Sponsored by:

I feel like T-Rex

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007 | 02:38 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

The true test of the "upness" of the newfound Cayenne reliability will be seeing how many people chose to go naked postr 50K with MY05+.
Old 04-24-2007 | 04:00 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
The true test of the "upness" of the newfound Cayenne reliability will be seeing how many people chose to go naked postr 50K with MY05+.
Agree. But, honestly, we now keep our "daily" drivers through 100K miles.. and for the price of an ext. warranty vs. Porsche repair costs on major components (even have it for our Acura MDX), I can't see anyone not buying a solid... underline... solid ext. warranty from their dealer... underline.. dealer...

where is Jack Lord and his theme music when you need him... I just got an email from the Hawaii liquidator... sort of backing up.. saying that it still hasn't been decided whether Hawaii or the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Denver will be handling the liquidation (Hawaii) or bankruptcy (Colorado)... FYI, for anyother 1sourceautowarranty and firstguaranteed ext. warranty owners info!
Old 04-25-2007 | 12:35 AM
droptop
Pro

Default i would agree...

that the cayenne with proper maintenance and a good build date could probably make it to 100k with a proper warranty. my issue was, and still is, where is this mythical good dealer? i took it to 3 different dealers, admittedly one was marginal, one needs to have the Carthaginian treatment but one was supposedly one of the best. not one could lay wood on the ball, even though it was (supposedly) a problem that was both fairly common and easy to fix.

the actions of PCNA on this defy belief, but that is a whole 'nuther issue.

if they can't fix them, then you are just playing roulette to see how far you can get before the first problem, warranty or no warranty.
Old 04-25-2007 | 03:16 AM
racer_65
Racer

I have an '06 without any problem after 7500 miles. I've owned several cars with dubious reliability, and have never purchased extended warranty. I don't intend to buy such warranty for the Cayenne, as these warranties seem to never cover anything when you have a problem.
Old 04-25-2007 | 11:00 AM
ChipAZ
Pro

Originally Posted by ltc
I'll make that choice before the clothes come off. Is it still making me happy? What do the new ones look like? Would I really like a 997S with all the trimmings and trade both of my P cars in?
Old 04-26-2007 | 06:12 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
I'll make that choice before the clothes come off. Is it still making me happy? What do the new ones look like? Would I really like a 997S with all the trimmings and trade both of my P cars in?
Yes and no. ON the NO side: I'm not sure that the 997 is a great daily... it is LOW for us old farts and you sure as hell can't haul much in it.. on the YES side: as a cab. it surely is a head turner and still gets most men and some women "excited"... but I'd stick with both!
Old 04-26-2007 | 10:20 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by racer_65
I have an '06 without any problem after 7500 miles. I've owned several cars with dubious reliability, and have never purchased extended warranty. I don't intend to buy such warranty for the Cayenne, as these warranties seem to never cover anything when you have a problem.
I just don't get these statements. You buy a warranty either sponsored by the Manufacturer or it IS the manufacturer. I have done this twice (one with an MDX and now with a TL) and it works flawlesly. I would never buy a NEWER vehicle that is still in the Bumper to bumper without one. NOT having purchased a NEW Porsche, I have no experience with their process, I can't imagine why they would be different? If they are, then why?

Whats not covered exactly? These are service plans, essentially insurance contracts with deductibles, etc. If it states bumper to bumper, thats like saying "All Peril" which is insurance speak for "We have to say what's NOT covered. Everything else is."
Old 04-26-2007 | 11:24 PM
ChipAZ
Pro

Originally Posted by MadFox
Yes and no. ON the NO side: I'm not sure that the 997 is a great daily... it is LOW for us old farts and you sure as hell can't haul much in it.. on the YES side: as a cab. it surely is a head turner and still gets most men and some women "excited"... but I'd stick with both!
Your right. With two people in a 997 it's like flying coach. You have to learn how to pack light. Then there is the snow factor in the winter, which the Cayenne handles with ease. So with both of them you can have your cake and eat it too. What was I thinking?
Old 04-27-2007 | 01:09 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
Your right. With two people in a 997 it's like flying coach. You have to learn how to pack light. Then there is the snow factor in the winter, which the Cayenne handles with ease. So with both of them you can have your cake and eat it too. What was I thinking?
My point exactly!!

Quick Reply: I feel like T-Rex