Sponsored by:

JD Powers 2006 Initial Quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JD Powers 2006 Initial Quality

[QUOTE]Averaging just 91 problems per 100 (PP100) vehicles, Porsche tops the overall nameplate rankings.
Porsche’s success can be partly attributed to the all-new Cayman, which tops the compact premium sporty car segment. Porsche is followed in the rankings by Lexus, Hyundai, Toyota and Jaguar, respectively.QUOTE]

You think the Cayenne is considered a VW vehicle

Last edited by Shamus; 06-07-2006 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:18 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-07-2006, 06:51 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd like to go on record by saying....
I didn't say it.....but I was thinking it.

However, could someone please define how long 'Initial' quality lasts?

Shamus, move over and make some more room in Mudman2's Cayenne forum penalty box
Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
I'd like to go on record by saying....
I didn't say it.....but I was thinking it.

However, could someone please define how long 'Initial' quality lasts?

Shamus, move over and make some more room in Mudman2's Cayenne forum penalty box
90 Days....Is that also the duration of my stay in the penalty box?
Old 06-07-2006, 08:49 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Shamus
90 Days....Is that also the duration of my stay in the penalty box?
For a first time offense.....I think our moderator will show some leniency.
However, for publically chatting with me in this forum, you will likely be added to everyone's "Ignore List" like I am....here, allow me to demonstrate:

Hey everybody....bite me!

See, no one notices since I'm invisible to all but a few of the old timers
Old 06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 06-07-2006, 10:40 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2
You're talking about me, aren't you.
I TOLD you it was time for my own private/padded forum, but you didn't listen
Old 06-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The last three digits in Lewis' VIN were: 666. After his exorcism/sale of "the Beast" the Cayenne's overall quality score averages skyrocketed!!

Old 06-08-2006, 12:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Renn 951
The last three digits in Lewis' VIN were: 666. After his exorcism/sale of "the Beast" the Cayenne's overall quality score averages skyrocketed!!
Wait a minute, you mean it wasn't a bad dream? I actually did own a Cayenne?

This is from a previous post in the forum regarding JD Power rankings and the Cayenne from May last year:

From August 2005 Pano, page 74
Porsche customer satisfaction reported to be slipping, according to the latest J.D. Power Initial Quality Study released in May. The study is conducted annually and reports on a sampling of the number of customer-reported defects or complaints per 100 vehicles sold. The industry average for the current study is 118 problems per 100 vehicles, compared to 119 in 2004. At the top of the list for best quality in terms of least number of customer-reported problems is Lexus , at 81 problems per vehicle, followed by Jaguar at 88, BMW at 95, Buick at 100 and Cadillac and Mercedes at 104.
Near the bottom of the list, in 32nd place, are Porsche and VW with 147, followed by Land Rover and Mazda with 149, with Suzuki bringing up the rear with 151.

As has been discussed here, the MY05 Cayenne brought and end to the alpha (03) and beta (04) versions of the Cayenne.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:43 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Shamus]
Averaging just 91 problems per 100 (PP100) vehicles, Porsche tops the overall nameplate rankings..,..Porsche is followed in the rankings by Lexus, Hyundai, Toyota and Jaguar, respectively.QUOTE]
You think the Cayenne is considered a VW vehicle
PAG must be jumping with joy... or is that jumping Helga at VW... oh, I digress...

So, you'd think that PCNA would send an updated CD to all of us alpha/beta testers since we resulted in '06 top ratings.. Since I got the new 800# card.. I'm sure the CD will arrive any day now.....

oh.. and is ltc still around? posts keep referring to him... he's NOT dead yet? Oh, right.. off you go.. just a joke.. I could never.. NEVER ignore him. he's my hero...........
Old 06-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Some additional facts/disclosure about the 2006 survey.
The 2006 Initial Quality Study is based on responses from 63,607 purchasers and lessees of new 2006 modelyear cars and trucks surveyed after 90 days of ownership. The redesigned IQS is based on a new 217-question battery—up from 135 in previous years—to provide manufacturers with richer information to improve problem determination and drive product improvement. The study also groups models in a revised J.D. Power and Associates vehicle segmentation list.

The 2006 study has been redesigned for the first time since 1998. Improvements to the study include:
• An enhanced questionnaire for owners to aid in identification of both defect and design problems
• Expanded coverage of new technologies
• Additional details about the problems reported to help OEMs better identify how to address them

The full report is here
http://www.jdpa.com/corporate/news/r...df/2006082.pdf

My Cayenne has been trouble free in terms of suspension, engine plant, drive train, etc and has performed flawlessly. It is these little quirky gremlins that but at the same time provide all sorts of humor around the padded forum. Latest issues - check dipped beam light and loss of comfort controls.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:59 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

My Cayenne has been trouble free in terms of suspension, engine plant, drive train, etc and has performed flawlessly.
It is these little quirky gremlins that but at the same time provide all sorts of humor around the padded forum. Latest issues - check dipped beam light and loss of comfort controls.
I just replied to a post regarding dipped beam (simple fix).
The loss of comfort controls is simple to fix....have the dealer replace the (rear) comfort control module with the latest revision (there have been something like nine to date) and program it via PIWIS using an image off of a 'virgin' Cayenne on the lot. Again, simple fix.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:00 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

[QUOTE=MadFox]
oh.. and is ltc still around? posts keep referring to him... he's NOT dead yet? Oh, right.. off you go.. just a joke.. I could never.. NEVER ignore him. he's my hero...........
I'm still here, but most people have added me to their "Ignore" lists, so I don't show up on THEIR view of the forum.

That's OK, as soon as PAG/PCNA/dealer abandons them and they desperately need answers/solutions to their problems that they can shove in PAG/PCNA's face.......they'll find the strength to let me out of the cage.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:06 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Can you actually tell when people have you on Ignore? Or is it just that the Cayenne Ownership induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder morphing into paranoia?

Of course he is hanging around here - his only 2 Porsches are garage queens and Boston has seen 5,847,987,584,975,689 inches of rain over the last month.

He' my hero too! I may trade my Cayenne for a Hybrid
(sorry - Smilie overload today)

Back to our story:
The success of Porsche, which jumped to No. 1 in the nameplate rankings, can be partly attributed to the totally new Cayman mid-engine hard-top sports car, which came in at the top of the compact premium sporty car segment. In addition, the German car maker made a number of quality improvements to its Cayenne sport-utility vehicle.

"We study the results of quality studies ... and we go to the factory and make changes," says Tony Fouladpour, Porsche spokesman. For example, he says the Cayenne key fob was improved so someone can hold it and lock the car from further away than previously.

See Lewis was dead on with his Alpha and Beta analysis.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Can you actually tell when people have you on Ignore? .
Not directly. You have to come up with other tests, like:
"Hey, if you can read this....Bite me"
If no one responds, then I MUST be on their ignore list.

Or is it just that the Cayenne Ownership induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder morphing into paranoia?.
No, everything is fine since the Cayenne was 'sold'.

Of course he is hanging around here - his only 2 Porsches are garage queens and Boston has seen 5,847,987,584,975,689 inches of rain over the last month. .
996TT: Garage Queen
968Cab: Garage Princess (LOVE the new seats BTW)
Cup Car: track appliance.

He' my hero too! I may trade my Cayenne for a Hybrid
(sorry - Smilie overload today).
The Hybrid is a blast to drive and observe all the systems working.

See Lewis was dead on with his Alpha and Beta analysis.
Thank you.
Although I am disappointed that 'Throwing Your Key Fob at Your Cayenne due to Lack of Useable Range' won't be an Olympic exhibition event....

Quick Reply: JD Powers 2006 Initial Quality