Sponsored by:

Re-Mapping Highly Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Mapping Highly Recommended

Just got my baby back from service (described in earlier thread).

All went well, but I am especially pleased with the results of the DME remapping.

The car is soooo much more responsive. Acceleration is now immediate when I push it on the highway and when I power out of a turn.

I went to the dealer with the Renntech TSB in hand and they figured out which program applied based on my VIN #. (My CS is an '06, built in September of '05. The applicable TSB was issued in March of '06.)

If oyu haven't done it yet, run right down to the dealer.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the DME Control Module replaced in early November and that made a huge difference in how the car drives.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:13 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
Just got my baby back from service (described in earlier thread).

All went well, but I am especially pleased with the results of the DME remapping.

The car is soooo much more responsive. Acceleration is now immediate when I push it on the highway and when I power out of a turn.

I went to the dealer with the Renntech TSB in hand and they figured out which program applied based on my VIN #. (My CS is an '06, built in September of '05. The applicable TSB was issued in March of '06.)

If oyu haven't done it yet, run right down to the dealer.
Rome, sorry for my naivete', but could you elaborate on how the TSB improves performance?

Also, your dealer installed it with no mention of possible warranty issues?

Grazie.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:22 PM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

Another question--is the TSB specific to 2005 and 2006 builds, or does this also apply to the alpha and betas?
Old 02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
sigs
Racer

Rome, thanks very much for the report. Was this the TSB # 2470 I was thinking of?

If so, Statman, it is apparently for 2003-06.

DMD, for more info on TSBs, visit RennTech.org and join as a contributing member. Then you can view all 156 TSBs that have been issued for the Cayenne, though many do not apply to later models.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:47 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

blah blah blah 04 %$#@#$ not 06 blah blah blah
Old 02-15-2007, 09:07 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

There are different software updates depending on the year of your car. It seems the older the car, the more dramatic the benefit. If I can tell a difference in my '06, I suspect the change would be monumental to an '03 or '04 driver.

Also, the service manager explained to me that sometimes it is just helpful to have the software reset. The car has a computer that supposedly learns your driving habits and optimizes performance accordingly. This is heavily touted in the advertising materials.

But, the reality is, that the computer can become "confused", resulting in hesitation while it is thinking what it should do. I commute to work in my car (stop and go all the way into the city). But, I also drive a lot on the highway. The computer can't really "learn" what I want to do in an effective way because I am all over the place. So resetting the thing, so they say, it a big help in and of itself.

That, plus the remap, has made a nice difference (though I suspect I will pay for it in fuel economy)

For those who asked, I don't know the TSB number off hand, but it was issued in March '06 for my VIN #. There is a fuill listing on Renntech, which is easy to become a member of and well worth contributing to as a more technically oriented companion to this site.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Rome, sorry for my naivete', but could you elaborate on how the TSB improves performance?

Also, your dealer installed it with no mention of possible warranty issues?

Grazie.
DME module software program control e gas. Remapping essentailly reprograms how the computer enables you to accelerate. Power seems to be more immediate after remapping in most cars.

TSB's are periodic bulletins where the manufacturer approves certain things to be corrected free of charge because so many people complained. Renntech keeps a full list of them on an ongoiong basis. Each time you visit the dealer you should see that they do all of the updates which you are entitled to.

By the way, did I mention I am going to Miami tomorrow?!?! Anyone up for more beach pics?
Old 02-15-2007, 09:23 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Rome and Sigs, thanks for the explaination, I will check RennTech to possibly acquire the TSB.

Oh, Rome, enjoy Miami and....... I am sure the rest of the guys would not mind more pics...
Old 02-15-2007, 09:27 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Rome and Sigs, thanks for the explaination, I will check RennTech to possibly acquire the TSB.

Oh, Rome, enjoy Miami and....... I am sure the rest of the guys would not mind more pics...
I will trade you some topless beach shots for a nice of of you.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:49 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rome
I will trade you some topless beach shots for a nice of of you.
There we go again, I am sure Enigma will chime in any time now....

Better yet, just post your "attractive" beach shots and I will oblige and post a pic with my black pepper....

I am doing it for the sake of all the gentlemen of this forum (yes Ltc that includes you) who appreciate beach beauties in their "natural" state.....
Old 02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

There we go again, I am sure Enigma will chime in any time now....

Better yet, just post your "attractive" beach shots and I will oblige and post a pic with my black pepper....

I am doing it for the sake of all the gentlemen of this forum (yes Ltc that includes you) who appreciate beach beauties in their "natural" state.....
I'll probably get suspended by the moderator for this, but heck, I'm on vacation next week anyway......Well, how 'bout it?....We are waiting for you to keep your promise DMD....waiting......still waiting.....
Old 02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting ....

Nice Tit.S ... Silicone, saline or Titanium?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Waiting ....

Nice Tit.S ... Silicone, saline or Titanium?
Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Rome, I get your "point or points", yes I will post it as soon as you come back, I wouldn't want anybody to miss it....

Quick Reply: Re-Mapping Highly Recommended