Sponsored by:

Back to Stock

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Back to Stock

Shouldn't I lose the clips and pics of the Cargraphic exhaust - since I lost my vertebrate status and removed it?

I was actually fortunate enough to find another Rennlister that was interested.
His criterion that he was going to like it when I described it to him was, if I may paraphrase, "If it is too loud for your wife, then that is all I need to know that I will like it."

Last edited by Kooser; 01-11-2007 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:08 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Kooser
Shouldn't I lose the clips and pics of the Cargraphic exhaust - since I lost my vertebrate status and removed it?

I was actually fortunate enough to find another Rennlister that was interested.
His criterion that he was going to like it when I described it to him was, if I may paraphrase, "If it is too loud for your wife, then that is all I need to know that I will like it."

I'm curious have you tried the exhaust without using the bypass pipes
or you had the bypass pipes the whole time..
Old 01-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Kooser
Pro

Bypass the whole time -which WOULD & did make it louder than without of course. I could have removed those to see if it would have been more tolerable to Mrs. Kooser - but on paper there were better HP gains from the bypass pipes vs. the exhaust and since I was getting the nudge from the wife I removed it.

BTW I am a watchaholic too. Reformed/rehabilitated! But my list of "Gone" probably echoes your car list!
Downsized to the only two watches I will EVER need from this point on: Patek Aquanaut Jumbo on tropical strap ('05) and white dial Rolex Stainless Steel Cosmograph Daytona ('06)...... GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Jaeger LeCoultre (Reverso Duo SS/SS), Panerai (Luminor Marina A series SS/Strap), Breitling (Navitimer SS/Strap), Audemars Piguet (Royal Oak Offshore Chrono SS/SS), Cartier (Tank Francaise. SS/SS), Bedat & Co.(No.7 SS/SS), Chronoswiss (Opus Platinum/Strap) Chopard (Mille Miglia SS/Strap), Breguet (Type XX Transatlantique Ti/Ti), A Lange & Sohne (Langematik WG/Strap), Jorg Schauer (Digital 01 Plat/Strap), Frank Muller (Chronograph SS/Strap), Vacheron Constantin (Overseas Chrono SS/SS), Rolex (Seadweller, Yachtmaster, Air King and Explorer II), Blancpain (Flyback Chrono SS/SS), Kelek (5 minute repeater YG/Strap), Ulysse Nardin (Marine Diver SS/Strap), and last but not least Patek Philippe(5036 WG/WG), Alain Silberstein (Krono BauHaus Klassik)
Old 01-12-2007, 12:54 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Bypass the whole time -which WOULD & did make it louder than without of course. I could have removed those to see if it would have been more tolerable to Mrs. Kooser - but on paper there were better HP gains from the bypass pipes vs. the exhaust and since I was getting the nudge from the wife I removed it.

BTW I am a watchaholic too. Reformed/rehabilitated! But my list of "Gone" probably echoes your car list!
Downsized to the only two watches I will EVER need from this point on: Patek Aquanaut Jumbo on tropical strap ('05) and white dial Rolex Stainless Steel Cosmograph Daytona ('06)...... GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN: Jaeger LeCoultre (Reverso Duo SS/SS), Panerai (Luminor Marina A series SS/Strap), Breitling (Navitimer SS/Strap), Audemars Piguet (Royal Oak Offshore Chrono SS/SS), Cartier (Tank Francaise. SS/SS), Bedat & Co.(No.7 SS/SS), Chronoswiss (Opus Platinum/Strap) Chopard (Mille Miglia SS/Strap), Breguet (Type XX Transatlantique Ti/Ti), A Lange & Sohne (Langematik WG/Strap), Jorg Schauer (Digital 01 Plat/Strap), Frank Muller (Chronograph SS/Strap), Vacheron Constantin (Overseas Chrono SS/SS), Rolex (Seadweller, Yachtmaster, Air King and Explorer II), Blancpain (Flyback Chrono SS/SS), Kelek (5 minute repeater YG/Strap), Ulysse Nardin (Marine Diver SS/Strap), and last but not least Patek Philippe(5036 WG/WG), Alain Silberstein (Krono BauHaus Klassik)

which one of those can be traded for an '08 Cayenne
Old 01-12-2007, 01:14 AM
Kooser
Pro

Too late for trades - they have all departed - except for two. I gave most away to close friends - that way I still get to see them at least on someone's wrist now and then. Plus a few were only limited production (50 pieces worldwide and so on) - so better than seling them, someone I know can cherish them.

BTW a comment that EnigmaWMn would probably enjoy saying so I will beat her to the punch -

"Why do you need a watch anyway Kooser? You have your wife to TELL you what time it is...to eat, sleep, go places, remove exhausts, hit it, wake up, clean up, cook, take out the garbage, etc. etc.
All according to HER time!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I gave most away to close friends - that way I still get to see them at least on someone's wrist now and then. Plus a few were only limited production (50 pieces worldwide and so on) - so better than seling them, someone I know can cherish them.
Dude-- You have to explain this! You GAVE away most of those watches? Did your friends have a hard time accepting such an extravagent gift...especially coming right off your wrist?

I know I would. For my 40th B-Day I was given a NIB Rolex Explorer II from a very old friend who I do a lot of business with and I agonized for weeks over how I could find a way to NOT accept it. Finally, I just kept it and got the guy an equally nice gift in return a few months later for an occasion which was very special to him, but in the meantime I still felt awkward about accepting the Explorer. Plus, some of those watches on your list could make for a nice down payment on a small house or condo. Please re-post your picture...I want to be sure that it is not actually Mike Tyson typing on the other end.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by rome
Dude-- You have to explain this! You GAVE away most of those watches? Did your friends have a hard time accepting such an extravagent gift...especially coming right off your wrist?

I know I would. For my 40th B-Day I was given a NIB Rolex Explorer II from a very old friend who I do a lot of business with and I agonized for weeks over how I could find a way to NOT accept it. Finally, I just kept it and got the guy an equally nice gift in return a few months later for an occasion which was very special to him, but in the meantime I still felt awkward about accepting the Explorer. Plus, some of those watches on your list could make for a nice down payment on a small house or condo. Please re-post your picture...I want to be sure that it is not actually Mike Tyson typing on the other end.
"AIN'T NOTHING BUT A G-THANG"
We have all been tight since high school, a couple since grade school even. They have hit me back throughout the years so there didn't seem to be any awkwardness, they knew that I was kinda wanting to simplify things, "streamline" - keepin' it real.

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda B.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:19 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"AIN'T NOTHING BUT A G-THANG"
We have all been tight since high school, a couple since grade school even. They have hit me back throughout the years so there didn't seem to be any awkwardness, they knew that I was kinda wanting to simplify things, "streamline" - keepin' it real.

"Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda B.
OK, my brissel..... maybe you've been hittin' the chronic too much...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by rome
OK, my brissel..... maybe you've been hittin' the chronic too much...
The Chronic should be capatalized!
And oddly enough just as I am reading your reply I am listening to The Game's "Doctor's Advocate" - one of Dr. Dre's proteges out of Compton and The Chronic comes up it seems almost on every track! The only thing I need is a PB, but it is too early for that still.

DA BEARS!

Quick Reply: Back to Stock