Sponsored by:

Coils off warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 01:02 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Coils off warranty?

Ok I'm 2k over the warranty and of course now the cay is misfiring and I'm told needs "new coils"
Although a TSB was sent out on these they say there was no recall and I would have to $
Do all with the coil problem agree with this or should it be a warranty issue since was a know cay problem?

TIA
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2006, 01:11 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Ok I'm 2k over the warranty and of course now the cay is misfiring and I'm told needs "new coils".. Although a TSB was sent out on these they say there was no recall and I would have to $.. Do all with the coil problem agree with this or should it be a warranty issue since was a know cay problem? TIA
Ouch. Tough call. The dealer won't be reimbursed by PCNA so that's the rub for them.. If you service your car there and also on that "other" Porsche you have.. then I'd negotiate with them say.. I'll pay your labor if you eat the parts. Push hard and start with total disbelief that PAG won't cover and then and only then move to the compromise you eat some.. I eat some position. Good Luck.. let us know.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:34 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

The plus and coils are specifically excluded. It is not difficult for those who turn wrenches to perform, as my sig shows.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:39 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

thanks wingless, good post, but only good at replacing arteries, not coils!!! Guess I'll eat it!!
Attached Images  
Old 04-04-2006, 01:45 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Please ensure that the plugs are inspected and the plug gap set. The other CS failures caused the plugs to deteriorate.

On my CT, the plugs were okay, but the gap was WAY off.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:51 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

thanks MadFox good advise. oh yeah and that "other porsche" when it needed a plug change the rear bumper wheel wells etc had to come of and $650 came off my account.... so much for the DIY guys!!!! Wingless my hats off to you!
Old 04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
oh yeah and that "other porsche" when it needed a plug change the rear bumper wheel wells etc had to come of and $650 came off my account....
Yes, but that "other Porsche" still makes you smile, $650 rear bumper removal/spark plug change or not.....
Old 04-04-2006, 02:13 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Lewis, good to hear from you!! And that other porsche is worth every cent I spend on it!! And has always been strong and reliable!!!

Quick Reply: Coils off warranty?