Wanted Cayenne Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 06:09 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STATMAN
You had stated that the MPG concern was solely one premised on money. I simply raised another key issue involved--especially today in 2007--that having a passing concern for MPG is not such a bad thing. For me, it is exactly that--a passing concern. Given 2 vehicles offering equivalent performance, I would choose the more environmentally friendly one. Given a far better performing vehicle versus one that has inferior performance, but is more environmentally friendly, I would in all likelihood choose the latter over the former.
Statman.. Statman.. you're a brother in Cayenne-dude-ness.. but, the above would still fit the term as "green" or "tree-hugging". Read some of those posts I've made with sanity from the other side..... you're a smart guy.. make an informed decision... i.e. look at the economics of "green" and come over to the dark side! You know you want to drive a fuel PIG for many more years to come!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
Statman.. Statman.. you're a brother in Cayenne-dude-ness.. but, the above would still fit the term as "green" or "tree-hugging". Read some of those posts I've made with sanity from the other side..... you're a smart guy.. make an informed decision... i.e. look at the economics of "green" and come over to the dark side! You know you want to drive a fuel PIG for many more years to come!
Whoops, I think I had one too many of the purple stuff

Why didn't you cut me off MadFox?!?

I edited my last sentence and then got my "latter" and "former" reversed from their intended positions.

My statment was actually that given a far better performing vehicle versus one that has inferior performance, but is more environmentally friendly, I would in all likelihood choose the FORMER over the LATTER.

To provide a real-world example, I am being convinced in some ways that a 2008 CTT may be a better option for me than a 2006 CTTS. Why? Because they have about equivalent performance, but the 2008 gets better MPG!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:22 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STATMAN
Whoops, I think I had one too many of the purple stuff Why didn't you cut me off MadFox?!?
Good bartenders let customers drink until they can't drive.. then order a taxi!

Okay, okay.. you're covering your tracks.. but I still need to convert as many as I can to the dark side on "inconvenient truths" after Melissa and Al won Oscars for bad science, bad math, being fat and both kissing their "wife" disgustingly on national TV!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:36 PM
wf758
Rennlist Member

bovine...an inconvenient truth for greenies, unless you want the world to starve. Wait...maybe they do.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

OK, you can all feel better by buying the upcoming Cayenne Hybrid.
There, problem solved.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
OK, you can all feel better by buying the upcoming Cayenne Hybrid.
There, problem solved.
That is the perfect solution...except for one thing: I can't even begin to imagine the electrical gremlins on the alpha year model of that beast.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:14 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Trust me, you don't want to know. I don't know WTF they were thinking. Makes me glad I bought the Ford Hybrid.

Quick Reply: Wanted Cayenne Turbo