Sponsored by:

Cayenne 20" Tech Rims with tires from dealer, $4395

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Stone43
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne 20" Tech Rims with tires from dealer, $4395

My dealer is running a "special" on 20" Tech rims with Pirelli Rossos installed for $4395. Strangely enough (I know many of you will find this hard to believe) the asking price of $5,500 found few takers. He even offered me $800 trade in for my 18" turbo wheels with the same tires (measured 6-7/10 in depth wear).

What do you guys think about this deal? Basically $3600 out the door.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:27 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

For everything new, it seems like a reasonable price, especially since you won't pay shipping.
I'm assuming the dealer will include mounting the new tires.

Have them throw in a 4 wheel alignment as part of the deal....why not.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:02 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

I say go for it!
Attached Images  
Old 04-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Stone43
Racer

Targa Tim, that was just the type of picture I was looking for! Thanks.

I am still considering it, still a bit of $$ that will probably buy me nothing in the future when it comes time to sell.....
Old 04-19-2006, 02:40 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Call Sunset import ask for Jeff...maybe he can beat it, theyre in Oregon..
Also there's already a set that has 20X10 on the rears.. but giving you credit for the 18's would help a lot..but if youre going to go to mammoth or so i suggest keeping the 18;s for winter...
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex,

Don't be telling him to keep the 18" wheels, I was going to grab them!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Stone43
Racer

Alex, thanks for the tip. I was actually thinking about having them throw in a couple of additional goodies since they are the dealer I have bought 2 cars from. I guess the one thing that still bugs me is looking at the picture that Targa Tim sent, there is still that huge gap in the wheel well. That is part of the reason I am even doing this is to fill it up a bit. I also believe the Techno rims are 1" wider than the 18" turbos I have now. So that will help the look a little bit.

Keeping the 18's for winter is a good idea, but I would still have to throw on a different set of tires since I have the Pirellis on it now. Plus, I just don't like clutter. And I don't believe that the Technos are worth $4395 out of my pocket. Decisions, decisions........
Old 04-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stone43
Alex, thanks for the tip. I was actually thinking about having them throw in a couple of additional goodies since they are the dealer I have bought 2 cars from. I guess the one thing that still bugs me is looking at the picture that Targa Tim sent, there is still that huge gap in the wheel well. That is part of the reason I am even doing this is to fill it up a bit. I also believe the Techno rims are 1" wider than the 18" turbos I have now. So that will help the look a little bit.

Keeping the 18's for winter is a good idea, but I would still have to throw on a different set of tires since I have the Pirellis on it now. Plus, I just don't like clutter. And I don't believe that the Technos are worth $4395 out of my pocket. Decisions, decisions........
Keep the 18s.
My dealer stores my tires for $40 per year. That way you have no clutter and when you switch wheels out it makes things simple, no lugging around wheel/tire sets.

As far as filling the wheel well - get 22s The difference from the 18s to 20's is nowhere near as dramatic as with 22s, and like you said, if you are going to spend that kind of money out of pocket-why not make it worthwhile and look like you spent the coin.
Plus, just as Alex did, if you trade your car in later take the 20s or 22s, whichever you go with, and as long as they are in good condition you can find an interested buyer.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
Keep the 18s.
My dealer stores my tires for $40 per year. That way you have no clutter and when you switch wheels out it makes things simple, no lugging around wheel/tire sets.

As far as filling the wheel well - get 22s The difference from the 18s to 20's is nowhere near as dramatic as with 22s, and like you said, if you are going to spend that kind of money out of pocket-why not make it worthwhile and look like you spent the coin.
Plus, just as Alex did, if you trade your car in later take the 20s or 22s, whichever you go with, and as long as they are in good condition you can find an interested buyer.

First we should ask Stone if he has PASM or steel spring, he may not like the ride on the 22's
Old 04-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by alex911s
First we should ask Stone if he has PASM or steel spring, he may not like the ride on the 22's
VERY true and important.
Alex you changed your avatar on 6speedonline, why not here too?
What potential mods did you have in store for you Q7?
Old 04-19-2006, 03:47 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
VERY true and important.
Alex you changed your avatar on 6speedonline, why not here too?
What potential mods did you have in store for you Q7?

oopps i just changed it... no plans yet.... I have a credit with GIAC from my
ctt flash.. Dont know when it'll be available for the Q7
Old 04-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by alex911s
oopps i just changed it... no plans yet.... I have a credit with GIAC from my
ctt flash.. Dont know when it'll be available for the Q7
I thought the Cayenne Turbo Grill was aggressive looking, but the Audi has it beat hands down! Pedestrians Beware! Just like they said in the video, "scares small children"!
Old 04-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Stone43
Racer

To answer the question, no my CS does not have PASM. How does that affect 22" wheels/tires and the ride. I must admit, I really do like the ride I have now and the tires (Pirelli Rosso) are quite quiet (I had the same ones on my 996, and could not wait to get rid of them. And they wore out quickly, so my wait was short...).

I am definitely not looking for bling (hence my interest in these wheels), just size. And if I can add spacers to push them out a bit, I will. That is the one thing that has always bugged me about every damn Porsche I have owned, I have always had to do something to fill out those beautiful wheel wells they create.
Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 945 Likes on 576 Posts

Alex, can't wait to see a Q7 in the flesh. I love Audis new corporate nose and it looks great on the Q7 in the pictures. Now I'm just hoping for the TDI over here...
Old 04-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by Stone43
To answer the question, no my CS does not have PASM. How does that affect 22" wheels/tires and the ride. I must admit, I really do like the ride I have now and the tires (Pirelli Rosso) are quite quiet (I had the same ones on my 996, and could not wait to get rid of them. And they wore out quickly, so my wait was short...).

I am definitely not looking for bling (hence my interest in these wheels), just size. And if I can add spacers to push them out a bit, I will. That is the one thing that has always bugged me about every damn Porsche I have owned, I have always had to do something to fill out those beautiful wheel wells they create.
With 20s your ride won't suffer tremendously, but it will be alot stiffer and you'll feel the road & bumps alot more.

Yes it will most definitely affect your ride with 22s. I have the PASM and I felt the difference. On 18s I drove on the "Sport" setting, now with 22s I drive on the "Comfort" setting, not even "Normal". As far as louder tires, the BF's I have are louder than the Pirellis on my 18" wheels. As with 20" sport technos, with 22s you can also get 10" wide wheels for front and rear which will get you some of that "push out" look as you would from more narrow wheels with spacers. Size doesn't have to mean bling at all. Bling comes with the style of rim you choose regardless of size.

But just as many female patients say after having breast augmentation....I should have went BIGGER, you may say after getting only 20s. But without air susp, I might be inclined to only going with 20s and dropping the suspension to compensate.

Last edited by Kooser; 04-21-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Cayenne 20" Tech Rims with tires from dealer, $4395