Sponsored by:

Intermittent blinker malfunction...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts
Default Intermittent blinker malfunction...

Anyone else had this one? Out of the blue the ! came on saying a turn signal light was out and they starting blinking very fast like it does when a bulb is out. By the time I stopped to check which bulb was out they were working again (after turning off the ignition and turning it back on) blinking at the correct speed. Then it did it again and corrected itself before I could see which one was out. Did it one more time... a trip to the dealerr??? I did drive through some heavy rain the day BEFORE this started...
Old 07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
momoC4S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

skl,

Just had it happen over the weekend!!! Heavy rain also right before it happened...

I went to the auto parts store, bought extra bulbs (because I'm thinking that these bulbs just don't last long, do they?), pulled out the headlight, looked at the bulb...doesn't look burned out! Put the headlight back in and tested. It all worked fine. I've got 4 extra bulbs for when they do finally burn out...woohoo!

It looks like that same headlight has been removed before so I'm thinking that the PO may have been chasing the same ghost...just a guess though.

Morgan
Old 07-26-2006, 06:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Would you be surprised if I DIDN'T have that problem back when....

Just substitute "directional" or "parking" light for "dipped beam" in this thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/231534-check-dipped-bean-x-2-a.html

Same fundamental defect in all lighting sockets/contact design/material.

I won't ask if you're naked..........
Old 07-26-2006, 07:06 PM
alcantara
Advanced

Haha I had something similar...I was making a right, turned on my blinker and got the "!" with a message saying to check turn signals. I figured I had a bulb burn out. Nope...all bulbs fine. So then I turned the car off, waited ten seconds turned it back on....Wahlah! Indicator light magically disappears...

Whatever...
Old 07-26-2006, 10:14 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 569 Posts

I had the dipped beam thing fixed a year or so ago and that hasn't reaccured since. This was the first time for this... don't you love intermittent electric gremlins?????
Old 07-27-2006, 12:24 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Same thing happened - replaced the bulb and I thought it went away but NO came back a few weeks latter.

Long story short - my headlight assembly had to be replaced after first replacing the socket. Has been good for 6 months now...

Old 08-14-2006, 12:26 AM
JFScheck
Addict
Rennlist Member

OK - saw the link and thought I would update - my Pepper has been fine now for 7 months and counting...

Quick Reply: Intermittent blinker malfunction...