Purchased Victor Equipment 22" Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 08:27 PM
michaels
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purchased Victor Equipment 22" Wheels

First Post.

Okay, I chose to go ahead and purchase the Victor Equipment LeManns in Chrome for my 06 Cayenne S:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-PO...QQcmdZViewItem

Of course, right after I bought them I found a set at 1010tires.com for $500 less. I feel sick about this, so I am trying not to not think about it, alright people?

So does anyone have any tire suggestions? 285/35/R22

TireRack has the:
Michelin 4x4 Diamaris @$371
BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2 @ $274
Sumitomo HTR Sport H/P @ $224

I'll probably go with the Michelins just because I had them on my X5 and I managed to get around in a bit of snow without any big problems, whereas the I had the g-Force on my CLK and could not move. (I know, awd vs. rwd, i know... ) But it's just my gut feeling. Comments?

If you all are interested I can post some high res photos and a review when they arrive this Thursday...

-Michael
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2006, 12:08 AM
STATMAN
Rennlist Member

The Michelins and BFs are summer tires. I can't imagine the Michelins would be very good in the snow. The Sumitomo are all-seasons that are also decent performance tires. They are also cheapest. If you want to get better all-season use out of the new wheel/tire combo, the Sumitomo may be the way to go. I have been contemplating this choice myself as I decide whether or not to go with 20s or 22s. In Madison, WI, the all-season capability is rather important! It also is the case that the Cayenne seems to eat up Michelins, though good tires, like they were candy. I have never owned a set, but it always seems to me that people wit hthe 20s and 22s running the Diamaris go through them rather quickly.
Old 05-02-2006, 12:20 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

You should look at the Yokohama Advan ST...heard good things about it but not porsche approved..
So my pick would be the Diamaris
Old 05-02-2006, 12:28 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WRT the long term durability of the Michelins... If you use them for what they're best at--making a 5000lb truck handle like a 3500lb sedan--then you should not expect to get 40-50K out of them. I can say that they are pretty decent in LIGHT snow and are great in the rain/wet. I've even had them off-road on occasion and they were OK. I had them on my X5 and have them again on the Cayenne. One other benefit is that they are much easier to mount and balance on large rims than some other makes...the larger you go, the more susceptible your Cayenne is to vibration due to incorrect balancing.

If you can stomach the cost, the Diamaris are the best all around tire...
Old 05-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Kooser
Pro

I have the BF's with about 3500K on them, without any apparent wear. I have been checking closely because of many terrible wear reports. These are also fantastic in the rain. I have no vibration issues either. I haven't tried the Michelins or the Sumitomos but I plan on trying each to see which ones are the best "fit" for me. As far as snow is concerned -Wouldn't want to go there with any set. 18's will come out with the first flake.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:17 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

I hit the 1010tires site and they indicate the wheels are "Coming Soon".
I wouldn't feel too bad over the pricing. If I had none in stock, I'd offer great pricing as well.

Nice choice in wheels. I plan on doing the 20" version in silver for my '05 CS
Old 05-02-2006, 07:16 PM
michaels
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Scott C
I hit the 1010tires site and they indicate the wheels are "Coming Soon".
I wouldn't feel too bad over the pricing. If I had none in stock, I'd offer great pricing as well.

Nice choice in wheels. I plan on doing the 20" version in silver for my '05 CS
I did call 1010tires and spoke with someone (Rick?). I was told Victor Equipment wheels can be ordered by them and delivered within a week...

Ohwell, I am just looking forward to seeing these wheels. Thursday is the day!
Old 05-02-2006, 07:40 PM
Kooser
Pro

Do you have a good shop around you that can properly mount/seal/balance 22s?
Make sure they have a Hunter Road Force Measurement System/Vibration Control System Balancer.
Anticipation with getting these on eating at you I bet!
Old 05-03-2006, 09:02 PM
michaels
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Kooser
Do you have a good shop around you that can properly mount/seal/balance 22s?
Make sure they have a Hunter Road Force Measurement System/Vibration Control System Balancer.
Anticipation with getting these on eating at you I bet!
I was planning to ask my neighborhood garage to mount and balance them for me. (They have worked my cars since I was 16 : my LandCruisers, X5, CLK, FX45 (before it was jacked)...
Your comment concerned me so I actually ran over this afternoon and asked them again about mounting 22's. They assured me that they have the capability to mount and balance up to 24's... Actually I know someone who had 22's mounted on his Durango there. I feel confident in them.

But, all you pros out there --- Is there something I should out for? Some special method of mounting?

Thanks everyone.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
356driver
Racer

The Hunter Road Force balancing system measures a lot more than average balancing machines. Check throughout this forum for wheel vibration issues. Cayennes are hypersensitive to wheel balance so find a place with the best equipment and people who are trained to use it.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:02 PM
CJack
Intermediate

Default Victor Brand

In the bit of reserach I have done, I narrowed it down to a nice set of Victor Turismo's for the Pepper. Seems like very nice wheels for a very nice price! From all the threads, in different forums, from various sites its all about wieght, TUV ratings, etc. And it all points to OEM being the "best" yet these Victor's are made "for" P cars. So "michaels" has purchased Victor wheels has anyone else purchased this brand? Any comments on quality, performance? I have heard in another forum that these wheels are not "hub centric"...Anyone?

CJack
2002 Boxter
2005 Cayenne
Old 07-10-2006, 12:18 AM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by CJack
In the bit of reserach I have done, I narrowed it down to a nice set of Victor Turismo's for the Pepper. Seems like very nice wheels for a very nice price! From all the threads, in different forums, from various sites its all about wieght, TUV ratings, etc. And it all points to OEM being the "best" yet these Victor's are made "for" P cars. So "michaels" has purchased Victor wheels has anyone else purchased this brand? Any comments on quality, performance? I have heard in another forum that these wheels are not "hub centric"...Anyone?

CJack
2002 Boxter
2005 Cayenne
I;d be surprised if they're not hobcentric... they're only made for p-cars... and the 22" only fits a cayenne.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CJack

CJack
2002 Boxter
2005 Cayenne
I've had a set of 20" LeMans on my CS for about 2k miles. I've got Michelin Diamaris on the wheels.
So far, they have been great. Awesome build quality (They are made by TSW) and they are hub-centric.
I got mine at the P-Car dealer.
Old 07-10-2006, 06:49 PM
CJack
Intermediate

Thanks Charlie and Scott...I will post pictures...when I decide!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Hey crazy...I just put the Victor Equipment 22" Lemans series in black on mine this past weekend.

I love em they're great...I have them on Toyo Proxes...not exactly the best all season tire, but I live in Vegas so hey...

Ride quality is very close to stock, road noise actually improved, and they don't seem to affect acceleration much if at all.

I'll post pictures when I have the chance.

By the way...does anyone know where to get Porsche center caps for these things? I have the Victor Equipment center caps, and well...I don't like em. Thanks...

Quick Reply: Purchased Victor Equipment 22" Wheels