Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discounts on New '06 Cayenne S

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 11:01 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree, we will find out soon enough. Can you ask your salesman if the 997GT3 is going to be available with a sunroof delete option?
Old 05-09-2006, 03:30 AM
racer_65
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For those who are pondering the purchase of a face-lifted version, I would give it another month of waiting. Usually around June timeframe, 2007 models start arriving. Even if you don't see the car in showrooms, there would at least be some sort of announcement.

I too, find it hard to believe there will be no 2007 model. Has that ever happened in the history of Porsche as a company?
Old 05-09-2006, 04:27 PM
red911c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ATTENTION: Thread HIJACK in progress!!! (not really, my question is similar to the original)

What discounts are people getting on a 2006 Cayenne Turbo?

TIA!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red911c2
ATTENTION: Thread HIJACK in progress!!! (not really, my question is similar to the original)

TIA!
I was offered only $5000 off. They aren't really in a dealing mood since there haven't been any non S Turbos produced for several months. All they are making now are the Turbo S model. You can't order a non S and would have to find one that you want sitting on a dealer's lot. Most likely there will not be any more Turbos produced until the facelift some time next year. Limited supply = high prices.

Phil
Old 05-09-2006, 06:09 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

....or lack of sales=low prices.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:04 PM
Phil S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LVDell
....or lack of sales=low prices.
Maybe, but there aren't a lot of turbos sitting around. At the 8 dealers in the greater Los Angeles area there are only 15 turbos presently in inventory or on the way to the dealers. On average (in this area), two per dealership. And they can't get any more. If you only had two and might not get another one for about a year or so, would you feel the need to sell at a deep discount? There seems to be plenty of Turbo S models available, but not many Turbos. The dealers I asked weren't real willing to give any more than about $5k off. It may be different for the Cayenne and Cayenne S models since there seem to be a lot of them in inventory.

Phil
Old 05-09-2006, 08:27 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 209 Posts

Well, I hate to say it, he IS lying. There isn't a single auto manufacturer stupid enough to sell a "2006" car in the 2007. That makes ZERO business sense and could criple profits. Think about it....would you buy a "new" 2006 in 2007 or a severly discounted "old" 2006 in 2007???
It's not really that unheard of, Chevy did it a couple times with the Vette. With the plant needing to convert and there now being 3 different models with the addition of Audi I suppose Porsche needed to figure out how to continue production without causing too much grief. I see it as the exact opposite of crippling profits. It's a way to extend profits while they make up for some lost time.

FYI, VW is releasing their '07 Treg NOW with a 30 HP bump on the V8 using the FSI technology and they are bringing back the V10TDI. With all those changes I guess Porsche needed another quarter to get the '08 changes done. Adding another quarter to the production of '06's and limiting their options makes perfect sense. Heck, they introduce model year changes whenever they want these days. The model year designation means far less then the in service date these days.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red911c2

TIA!
Sorry about that but I started down this path because the implication from my dealer was that the "special edition" Cayennes would be fairly well discounted and that I should wait rather than buy an in stock unit (and he has 10 in stock).
Old 05-16-2006, 11:58 AM
jcr22042
Track Day

I am a salesperson @ a Porsche dealer and can confirm that there will be no 2007 Cayenne's, as stated above. The titanium edition will be an '06 to supply us w/cars until the '08 is released with the changes. The titanium edition will be offered in four colors only (ironically, titanium color not one of them) with a high level of content standard.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:00 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

Then elaborate on when the 06 will run through and when the 08 will start. Still makes ZERO sense to not offer an 07.

ps. anybody can just sign up to a chat board and say they are a salesman at a dealer. Unless you have documentation to back up your point this is really moot and total conjecture.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:47 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Then elaborate on when the 06 will run through and when the 08 will start. Still makes ZERO sense to not offer an 07.

ps. anybody can just sign up to a chat board and say they are a salesman at a dealer. Unless you have documentation to back up your point this is really moot and total conjecture.
Dell,

You seem to be really hung up on this no '07 issue. It makes prefect sense when you understand that Porsche wasn't able to make the production changeover to the updated truck until well into the traditional 2007 model year changeover. I assume this is due to the addition of the Q7 as well as '07 production changes to the VW that does not get a cosmetic upgrade. Rather than introduce a "late" 2007 they have decided to "brand' the updated Pepper as an '08. To fill the gap between the end of standard production on the '06 model and the beginning of production of the '08 they will produce a run of Peppers with limited options and colors. This is obviously being done so dealers will have inventory to sell. I would also expect, since their production costs should be lower (fewer options to track, stock and manufacture) that the dealers will get "incentives" from the mother ship to allow them to sell every one they get at a substantial margin off MSRP.

So far this has been confirmed by at least 3 people here on the forum and I have personally talked to 5 different dealerships in the search for my '04 CTT and every one of them confirmed this as well.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:54 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I am not hung up on it at all, just don't belive it till I see it. It makes ZERO business sense to sell a 2006 car (even with "limited" options) during a 2007 car season--we all saw what the 40th anny did in the 996 market (sold for times less than a simlarly optioned C2 and giving discounts off the lot of up to$20K since they couldn't unload it). Think about it when you are going to sell your car and you buy a 2006 during a 2007 season. Your car is ALREADY one year old before it is even purchased. Not good on the depreciation. A short 2007 model run with an early 08 introduction (spring) makes more sense.

I really could careless but like I said we will just have to find out. And having 3 people on an internet chat board isn't exactly what I call a direct line to PAG. I'll be the first to say, wow, they really did skip the 2007, if and when it happens.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:18 PM
mjw930
Rennlist Member

Dell,

A lot of things that Porsche does seem to make marginal sense to the American business sensibilities BUT they are the most profitable car company in the world regardless.

BTW, it's not just 3 people on the internet, it's EVERYONE who has bothered to ask the question of their dealers. I presented it here BECAUSE I felt anyone looking to buy an '06 needs to be aware of it and use it as a negotiation tactic.

Also, for people who bought early production run '06's it will actually enhance their resale since the overall model year depreciation will have the extended model year factored in. It's only the late model year buyers that are hurt BUT, if they get a sizeable % off MSRP it can make that hurt a lot more tolerable.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:24 PM
LVDell
Nordschleife Master

I give it the big WHATEVER

Like I said, show me some documentation and I will belive it.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:30 PM
jcr22042
Track Day

Actually, it makes perfect sense. When PCNA launched the Cayenne, it was an '03 model launched 6 months into the '03 model year. Two months later, they switched to '04 models. This pissed off many of the people who bought the '03's, most of who paid sticker and had a year old car after two-months. This way, the car, which for whatever reason is being launched WELL into the '07 model year, will not be "late", it will be early. And the customers who buy it will be rewarded with a newer model year. And yes, I really work at a P. dealer.

Quick Reply: Discounts on New '06 Cayenne S