Cayenne Recalls - help

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 10:23 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd like to see an icon for "Kiss My A..", never mind.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:29 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you guys are so hip

Old 05-22-2006, 10:52 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

I did a search not long after I posted the question, I guess I should have edited my post.

I asked because I noticed the logo on my "new to me" '04 CTT has a decided slant, the right is lower than the left by about 1/4". I just purchased the CTT last week and I didn't see it until I got it home. I had the VIN checked and my local dealer BEFORE I bought it and they said all the "campaigns" had been applied with I would assume would include the W401. If it was applied then the dealer that re-applied he logo needs a new level If it wasn't then Hans had a little too much to drink for lunch.... I checked the rear hatch inside and out and it's never been damaged so the logo either cam this way from the factory or the servicing dealer screwed it up. It's an 02/04 build with a VIN in the 939xx range which seems to be outside a lot of the '03/'04 TSB's.

What threw me is I have an account on both Renntech and AlldataDIY and the W401 campaign doesn't show up on either. That's why I originally posted the question.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mudman2
you guys are so hip
It's fun watching the kids flounder about.

I'd normally mention how W401 rollout was delayed/deferred due to lack of available parts, so some vehicles are just now getting the service action applied, but I think I'll skip it.....these bright eyed bushy tailed newbies are so much smarter than the old timers who do nothing but bitch and complain......no names of course.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:17 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

P.S. If I can't get a "Kiss My A.." Smilie, how about a 'Bite Me' Smilie.
Maybe for Christmas?
Old 05-23-2006, 05:49 AM
ozr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mjw930

...I asked because I noticed the logo on my "new to me" '04 CTT has a decided slant, the right is lower than the left by about 1/4"....
...Porsche AG changed Cayenne S logo in above described way in 2006 (starting release of the Cayenne turbo S, where they already have such logo leveling...) and they are reapplying this update in a form of a W401 service action to older CaySs...

...yes, Porsche AG LOWERED!!! "S" relative to the rest of the "Cayenne..." logo line...LOOK carefully at the dealer lot at the NEW 2006 CaySs backs...

...cant say the same about "Cayenne turbo" ... logo...I think "turbo" should be at the same line/level as "Cayenne"...

OZRacing
Old 05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ozr
...Porsche AG changed Cayenne S logo in above described way in 2006 (starting release of the Cayenne turbo S, where they already have such logo leveling...) and they are reapplying this update in a form of a W401 service action to older CaySs...
You've got to be kidding me...a service action for a misplaced logo? On one hand, I'd be pleased to get the action done "for free" if my Cay was "afflicted" with this heinous mis-badging while still under warranty. However, I am also offended if my badge is OK, but the cost to correct that of others is rolled up into the warranty costs for all Cayenne owners. No wonder these things cost so much

Quick Reply: Cayenne Recalls - help