Notices
Cayenne 955-957 2003-2010 1st Generation
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got the Gemballa exhaust. It looks used.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
You know what would have been classier? Asking me if I'll feel the HP difference in a thread titled: Will I feel an HP increase after I install a catback exhaust? :-).
If you can feel a HP difference of 6-13hp on a 5500# Cayenne S with 345hp (at the flywheel, not at the wheels.....I'm sure there's quite a bit of loss in this AWD system), you have probably the most calibrated behind in the world.

I'm sure you will perceive a difference after you install it; it's a matter of self induced hypnosis.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:24 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
If you can feel a HP difference of 6-13hp on a 5500# Cayenne S with 345hp (at the flywheel, not at the wheels.....I'm sure there's quite a bit of loss in this AWD system), you have probably the most calibrated behind in the world.

I'm sure you will perceive a difference after you install it; it's a matter of self induced hypnosis.
LTC, like I said before, I'll gladly discuss my behind's calibration and/or self induced hypnosis once I start a thread titled: Will I feel an HP increase after I install a catback exhaust?

Til then :-).
Old 05-04-2006, 05:33 PM
hamiam
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally Im tired of companies that charge alot and have sucky customer service. From what I have read on postings on this and other boards, Gemballa's customer service is terrible. I think you deserve: 1. a flawless/non-used/non-demo/brand spanking new product. 2. excellent customer service for what you have paid.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:27 PM
charlieXS
Pro

not bad damage HOWEVER, I'd expect PERFECTION for the price.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:11 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by charlieXS
HOWEVER, I'd expect PERFECTION for the price.
From a brand new item I'd expect perfection REGARDLESS of the price.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:13 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hamiam
Personally Im tired of companies that charge alot and have sucky customer service. From what I have read on postings on this and other boards, Gemballa's customer service is terrible. I think you deserve: 1. a flawless/non-used/non-demo/brand spanking new product. 2. excellent customer service for what you have paid.
Couldn't agree more, but it's easier to overlook less than excellent customer service as long as the product arrives looking the way it should.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Oh, that's a classy thing to say.

Fine.
If the exhaust is 'used', then you should be able to find combustion byproduct in the exhaust itself (i.e. someone bought it, tried it, didn't like it, returned it for refund). Have you done this?
Fine as well.
You should be able to also taste combustion byproduct from the exhaust pipes too. Have you done this?

In all seriousness,
I would not order the rims given your obvious less than satisfactory customer service, misinformation, labeling inconsistencies, and valid perception that the exhaust is less than a new item. Functionally it should be perfectly fine and once driven a few blocks it won't make a difference.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. I liken this to when my shorty gets a pair of Manolo Blahniks or Christian Louboutins and if they are not perfect out of the box (like a slight mar on them - I'm talking on the sole) she wants to exchange them. When, after walking on them for a block on the street, they will look used in a second.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:26 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Kooser, I've enjoyed the photos of your CTT on your mac page. I will be anxiously awaiting a photo reportage of your "shorty" tasting (err, testing) the fabspeed pipes you have planned for this summer, wearing nothing but Jimmy Choos. :-D

Now, in all seriousness. As you must see from my previous replies I said that I'm no longer interested in getting rims from them due to the condition of the exhaust, so I don't see the point behind "I would not order the rims ... " comment.

Lastly, this post specifically contains a visual, so that you'd look at it and give me an opinion on if it looks used/normal/ok to you or not. Not on whether there's a difference between 6 or 13HPS and/or not if I'll feel the difference.

Now that I've hopefully cleared it up, I'll be looking forward to those photos
Old 05-04-2006, 11:30 PM
charlieXS
Pro

From a brand new item I'd expect perfection REGARDLESS of the price.
well... I've been buying headers and mufflers and carburetors and manifolds, distributors, clutches, torque converters and fuel pumps for 25 years and the majority of it isn't packed very well. But honestly for the price of the Gemballa system I'd expect injected foam packaging foam for every component in every box. There has to be a price point somewhere. For a $75 fuel pump with red paint, there may be $7 profit margin... tough to spend $4 on packaging. But the Gemballa item is honestly a few hundred in "costs" the rest is gravy.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:42 AM
ffr996
Track Day

I have a gemballa exhaust in black, availble if anybody would be interesteded in it located in boston
Old 05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by ffr996
I have a gemballa exhaust in black, availble if anybody would be interesteded in it located in boston
Does it have any scratches on it?
ANy sign of combustion residue?
Old 05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
ffr996
Track Day

It arrived in the same condition as the pics. Its just dusty, Is sounded ferocious
Old 05-05-2006, 05:25 PM
Kooser
Pro

Kooser, I've enjoyed the photos of your CTT on your mac page. I will be anxiously awaiting a photo reportage of your "shorty" tasting (err, testing) the fabspeed pipes you have planned for this summer, wearing nothing but Jimmy Choos. :-D

Now, in all seriousness. As you must see from my previous replies I said that I'm no longer interested in getting rims from them due to the condition of the exhaust, so I don't see the point behind "I would not order the rims ... " comment.

Lastly, this post specifically contains a visual, so that you'd look at it and give me an opinion on if it looks used/normal/ok to you or not. Not on whether there's a difference between 6 or 13HPS and/or not if I'll feel the difference.

Now that I've hopefully cleared it up, I'll be looking forward to those photos
No pipes planned only catback sport exhaust - with my stock factory tips still.

All other Fabspeed products have come with a high mirrored polish and no sign of wear so we never had the need for taste testing!

I'll leave the posting of photos for a different site ... Rennlust.com
Old 05-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Chriz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess thats how we are. First we get you to buy our overpriced cars. Then we wait until you find out all the bugs. After that we sell you our used exhaust pipes.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:45 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chriz
I guess thats how we are. First we get you to buy our overpriced cars. Then we wait until you find out all the bugs. After that we sell you our used exhaust pipes.
This is how I perceived you, germans, until this AM when I received a very nice & unexpected "Sorry, we've f-d up" gesture in the form of pedal set & tail pipes

Quick Reply: Got the Gemballa exhaust. It looks used.