 unit via the installed Porsche phone option, now, will the dealer connect the two units? you'd also mentioned something about dealer programming the process...? since most of the times they just don't know much, can you refer me to the dealer that installed for you so I can use them as reference if needed,
you have been a great help,
I appreciate your time,
Sam

Sam,

If you actually did order your car with the prep kit, all you should need to do is mount the BT device into the cradle and voila! up and running. There should be no additional programming required. Dealer that did my work was ParkPlace here in Dallas - but be forewarned..... they call me when they have these kinds of questions as PCNA gives them a big raspberry whenever they ask about Porsche phones and Bluetooth.

BTW, check out the Membership link at the top of the forum page. You can join Rennlist there. It's the best $20-30 investment you can make.

Toby
Old 08-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Sam,

If you actually did order your car with the prep kit, all you should need to do is mount the BT device into the cradle and voila! up and running. There should be no additional programming required. Dealer that did my work was ParkPlace here in Dallas - but be forewarned..... they call me when they have these kinds of questions as PCNA gives them a big raspberry whenever they ask about Porsche phones and Bluetooth.

BTW, check out the Membership link at the top of the forum page. You can join Rennlist there. It's the best $20-30 investment you can make.

Toby
OK! so how exactly is the Bury BT cradle wired to the Cayenne system? I mean I want to use the car's microphone & passenger speaker during a call,
thanks,
Sam
Old 08-26-2007, 10:18 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

OK! so how exactly is the Bury BT cradle wired to the Cayenne system? I mean I want to use the car's microphone & passenger speaker during a call,
thanks,
Sam
Last reply if you don't join Rennlist (sorry, but you really should join).....

The control module for the phone prep kit is wired into the MOST fiber-optic ring in your car. The sequence is head-unit, CD Changer, Bose amp, phone prep main electronics module, head-unit. The key here is that your phone prep unit has a main electronics interface that provides an interface into the MOST ring. If that presence is not available, you will not get the expected results. Suffice it to say, the phone electronics unit provides the necessary interface, in the proper sequence, to the head unit - the controller of the universe (as far as MOST is concerned). The microphone participates in the sequence because it is wired to the phone prep kit electronics.

If you really want to understand how this works, you need to butter up to ltc - he wrote the interface code for the Bose part of this system. All said, if you simply buy the Bury adaper, you will be in *bidness*.

Toby
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

sure! how is it done? Sam
On left of menu is Home Page and Membership area.. there is a section that shows how to join. You'll appreciate the extra features and access to some subscriber only areas. Let us know what the final resolution is on the solution and if it works!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
Last reply if you don't join Rennlist (sorry, but you really should join).....

The control module for the phone prep kit is wired into the MOST fiber-optic ring in your car. The sequence is head-unit, CD Changer, Bose amp, phone prep main electronics module, head-unit. The key here is that your phone prep unit has a main electronics interface that provides an interface into the MOST ring. If that presence is not available, you will not get the expected results. Suffice it to say, the phone electronics unit provides the necessary interface, in the proper sequence, to the head unit - the controller of the universe (as far as MOST is concerned). The microphone participates in the sequence because it is wired to the phone prep kit electronics.

If you really want to understand how this works, you need to butter up to ltc - he wrote the interface code for the Bose part of this system. All said, if you simply buy the Bury adaper, you will be in *bidness*.

Toby
Well... now that I am an official addict of this group maybe I can ask itc to join us and shed some more light to the issue, I am planning to call the Porsche dealer to see if they know about the phone prep kit installation,
thank you Toby, you have been very patient with my questions,
regards,
Sam
Old 08-27-2007, 11:56 PM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

ok, I'm lost. I have an Iphone and a brand spankin new Cayenne S 08 model with a nice little phone number pad and a place to hold the SIM card undeneath it, but I did not pay the extra 900 bucks for the 666 phone option. (I did this on my 911 and it only gets Tmobil well down here in Austin). So , if I buy this cradle, then what? I have a phone that works through the mic in the roof and the PCM? Or is there other magic as I think you are referring to?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SKYSTAK
ok, I'm lost. I have an Iphone and a brand spankin new Cayenne S 08 model with a nice little phone number pad and a place to hold the SIM card undeneath it, but I did not pay the extra 900 bucks for the 666 phone option. (I did this on my 911 and it only gets Tmobil well down here in Austin). So , if I buy this cradle, then what? I have a phone that works through the mic in the roof and the PCM? Or is there other magic as I think you are referring to?
You got NOTHING with regards to a car cell phone through PCM... all PCM Cayennes have the same configuration (i.e. even my 06 has the SIM card slot and phone on/off hook buttons).. and you don't even want to know what it costs to retrofit the phone in this particular set-up.. thus the threads on Dension and NavTv Bluetooth, etc. But, both have bugs and only real studs have done much of this.. sorry, but if you find out differently please let me know.. I want the iPod and Bluetooth BADLY, too!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:53 AM
SKYSTAK
Instructor

Thanks madfox. seams to me that now that iphone is ALSO an ipod, that i just put it in a cradle and be hands free using pcm and the mic already installed. obviously NOT! I read the Denison 500 ICE stuff and it seams too complex, have to find a way to leave the ipod attached, non-techie can't install it, doesn't make sense. I would think there is some FM modulated cradle that does all this. But us porsche sicko's have to have it all integrated...

Quick Reply: phone prep kit option CS 2005 ???