A cure for the common elephant

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
TimC.
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A cure for the common elephant

If you wondering what the hell this is about then read first:

https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-955-957-2003-2010/170212-windshield-wipers-that-sound-like-two-angry-elephants.html

OK guys....so after reading some posts of this "angle of attack" of the wiper solving the angry elephant syndrome. I poured myself a beer and went out to the cayenne to have a look, I figured this must be something they tried at the dealer....so here is the fix:
Pull the wiper up off the glass and lock it into the position you would do when cleaning the car...the arm will be standing up vertically
Remove the black plastic cap that covers the connection from the wiper blade to the end of the wiper arm
put a rag over this linkage area and then wrap you hand around the wiper linkage with your right hand and begin to slightly twist the arm couter-clockwise. All it took for me was about 2 tries and nothing more than a quarter turn...your not trying to bend anything your basically just twisting the entire arm just slightly.

I got out the hose and gave it a try and you wont believe how nice my wipers work now !!! I did this about a month back and have not had a single problem since....and this is with the original wipers ! Basically your just making the wiper lean toward the glass a tiny bit which is enough to solve this mystery

If you don't understand I could go outside and take some pics. But this really worked and I am amazed at how quite they are now !!
Old 07-19-2006, 10:25 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pics would help! I'm not sure what the adjustment is you are describing. Thanks!

Quick Reply: A cure for the common elephant