Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 801 Posts

I agree... but what a gorgeous drive!
Old 08-12-2010, 04:02 AM
00Jay
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Here's one of me in Colorado on the Million Dollar Highway (US 550) just south of Ouray, CO. My son took the pick with my iPhone (sorry for the poor image quality), and my wife stayed in the car hiding. She wasn't too fond of getting out next to a huge cliff with no guard rail.
Great pic Dennis. I don't see much of any guardrail along that road!
Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Cole
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its a cool drive. Pretty sure it had been rated the most dangerous highway in North America.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM
cab&coupe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
Here's one of me in Colorado on the Million Dollar Highway (CO 550) just south of Ouray, CO. My son took the pick with my iPhone (sorry for the poor image quality), and my wife stayed in the car hiding. She wasn't too fond of getting out next to a huge cliff with no guard rail.
Nice pic Dennis
Old 08-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,276 Likes on 801 Posts

Thanks!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

Hmm as promised some picks of me with my Cayenne and some of just the Cayenne, it is kinda bad outside and with my pictures, no one was there to help me with them, so I will have more. I will have them possibly tomorrow if it is sunny.
Attached Images             
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Slightly fuzzy, but good looking Turbo....impressive fleet of vehicles in the background as well. Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

Thanks for the compliment, the Maserati Grand Sport is my mother's(would rather her have a 911 or Alfa Romeo 8c , I don't like Maserati's electronics or the ride,at least for the Grand Sport, and the throttle response isn't that great all the time in the GS, the electronics in the Quattroporte weren't good either). Then the Escalade is usually used for family trips and barn usage(it is an '03 or '04), and finally the E63( I believe it is a '10 model, unsure) in the background belongs to my 24 or 25 year old brother. I don't know what was up with the camera, I guess it could have been the lens fogging up, unsure. I love my turbo though .
Old 08-17-2010, 12:51 AM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alichtenberg
Thanks for the compliment, the Maserati Grand Sport is my mother's(would rather her have a 911 or Alfa Romeo 8c , I don't like Maserati's electronics or the ride,at least for the Grand Sport, and the throttle response isn't that great all the time in the GS, the electronics in the Quattroporte weren't good either).
That's a shame to hear that about the Gran Sport....though I've heard electronics/ride quality have been updated on the Gran Turismo starting in 07....Definitely one of my favorite GT cars out in the market right now.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:19 AM
Alichtenberg
Intermediate

Yea, it is a shame, one other thing with the GS(at least the one we have), is that it vibrates more then it should. Like if you drive it for a long period of time and get out of the car, you will still have that vibrating sensation. The Gran Turismo looks pretty cool, the front end does not appeal to me as much as the Quattroporte for some reason, but still looks cool. One thing I am glad about is that my mother is trading in her GS for a 2010 or 2011 Quattroporte GT S(might as well get the top model, because IMO the Quattroporte base just sucks in performance and then the GT S gets a little bit up there, but as a company that is suspoce to derive from Ferrari, I would think their cars would and could be faster. I may be able to talk her into getting the mc sport line package w/ paddle shifters if she does though . Anyway, I want opinions on something. My brother brought up to me the option of painting or powder coating, or however you do it, to my rims for Christmas. I am wondering if doing the rims the same color as the car would look good or if I should go with black or a dark grey, or just leaving them the way they are. Any input on this would be great .
Old 08-17-2010, 10:36 PM
roxboxxx
Cruisin'

Im more of an active poster on 6speed, but as I am now here trawlin for deals, here is my "old style" C. Lots of mods and a garage full of take-offs.
Looking now for a pic of Me and my C.

Name:  5cb6f8cf.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  120.8 KB

Name:  roxswazy1.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  43.2 KB

Name:  1ec1e5c0.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  62.3 KB

And my latest project - CFing most of the interior. I started with the gauge pod as a first time CF project - All the woods going just as soon as I can find someone to give / Sell me the cheap aluminum look trim so I can CF over it.

Name:  DSC08511.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  54.5 KB

All my projects are here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...ervations.html
Old 08-17-2010, 10:59 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alichtenberg
Anyway, I want opinions on something. My brother brought up to me the option of painting or powder coating, or however you do it, to my rims for Christmas. I am wondering if doing the rims the same color as the car would look good or if I should go with black or a dark grey, or just leaving them the way they are. Any input on this would be great .
The only other painted color (other than what comes from the factory) I like on wheels for the Cayenne (or any vehicle) is black. If anything, a darker grey might might good with your exterior paint.... just my humble opinion though.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:02 PM
00Jay
Instructor

Originally Posted by roxboxxx
Im more of an active poster on 6speed, but as I am now here trawlin for deals, here is my "old style" C. Lots of mods and a garage full of take-offs.
Looking now for a pic of Me and my C.

All my projects are here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/c...ervations.html
Welcome to the forum! Great CS. Visited the other thread and noticed you have an aftermarket exhaust like the GTS....is that what it is, and if it is, is it "tunable"? <-- Edit, I see it's a Fabspeed after reading down the thread a bit.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 PM
roxboxxx
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by 00Jay
Welcome to the forum! Great CS. Visited the other thread and noticed you have an aftermarket exhaust like the GTS....is that what it is, and if it is, is it "tunable"? <-- Edit, I see it's a Fabspeed after reading down the thread a bit.
Thanks - and yep its fabspeed. Check the bottom of my link and look at the youtube vid for the sound (lets say - a bit of in-cabin resonance )
Old 08-18-2010, 11:18 AM
CDH-CTT
Racer

Welcome.....Nice rides
I really like the way your Techart hood looks.... I want one of those really bad!!!!hahaha

Carl

Quick Reply: WANTED: Cool "Pic" of you and your Cayenne