Cargo space questions...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:28 PM
Beezr
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cargo space questions...

I'm looking to buy a Cayenne - might actually trade my 993 - and one concern I have is about my ability to haul luggage for family trips or the assorted sports gear for my kids (baseball, ice hockey, skiing)...

I realize there is limited cargo room, but how much stuff can you get into the back of a Cayenne? Or, more practically, what fits? Am I looking at barely enough room for a long weekend trip for two, or a family of four for a week?

I've searched the board and should I ever take up the cello I know where to look... Couldn't find much else.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll hold a fair amount - I can load up the three kids and a pile of stuff in the back. It's space is smaller than those of vehicles of similar size due to the Pepper's rear "hips" and sloped rear hatch. For example my wife's MDX actually has a shorter wheel base, but has a much roomier cargo area (and a third row of seats). With the seats down, we can load up a summer's worth of toys, bikes, skim boards, clothes, groceries, linens etc (oh ya kids) between the Pepper and MDX. My Kids are 8,6,6 so we've got lot-o-stuff.

If cargo space is important - I'd test drive the Q as an alternative, but if you're trading a 993 - you should there is loads of room! As long as you're a half decent packer you should easily get to "a family of four for a week" You can always add a Thule and a bike rack if you need more space.

You might PM elton, what factors were too small for his family
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/323447-traded-in-the-s-for-a-gl450.html
Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Blade-MD
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

How many kids? (Two is fine, three or more--->tight fit) Do you travel light or heavy? (light--->fine, heavy--->not so good) I generally get packed to the "gills" for road trips with two kids and all of the luggage I am quite tight and can't see out the rear; need to use side mirrors. I find that putting one of the seats down helps alot. For normal daily baseball, etc. there is plenty of room.

Quick Reply: Cargo space questions...