Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
oh, Mad Fox, there will be no 3rd party warranty here.
Brave...
If things start to go wrong in a big way once I am naked, my CS will be shown the door faster than one of Nexus's ex-wives
Excellent.....
-- and then I will get me a new one.
WRONG ANSWER.
WTF are you thinking? IF, due to brain injury, you actually do want another pig, the time to do so is BEFORE you're naked, not with a naked broken pig.....they depreciate bad enough, don't help things along.
I do get to drive my 993 while she's being fixed, which would be a nice bonus but for the rain we are having at the moment here in the north east.
In the rain? Could NEVER bring myself to do that.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:22 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pork ... it's an addiction.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn

Pork ... it's an addiction.
Yes, and we all know the Cayenne is NOT Kosher.....
Old 11-15-2007, 09:30 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Yes, and we all know the Cayenne is NOT Kosher.....
Old 11-15-2007, 09:48 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
In the rain? Could NEVER bring myself to do that.
This is what has me most upset with the Cayenne-- having to drive the 993 in the rain and two 500 mile round trips this week. (I've blown my allotted garage queen mileage for the year! LOL)

LTC-- Assuming one needs an SUV for practical reasons, and assuming further that performance is important, what else is there? I see 4 options.

1. X5-- Had one, and Caynenne blows it away in terms of performance and reliability.

2. Range Rover Sport-- Terrible reliability record ans a variety of other short falls.

3. Q45-- Fugly!

4. Cayenne--

I love how my CS drives. Mine has also been very reliable (so far). But even assuming all of the warts you describe, isn't it still the best option given the choices in this catagory.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:51 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I resemble that remark.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:58 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

This is what has me most upset with the Cayenne-- having to drive the 993 in the rain and two 500 mile round trips this week. (I've blown my allotted garage queen mileage for the year! LOL)
Stop it, you're breaking my heart......

LTC-- Assuming one needs an SUV for practical reasons, and assuming further that performance is important, what else is there? I see 4 options.

1. X5-- Had one, and Caynenne blows it away in terms of performance and reliability.
2. Range Rover Sport-- Terrible reliability record ans a variety of other short falls.
3. Q45-- Fugly!
4. Cayenne--
I would suggest option #5.
Ford Escape Hybrid
or Option #6
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
or Option #7
Touareg TDI

All have very good mileage, sufficient amenities, cargo/passenger room, and even a tax credit or two.

You have a 993C2S (perhaps the most beautiful 911 ever designed).....it has heritage, performance......you don't need performance in your daily driver/SUV.

I love how my CS drives. Mine has also been very reliable (so far). But even assuming all of the warts you describe, isn't it still the best option given the choices in this catagory.
The Cayenne is a compromise. A compromise in design, function, quality......as are all compromises by their very nature.......

Once you convince yourself that you don't have to compromise (see above logic regarding 993C2S and a practical daily driver), everything becomes easier.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:04 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc

You have a 993C2S (perhaps the most beautiful 911 ever designed).....it has heritage, performance......you don't need performance in your daily driver/SUV.

Thanks for the compliment on C2S, but I do need something that performs on a daily basis. I drive about 20,000 miles a year from Boston to CT/NY metro area. Doing that ride in an Escape would kill me. Cayenne is great on the highway and when people see you coming in the left lane they move right over. And, as a daily driver into Boston it is great too. (Obviously,gas mileage is a whole other issue). And, I need something which is fantastic in the snow-- which the Cayenne is.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Well then, you had answered your own question.....another pig it is.
However, you may want to consider trading the pig in before it/you are 'naked'....I'm assuming you will trade it rather than try and sell it private party.

Happy Trails.....
Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
JRCTT
Instructor

3. Q45-- Fugly!

4. Cayenne--

ltc will just never see things this way...it is a mute point.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:37 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Some on the forum wish he was "mute"! Calling him Larry or ltc is moot!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by JRCTT
Wow.....
Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,123 Likes on 1,275 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Stop it, you're breaking my heart......

I would suggest option #5.
Ford Escape Hybrid
or Option #6
Toyota Highlander Hybrid
or Option #7
Touareg TDI

All have very good mileage, sufficient amenities, cargo/passenger room, and even a tax credit or two.

The Cayenne is a compromise. A compromise in design, function, quality......as are all compromises by their very nature.......

Once you convince yourself that you don't have to compromise (see above logic regarding 993C2S and a practical daily driver), everything becomes easier.
WOW.

Have you driven the Ford or Toyota? Talk about compromise. Prefer my Avalanche over both and it is a boat. I don't use my CT as a DD I have the AV for that. I would prefer to drive the CT instead but it is not intimidating enough to maneuver through Lincoln tunnel traffic every morning.

Compromise maybe but I look at it more like well rounded, (not pig like). It really covers my driving needs in the winter when I use it the most. Great to go skiing with, carries everything I need can carve up the winding roads and go off road and over snow banks with ease. Although I do agree the Treg TDI is a great alternative it still does not handle and feel like the CT.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:38 AM
alsamrob
Instructor

Originally Posted by ltc
Maybe if you're lucky, EW will post a pic of herself in a grass hula skirt.....then you will have it all.
That'll definitely happen. Once you post your photo, muahaha!
Enough already, ltc post the photo. I'll send the grass hula skirt.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:41 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by alsamrob
Enough already, ltc post the photo. I'll send the grass hula skirt.
There are no public photographs of me, sorry.

However, forum member 'Shamus' did come face to face once on a Delta flight to Florida (I'm pretty sure he hasn't been the same since)
Perhaps you could ask him to get a police sketch artist.....would an artists rendering do?

Quick Reply: OT: So, anyone nekkid yet?