Cayenne V1 Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Cayenne V1 Installation

There have been DIY threads for hardwire V1 installation in a CS and after conducting several searchs for this I can't seem to locate the thread illustrating the installation.

Does anyone have this thread bookmarked?

TIA
Old 05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
MomentumGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig, I just sent you a PM.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Don, got it. Thanks for your help...
Old 05-01-2007, 11:11 PM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don, would you please send me the link as well. I remember seeing a posting showing how to tie into the power in the overhead console. Thank you for your consideration.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 AM
MomentumGuy
Instructor

Not sure if it's kosher to post links another board here but it's in the member's section of Renntech:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7244

PM me if you have any problems.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MomentumGuy
Not sure if it's kosher to post links another board here but it's in the member's section of Renntech:

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7244

PM me if you have any problems.

Thanks for the link.

I'm not sure of "policy" on links. I think so long as it's in the context of contributing an answer, it's all well and good.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Cay-ute
Addict
Rennlist Member

Don, thank you for sharing the link. This looks pretty staightforward. Cheers.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:44 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the txt, the photos really do help I do not have them

The following procedure was used to hard wire a Valentine 1 detector into my 2006 Cayenne using the Homelink as the power source.

Hardware:

T-20 Torx head screwdriver (magnetic recommended)
T-25 Torx head screwdriver
Needlenose Pliers
Flat Blade Screwdriver
Pocket Knife
Electrical Tape
Hardwire kit from V1
Multimeter (recommended)

Procedure

Remove roof console
Start by removing the two screws behind the sunglass holder with the T-20 Torx screwdriver:

Next, remove the lens over the lights on the front of the console (I was able to pry this out with my fingernails, if you are not so equipped, I recommend a flat blade screwdriver wrapped in electrical tape) There are two more T-20 screws that need to be removed:

Locate and tap into the Homelink power source
There are three wires leading into the Homelink module – two red wires and one brown wire. At this point it is recommended to test these wires with a voltmeter/multimeter to make sure you are about to tap into the correct wire.

Using a pocket knife (scissors on a Swiss Army knife works best), remove the tape holding the wires together so you can get enough room for the V1 wiring harness connector:

Position the V1 wiring harness connector around the selected wire and squeeze closed using the needlenose pliers.

Wire power adapter
Plug the red wire from the power adapter (with the RJ-11 phone jack) into the harness connector.

Next, using a T-25 screwdriver, loosen the screw holding the sunroof module to the frame enough to get the blades from the black wire of the power adapter under the screw head. Re-tighten the screw to ground the power adapter. If this is not available, you will need to test for a suitable ground screw using a voltmeter/multimeter.

Plug in and test
Plug the provided phone cord into the power adapter, and feed the other end of the cable through the space between the headliner and the windshield. Be sure to feed enough cord to reach your chosen detector location.

Plug in the detector and turn the ignition key to “on.” If the detector is on, it should go through the power-up test. Turning the key off with the detector powered on should turn off the detector.

Completing installation
After successfully testing the detector operation, attach the power adapter to the vehicle using the Velcro/adhesive on the adapter and placing any extra cord under the headliner, out of the way.

Put the roof console back, but do not replace the screws until one last test of all the switches and detector operation has been performed. Once everything has been checked, replace the T-20 screws and the lens over the console lights.

Here is the finished installation:

--------------------

-MomentumGuy

You should also join renntech for access to TSB's online, all for a nominal fee.

Quick Reply: Cayenne V1 Installation