Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed V8 Bypass Pipes for Sale.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:57 PM
pfb
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Fabspeed V8 Bypass Pipes for Sale.

I purchased a used set of Fabspeed bypass pipes from a Cayenne S owner. The Fabspeed website implies that the same pipes will also fit the Touareg V8, which I own.

Well, not quite true. The pipe bends are the same, but the flanges are different between Porsche and VW. Fabspeed has confirmed that their website is not accurate in this regard.

So, they are for sale again. I paid $350 including shipping, and I'll take $350 for them and cover shipping in the lower 48. Fabspeed charges $595 pluss shipping.

The pipes are in great condition, and come with all the flange bolts, fabspeed stickers, original box, etc. If on the wild chance somebody has a set of Touareg V8 pipes, I'd be happy to trade! They *may* also fit the Turbo, but I'd verify with Fabspeed first.

http://www.fabspeed.com/cayenne.html

(stock photo)
Old 01-30-2007, 11:25 AM
tagheuer
Advanced

How long were the pipes on the other car?
Old 01-30-2007, 11:41 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by tagheuer
How long were the pipes on the other car?
3 months.... Here's the link to the classified ad with actual photos: https://rennlist.com/forums/for-sale-ads-member-to-member-fs-wtb-free/312872-sold-cayenne-s-tt-fabspeed-cat-bypass-pipes.html

Paul bought them from me in November and is a solid guy to do business with.

If you refer to Kooser's thread. My wife assumed daily driving duties of the CS and preferred the factory exhaust sound. She liked the Fabspeed sound, but liked the more subtle sound of the factory note. I think she was concerned her friends may find out she is a gear-head deep down.

Paul, sorry I haven't responded to your email..... This is the second day I've had to catch my breath after a busy January.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 PM
jmiller
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

on our website, we say we offer the pipes for the cayenne and touareg. we don't say that they are the same part number.

so that is where the confusion is, because the hardware and flanges are different on all the different models.

we do have everything in stock, but make sure you specify which exact model car you own.

many thanks
Old 01-30-2007, 01:28 PM
pfb
Track Day

Thanks for chiming in, Scott. They really are in nice shape. Slight bluing, but they will still be the prettiest part of your exhaust system save the polished tips!

Jonathan @ Fabspeed. Agreed, your web site doesn't say it's the same part number. But many folks, including both Scott and myself interpreted your website that way anyway.

Cayenne S Catbypass Pipes $595
# All Cayenne TT/S/VW Touareg Products 2004+
# +17 hp gain V8 "S" and V8 Touareg
You list one product (Cayenne S Catbypass Pipes), then list the V8"s" and Touareg. Confusing at *best*.

I'd love for you guys to swap them out for me, or reflange them with Touareg flanges. Whatdoyasay?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 PM
tagheuer
Advanced

Good info. I've been thinking about getting the cat bypasses for my turbo s.
Do the bypasses fit the turbo s as well as the cs?
Old 01-31-2007, 10:56 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

fabspeed has great products. strongly recommend them.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:14 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tagheuer
Good info. I've been thinking about getting the cat bypasses for my turbo s.
Do the bypasses fit the turbo s as well as the cs?

I believe they do. The CS and TT should have the same exhaust from the primary cat - back.

I would check with Fabspeed for fitment assurance.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
pfb
Track Day

Originally Posted by Scott C
I would check with Fabspeed for fitment assurance.
Sage Advice!
Old 02-04-2007, 01:03 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by pfb
I purchased a used set of Fabspeed bypass pipes from a Cayenne S owner. The Fabspeed website implies that the same pipes will also fit the Touareg V8, which I own.

Well, not quite true. The pipe bends are the same, but the flanges are different between Porsche and VW. Fabspeed has confirmed that their website is not accurate in this regard.

So, they are for sale again. I paid $350 including shipping, and I'll take $350 for them and cover shipping in the lower 48. Fabspeed charges $595 pluss shipping.

The pipes are in great condition, and come with all the flange bolts, fabspeed stickers, original box, etc. If on the wild chance somebody has a set of Touareg V8 pipes, I'd be happy to trade! They *may* also fit the Turbo, but I'd verify with Fabspeed first.
interesting, i have the exact opposite problem ... touareg pipes for a cayenne s. let me know if you want to work a trade. the pipes have about 24,000km (about 16,000 miles) on them and were mounted on an 04 touareg. there's a bit of surface rust on the flanges that can be cleaned up and an extra rubber tab was added to stop a vibration noise; no bolts and gaskets are included. see the pic below.

pm me if you want to work a trade.
Attached Images  
Old 02-08-2007, 05:39 AM
m1bbb
2nd Gear

Is it sold yet ??? Do u accept paypal ??? Any pic of the pipes you've got ???

Old 02-08-2007, 09:56 AM
pfb
Track Day

m1bbb: Pipes are not sold yet, but I would prefer to work out a trade with golfguy if I can.
If not, you are first in line, and yes paypal would be fine.

Scott, would you mind posting a pic of the pipes in this thread? I can't access the link you posted.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:59 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfb
m1bbb: Pipes are not sold yet, but I would prefer to work out a trade with golfguy if I can.
If not, you are first in line, and yes paypal would be fine.

Scott, would you mind posting a pic of the pipes in this thread? I can't access the link you posted.

Here you go....
Attached Images  
Old 02-12-2007, 12:30 PM
pfb
Track Day

GolfGuy?
Old 02-12-2007, 12:51 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by pfb
GolfGuy?
pfb, i'm interested. i sent you email from yahoo and copied your both your rennlist and noland email. you might want to check your junk email folder in case it got flagged as spam.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed V8 Bypass Pipes for Sale.