Decision made: Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 08:28 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Decision made: Cayenne Turbo

Hi,

Thanks everyone for the sage advice. After a lot of searching (both physical and soul) we opted to go for a Cayenne Turbo. This is a huge leap for us since we were looking at a V6 with manual. What finally steered me into the Turbo was it's extensive list of standard options as well as the power. The Tiptronic was more fun than I thought and since we bought, I can sell if it becomes too much of an issue.

We bought an '06 CPO with ALL the bells and whistles (back-up camera, panoramic roof, 20" factory rims, etc...). The best part of the deal to me is that it's an '06 (15k miles) with the remainder of the factory warranty plus the CPO. Basically it's new car condition with a 100,000 mile warranty. I'm a bit nutty (isn't that a p-car requirement?) about taking care of my vehicles, and apparently so was the previous owner.

We got the car for $78k after some negotiating. Before everyone starts saying that we could have gotten a better price they need to know that I have done tons of homework and this car was the exact color/interior/options that constituted a dream car to us. The only thing that could have been better would have been a manual tranny.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:41 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet ride ! good luck with it
Old 04-23-2007, 11:08 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was this the one at Roslyn? Nice car!
Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great car! Good luck with it!
Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 AM
Beezr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice, very nice. Congrats.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:24 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Thanks everyone. Yes Chris it was the one from Roslyn. We bought our 997 there as well. The sales staff was very nice and the service manager is a highly respected Porsche mechanic.

-Mike
Old 04-24-2007, 07:56 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Very nice. Sure, you could have worked a little bit better deal but in the end you got EXACTLY what you want and in the end that is what is most important.....or is it the CPO warranty?

Congrats!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:07 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Hi,

Thanks everyone for the sage advice. After a lot of searching (both physical and soul) we opted to go for a Cayenne Turbo. This is a huge leap for us since we were looking at a V6 with manual. What finally steered me into the Turbo was it's extensive list of standard options as well as the power. The Tiptronic was more fun than I thought and since we bought, I can sell if it becomes too much of an issue.

We bought an '06 CPO with ALL the bells and whistles (back-up camera, panoramic roof, 20" factory rims, etc...). The best part of the deal to me is that it's an '06 (15k miles) with the remainder of the factory warranty plus the CPO. Basically it's new car condition with a 100,000 mile warranty. I'm a bit nutty (isn't that a p-car requirement?) about taking care of my vehicles, and apparently so was the previous owner.

We got the car for $78k after some negotiating. Before everyone starts saying that we could have gotten a better price they need to know that I have done tons of homework and this car was the exact color/interior/options that constituted a dream car to us. The only thing that could have been better would have been a manual tranny.

Nicely done. Pano and camera. What's the rest of the option list? I presume Nav and hitch, plus those techno's.

I'm considering an '05 or '06 Turbo in Titanium. Camera is a big deal for my wife. Black cabin with sports seats is a bigger deal for me. Techno's would be nice. I found one, but it has an after-market body kit that doesn't work for me -- I need the car to have long legs off-road, not scraping plastic.

What else did you find? In your research, what did you learn?

I think an '06 in the mid $70's is right on the money and a couple of bucks for a CPO and warranty out to $100K is essential -- anything goes wrong with these cars and they'll eat you out of house and home. Imagine that Pano roof deciding to give you trouble! Aargh! : )

Cheers,
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Imagine that Pano roof deciding to give you trouble! Aargh! : )
Cheers,
The Pano roofs have already given them trouble, hence the reason they were pulled from builds a while back until seals could be redesigned.
Expect them to be about the same as 993/996 Targa roof mechanisms.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey Mike,

Congrats on CTT. Now we need to see a group picture with your 997.
Old 04-24-2007, 04:08 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
Hey Mike,

Congrats on CTT. Now we need to see a group picture with your 997.
yeah... and put it in the admin thread at the top of the forum..
Old 04-24-2007, 04:26 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Thanks everyone. Roger that on the picture. Pick-up date is next week, so until then the dealer pic above will have to do.

Quick Reply: Decision made: Cayenne Turbo