LOOKING FOR 20" SPORT TECHNO WHEELS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 04:42 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
Care to explain this statement???
Technically all Standard wheels are OEM. What I meant was the something could be OEM but not be standard (like 20" Sport Techno's on an older CTT).

In other words, "Everything that is OEM is not Standard".

This was in response to the previous comment that Sport Techno's are only OEM on the Turbo S.

They told me those wheels are OEM (original equipment) from a Cayenne Turbo. The last time I check only Cayenne Turbo S comes with 20" as standard.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:50 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How come nobody is bidding on that 20" sport techno wheels? And the seller does not have 100% positive feed back. Somebody also got a patched tired from this particular seller. Also wheels NOT in excellent shape. contacted three times-NO RESPONSE from seller!! There are many fake wheels out there! Be aware!! I have also purchased a set of GT3 wheels which seller claims brand new factory take off (OEM) and turns out to be recondition wheels.
Old 07-07-2006, 06:07 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tso GT3
How come nobody is bidding on that 20" sport techno wheels? And the seller does not have 100% positive feed back. Somebody also got a patched tired from this particular seller. Also wheels NOT in excellent shape. contacted three times-NO RESPONSE from seller!! There are many fake wheels out there! Be aware!! I have also purchased a set of GT3 wheels which seller claims brand new factory take off (OEM) and turns out to be recondition wheels.
Oh don't get me wrong, you have to do your homework. I got a set of Kinesis rims a while back that weren't round. Took another $500 to make them right.

It really comes down to what makes you comfortable and feedback is a good thing to check.

If they are unresponsive then screw 'em. Too many other places to spend your money.

BTW, I just posted this link because one of my searches popped up with these wheels and the original poster was looking. I have no interest in them.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
CJack
Intermediate

I did have interest in them...Apparently no one bought them. Still would love the look...but based upon it all...I got a 2 year old the Pepper transports around who deserves a bit more than "used" wheels to ride upon for safety. So again I have reconsidered and look to s "good deal" on new wheels/tires. Thanks for everyones comments, directed to me or not...these forums have a tendency to put more thought into impulse buys...
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Man, you guys are beyond paranoid. The guy has a 99.6% positive rating, the wheels are authentic Porsche and show no signs of repair (most repaired rims don't have tire re-mounted anyway). Even if they were refinished that's not always a bad thing. I also doubt there is any reason to worry about safety. Short of track failures can anyone here remember the last time they saw a road wheel break?

BTW, if you want these new then the best price I've seen is Wheel Enhancement, $3000 + tires. One dealer (Brandywine I think) did have a set of new take offs advertised for $3995 a few weeks back.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Stone43
Racer

I wanted to save money and still have the 20 Technos. My dealer has a special, discounted them down to $3500, equipped with center caps (another $200 value), Pirelli tires, installation and an alignment. They gave me $800 for my 18" turbo wheels with well worn tires. So my net out the door was $2700 and I have the knowledge (and receipt) as well as the peace of mind that comes with this type of deal. Not sure if other dealers are running any specials, but like one of the previous posters said, the market is soft.

And one more nice thing about the Technos, they are a hell of a lot easier to clean than those turbos. I even give them a quick windex/paper towel wipe down in-between washes. Small thing, but nice.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:40 PM
CJack
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mjw930
Man, you guys are beyond paranoid... I also doubt there is any reason to worry about safety...Short of track failures can anyone here remember the last time they saw a road wheel break?
No you are absolutely right...

Eh, just being safe with my precious cargo...IF it was only me...I'd already be posting pictures of my "new" wheels!

Originally Posted by mjw930
BTW, if you want these new then the best price I've seen is Wheel Enhancement, $3000 + tires. One dealer (Brandywine I think) did have a set of new take offs advertised for $3995 a few weeks back.
I was wondering what W.E. was selling them for...Thanks!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:57 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Thought about purchasing them as well when I confirmed (thanks mjw930) they were OEM wheels but the seller NEVER responded to my emails about the wheels. What a jack@ss. Guess he either (1) is scamming potential buyers....or (2) doesn't really care about selling them.

Either way, I would rather pay a $1K or so more at the dealer for some takeoffs and have the piece of mind.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:52 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVDell
Thought about purchasing them as well when I confirmed (thanks mjw930) they were OEM wheels but the seller NEVER responded to my emails about the wheels. What a jack@ss. Guess he either (1) is scamming potential buyers....or (2) doesn't really care about selling them.

Either way, I would rather pay a $1K or so more at the dealer for some takeoffs and have the piece of mind.
Agreed,

I got VERY lucky 3 weeks ago and scored a set of '06 takeoffs (9" and 10" setup) from the Naples dealer for $2375 + shipping off ebay. The only down side is they have Conti's mounted but I have to admit they work well on my truck. Smooth and good grip, not what I expected considering the slamming Conti takes on these forums.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:08 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

For $2375 as takeoffs from a Porsche dealer I would take them with General Tire rubber!
Old 07-11-2006, 03:41 AM
charlieXS
Pro

HERE THEY ARE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...07205529QQrdZ1

staggered sport technos

Quick Reply: LOOKING FOR 20" SPORT TECHNO WHEELS