Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shopping for Cayenne Extended Warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 PM
leek
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be in the minority here but I think that Insurance is for catastropic loss. If you can afford an $80,000 to $110,000 car I would assume that you can pay for three or four thousand dollars of repair bills? I am sure PAG is not losing money on these policies? What am I missing? I ordered an 08 CTT several months ago. It will probably be a 100,000 mile plus car for me and I plan on having it for at least 10 years, if it breaks I will pay to have it fixed. I just don't believe in extended warrantees I guess...
Old 05-31-2007, 09:10 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ever priced a Cayenne transmission or air struts. You can eat 20K in a hurry
Old 05-31-2007, 11:54 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mudman2
Great deal John congrats, as for you Alan I could just kick you in the **** hahahaaha
mudman2.. Mikey.. .hey, that would hurt...just go kick leek in the ****!?

leek - hi there buddy.. you need to read the alpha/beta threads and mudman2 made the obvious point.. but I work hard for my money and can afford a very expensive car (and other manly toys) but I also think an ext. warranty is a WISE investment in a Cayenne. I will say with almost certainty that my ext. warranty will absolutely pay for itself in the next 7 years... PERIOD. Why should I spend 5, 10, 15, or 20 thousand in year 4-7 when I can cover it for less than $4 grand now? The tire/rim coverage, only one major parts failure, rental, and towing are more than $4 grand.

p.s. a/c solonoids? cardan shaft? PASM failure... that's just a start!
Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Sharptt
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by leek
I may be in the minority here but I think that Insurance is for catastropic loss. If you can afford an $80,000 to $110,000 car I would assume that you can pay for three or four thousand dollars of repair bills? I am sure PAG is not losing money on these policies? What am I missing? I ordered an 08 CTT several months ago. It will probably be a 100,000 mile plus car for me and I plan on having it for at least 10 years, if it breaks I will pay to have it fixed. I just don't believe in extended warrantees I guess...
Sure we probably could afford to pay thousands to repair our cars but part of the problem is the aggravation. Considering how easy it is to drop 10K or more at the Porsche dealer fixing an engine or transmission, I think extended insurance is a good idea from a financial point of view. I was thinking of trading in my 2004 CTT when the warranty expires but now I may go the extended warranty route instead. The car looks and drives like new so if I can get the extended warranty I'll probably drive it another few years and sleep better at night.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sharptt, that was my rational, I did not want the unexpected hassle of a dealer blackmail letter. Mine covers everything including the PCM which was one $3K worry I had (touching wood) and is actually better than the CPO, albeit untested, I also found an insurance company that gets a decent rap (they are not in the state of Hawaii, haha). Maybe it will payoff in the long term maybe not but i can sleep at night.

Sorry Alan
Old 06-01-2007, 03:41 PM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Cayenne S has every option except for the "Dual Turbos" and "Painted Rims"....

Wood trim pops off, problem with the tow module, air suspension, lamps, Bose/Nav, seats, prox sensors, tpms, engine, tranny, etc., etc., etc.

Just like "SharpTT" - My Cayene too still looks brand new and drives great (ok - my 19's are not painted in the "Tit" schema) but everything else is just as great...

I have no payments - why not spend 4k and keep driving it with an extended warranty - thus I'm not naked. I feel pretty sure I will have at least two repairs that will exceed that 4k or one repair and when if I resell it the warranty transfers to the new owner so they are not naked...

Just makes good "cents" to me - and I would like to think it is decesions like this that will allow me to maintain my current lifestyle...

Old 06-01-2007, 04:19 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

hey John ,

Might be too late but i know a guy who is a dealer and wholesaler. he sells X warranty from Mercury Ins
and cheap name is Kevin, from Carsmith Motors here in the Bay Area call him at 5107733076

Quick Reply: Shopping for Cayenne Extended Warranty...