Sponsored by:

JD Powers 2006 Initial Quality

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 12:35 PM
skylolow
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Keep in mind this is for 2006 models.

From reading the different boards it seems alot of the problems of the pass have been worked out for the 2006 models. Or not many people have posted any problems with there 2006 models. Either way I think we can all agree that the 2003 and 2004 Cayenne's are the biggest problem childs. 2005 seem to got much better but still a few problems. So hey everyone drink your Kool Aid and pray that 2006 will be the best year for the Cayenne.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:47 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As the owner of a 2006 V6 model, I was one of the respondents to the survey. After 90 days of ownership, I noted the "auto learning" transmission as a disappointment, but had no other quality issues. Would I buy again--yes...am I happy with my purchase--absolutely!

Today, after 9 months of ownership, the transmission seems to have sorted itself (or I just have gotten used to how to treat it for optimum performance). I HAVE begun to notice a few minor hardware integrity issues (loose or loosening plastic trim pieces), and an occasional "clunk" from the driveline when accelerating hard from <5mph (i.e. after going over a speed bump). I'll have that checked during the first service later this month...
Old 06-11-2006, 10:26 AM
len928
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Renn 951
The last three digits in Lewis' VIN were: 666. After his exorcism/sale of "the Beast" the Cayenne's overall quality score averages skyrocketed!!

Funny, because I actually have that Vin#, DOn't get me started....
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I just replied to a post regarding dipped beam (simple fix).
The loss of comfort controls is simple to fix....have the dealer replace the (rear) comfort control module with the latest revision (there have been something like nine to date) and program it via PIWIS using an image off of a 'virgin' Cayenne on the lot. Again, simple fix.
Well brought in the pepper - and they are ordering me a new PCM based on the PIWIS there was some data being dropped....crossing my fingers I get a DVD based system, but the tech didn't seem to think so - although he indicated I would have a SAT button.

The dipped beam issue was just that the light did not fully engage - do I need to reset it using that special tool? I thought you just pushed it in to reseat it.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:10 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamus
Well brought in the pepper - and they are ordering me a new PCM based on the PIWIS there was some data being dropped....crossing my fingers I get a DVD based system, but the tech didn't seem to think so - although he indicated I would have a SAT button..
The PCM seems a bit odd, but if PIWIS says there's a problem......

Originally Posted by Shamus
The dipped beam issue was just that the light did not fully engage - do I need to reset it using that special tool? I thought you just pushed it in to reseat it.
Not that I'm aware of. I used to simply remove the bulb, clean the contacts, reform them a bit.....and then tape 2 Maglites to the hood, just in case.

Quick Reply: JD Powers 2006 Initial Quality