Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSB's

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007 | 07:25 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Default TSB's

My '06 CS is going in for an oil change (2nd one since new). There are 32K miles on the clock.

I would be most appreciative to anyone pointing out any TSB's I should be aware of so I can get them taken care of when the car goes in this week.

I've heard that there is a software TSB (even for the '06) to reduce lag in acceleration, but beyond that I haven't heard of much for the '06.

Many thanks.
Old 02-10-2007 | 07:32 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

If only Larry were here.......

Good luck, consigliere......
Old 02-10-2007 | 07:53 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

The PCNA computer system, eDCS amongst others, (think of the Death Star....now you've got it) will automatically determine which TSB's are to be applied (and paid for by PCNA) when the VIN is entered.

Now, that is not to say that ALL the TSB's that SHOULD/CAN be applied will be listed, only the ones that PCNA feels are necessary/adequate and is willing to pay for.

You can also contribute to Loren's site www.renntech.org and get access to all kinds of info, TSB's, checklists, etc.....

Hmmn, cracked coils......PCNA really wasn't in a rush to get the word out to ALL Cayenne owners and offer 8 new coils per vehicle, were they? eGas hesitation problems? Deny, deny, deny.

Some forum members have actually had pretty good luck being proactive and telling their dealer what needs to be done and what is available........I've also heard that dropping a particular name or two tends to get things moving........something along the lines of "Oh Christ, you have been talking to him?"..........or so I've heard.
Old 02-11-2007 | 01:58 AM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

I too recommend contributing to renntech.org in addition to rennlist...
Old 02-11-2007 | 05:35 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys. Great site-- It appears that there are several TSBs for my car, including one for that "clicking" from the fuel pump that I have been complaining about.
Old 02-11-2007 | 06:33 PM
sigs
Racer

Good luck, Rome. If you get a DME remap that helps the hesitation, please post specifics. Several of us have been blown off by our dealers when asking for this remap, since it has been discussed on this and other forums. I even quoted a TSB # from Rennlist (2470, I think), and still got the "could not replicate" response.
Old 02-11-2007 | 06:35 PM
sigs
Racer

Sorry for the typo. Of course, I meant RennTech as the source of the TSBs, and all sorts of other useful info.
Old 02-11-2007 | 08:54 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sigs
Good luck, Rome. If you get a DME remap that helps the hesitation, please post specifics. Several of us have been blown off by our dealers when asking for this remap, since it has been discussed on this and other forums. I even quoted a TSB # from Rennlist (2470, I think), and still got the "could not replicate" response.
Yeah. I'm not sure how they will respond on that issue. The car never really hesitates, ecept the first 5 seconds or so after the initial start up (i.e. it is slow to come out of first gear...seems like it is warming up). During driving after that, in PSM ON mode, it is not quite as directly punchy as I would like, but I'm not sure I would go so far as so call it hesitation.

Also, I wouldn't think remapping would be a big deal because how much could it cost the dealer to down load new software?
Old 02-12-2007 | 06:44 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Good luck Rome, please post your results.
Old 02-12-2007 | 07:24 PM
bancu
Racer

Originally Posted by rome
The car never really hesitates, ecept the first 5 seconds or so after the initial start up (i.e. it is slow to come out of first gear...seems like it is warming up).
Starting in first, instead of the usual second, and holding it at initial startup is not hesitation. This is done 'by design' (as you thought) to facilitate warm up.

Now shifting _very_ hard from first to second in very cold weather is an known issue on some builds of the Cayenne (I don't remember the cut off date) and should be addressed if you word it correctly. If your Cayenne is falls in the build range you may also find that this also helps out with 'lazy' shifting around town. At first you may see a marked improvement but this seems to drop off as the transmission adapts to the lazy driving we have to do around town.

The lack of responsiveness to throttle inputs is probably going to be more directly impacted by a DME reprogramming. From what I've been told a DME reprogram can go quickly or can take a while. If you don't have the latest DME update getting reimbursed for the time is probably what would make the dealer hold back on doing this.

On Porsche's side, I'm betting the hold back is that they're worried but having to do fund the DME flashing all Cayennes and messing up the people that are fine with the existing behavior. There have also been people that didn't have an issue with their throttle responsive but went running into the dealer and yelled for an update just because they read about it on-line.

In general I've found that describing the _true_ behavior rather than pointing out the TSB or saying you read about it on-line makes things go a bit easier with the dealer.

Last edited by bancu; 02-12-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Quick Reply: TSB's