Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just purchased a 2006 Titanium Ed. Cayenne S!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andrew, Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like you got a great car for a great price. Drive it and enjoy it!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:47 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for the well-wishes! I can't wait to pick it up tonight!! By the way, the salesman mentioned the tires aren't winter tires- I think they are pirelli P0's (the car has the standard titanium wheels/tires, I believe 19 inch rims). Do I need to buy different tires in the winter/get another set of rims with all weather tires, or are the tires fine? I apologize for not having the exact tire type- I didn't think to look while test driving, and I don't have a brochure with the specs of the Titanium edition, but I'm almost sure they were p zeros...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

The tires you have are great for the majority of the year. Depending on winter in NJ you might want a second set of tires/wheels. That is what I did. I picked up a set of wheels and tires as "take-offs" from my local dealer out in Vegas--believe it or not, Vegas winters are very cold and it snowed EVERY year that we were there (4 years) before we moved to Carolina last summer. The winters here in North Carolina are NOTHING like I thought they would be so I will probably just sell my extra set. Haven't quite decided though but I need to make a decision at some point since the tires are completely bald now and that set is just sitting in my garage.

I would suggest 18" wheels since there are MORE choices in winter tires, they are cheaper, and the ride quality will be better.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:27 PM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

We got it- it's great! Sounds great, handles great (especially for a truck/SUV/SAV), feels quick, but I'm keeping it under 4,200 per the break in period. Not to be picky, but only minor negatives. The car has no memory function (it's an option), which I find to be obsurd at this price point, and some of the interior bits feel a little cheap, compared to our 3 and 5 series, with the 3 and 5 series interior bits feeling cheaper than the old 1998 Cadillac STS that I had, which had bits that felt cheaper than a 1980's Mercedes S class, but I digress .....

We have the heated seat/steering wheel option- why not simply put a seperate switch for the steering wheel heat instead of having it turn on and off at will? I wouldn't have got the navigation system (part of the Titanium package) as it's overly complicated, but I'm sure we'll get used to it.

Also, the little door that covers the rear center cigarette lighter (below the cup holders) was broken on delivery (after a whopping 64 miles on the car)- it won't stay shut. It reminds me of the flimsy cup holders in my 5 series- when I bought the 5 (used) I had them fixed before I picked up the car and never used them so they wouldn't break.

I can't wait until break-in is done to hear what she sounds like up a 5-6K rpm!! I love this truck! It looks great!

Last edited by andrew911; 01-25-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:38 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great looking ride; awesome color ! No question the interior has got lots of cheap bits, but the cheap bits are in the $110K Turbo S also, if that make you feel any better.

I don't have nav in my car; no way I was going to pay $3500 for that option; however, if it were free I wouldn't mind having it there, as it makes the dash look better.

I do have memory seats. It was an option I looked for during the purchase, but it turned out I rarely ever use it. Much more useful is the heated seats / heated steering wheel combo.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 AM
andrew911
Three Wheelin'

I'm sure I'll get used to the nav- just a matter of time. I was more pointing out first observations on what was wrong since there is so much right about the car....a lot of "content" / "technology" in this car/truck!

The other cayenne we looked at had brown/black interior, memory seats and no heated seats. My wife loves heated seats, and liked the grey/black interior better so we picked this one (both were the same exterior color). I never use the memory function in my car since it's stick and my wife doesn't drive it, but for her car (her prior 325 and now this) it is a pain to not have it, because on the weekends I usually drive and it makes it so much easier to have the memory when a car is being driven by two drivers. With the 325 I'd just hit the button and mirrors/seats moved right to where I like them in 10 seconds. Oh well, these are my only complaints- the car is awesome!

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 2006 Titanium Ed. Cayenne S!!