Sponsored by:

Das Beast !

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:53 AM
JW3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Das Beast !

The wait is over. Yesterday, my wife and I took delivery of an '06 CTT at the factory in Leipzig. We are on vacation for the next 3 weeks and more will follow with pics.
In the meantime, thanks to each and everyone of you for all of the comments and advice. If I had to sum the experience right now and since I can't use any Nuclear words I will have to use the one phrase that best sums it up - There is NO SUBSTITUTE ! and that is the truth.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:58 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Congratz Johnnie.... having a blast arent ya?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:03 AM
Mikla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! I also enjoyed very much the pickup at Leipzig. It's a must IMO.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:18 AM
Kooser
Pro

I am green with envy. The hardest thing right now for you must be to take it easy while breaking in "das beast"
Congratulations, enjoy your vacation too.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
JW3
Racer

Thanks for the congrats. And, yes it is difficult during this break in period. Especially when cars behind flash for you to move over. But, there is a large amount of calm in knowing that one day they all will be saying "what the hell is that coming up in our rear view.........too late, it's gone !" This automible is awesome.
Thursday morning we are off to Austria and then Italy to some seaside Locations. Won't make to Amalfie this time but Livorno - I hope. Ever since we saw the photo of the Almalfie coastline from MadFox we are really wanting to go there.
Anyway, if any of you plan on buying a new Cayenne, I really recommend a few days in Leipzig, the off road course (no limits) and the track is just awesome. Also, if any of you are wanting a Guards Red Cayenne with Titanium colored trim on the B, C and door strips - your prayers may be answered (or not).
I am looking forward to sharing our photos and maybe a short trip report with you. More in a few weeks.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:12 PM
426H
Advanced

Congrats and good luck with das Beast! I will go to the Leipzig factory with my dealer in may. Hope I will get a few laps with the new GT3.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:25 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JW3
Thursday morning we are off to Austria and then Italy to some seaside Locations. Won't make to Amalfie this time but Livorno - I hope. Ever since we saw the photo of the Almalfie coastline from MadFox we are really wanting to go there.
Anyway, if any of you plan on buying a new Cayenne, I
Please go to Cafe Shatz in Salzburg if you go near Austria. Best damn cakes and deserts. Ugh, to be back there eating one of thier pastries.
Its the second or third rung of the old walls on the old part of Salzburg. Very near the expensive watch shop.

(Of course, this was 8 years ago, many things may have changed)
Old 03-28-2006, 02:41 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JW3
Thursday morning we are off to Austria and then Italy to some seaside Locations. Won't make to Amalfie this time but Livorno - I hope.
Livorno area and Pisa/Florence are "must do". In April it should be getting green and thus you should be able to make some great pics on non-rainy days. ENJOY!!
Originally Posted by JW3
Ever since we saw the photo of the Almalfie coastline from MadFox we are really wanting to go there.
Here's the pic of the Amalfi coastline from a little restaurant in Positano looking towards Amalfi. May have to go back to that as my avatar.. although the P-3 over Mt. Etna in Sicily gets a few comments, too.
Originally Posted by JW3
I am looking forward to sharing our photos and maybe a short trip report with you. More in a few weeks.
You better and be sure to have the CTT in the shots every now and then like on the little road infront of the leaning tower or on the main bridge in Florence! Ciao Amico!

p.s. whoops, at Panera having lunch with my laptop! Will upload the digital pic in a hour or two!
Attached Images  

Last edited by MadFox; 03-28-2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Upload Positano-Amalfi pic.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
phantomias33
Rennlist Member

Excellent news Johnnie! Glad you finally got it. I'm taking off around the 9th/10th of April for 3 months...will you be back before then? I'll have to wash and detail mine so I can take some pictures with you and yours.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:59 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by JW3
Also, if any of you are wanting a Guards Red Cayenne with Titanium colored trim on the B, C and door strips - your prayers may be answered (or not).
Congrats, Johnnie...assume you've seen the guards red over there on the Continent....it's not yours, right? Can't wait to see pics of your trip...

I second that Salzburg has to be the coolest small city in western Europe. If you've never had it, try the Mozart liqueur...it's like chocolate milk for adults...kind of like another kids' drink we all know and love
Old 03-28-2006, 11:07 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree Alan that coastline is wonderfull. I used to spend time at "that" base around the corner.

Old 03-28-2006, 11:14 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations, Johnnie! My next car will definitely be via european delivery.

Madfox, very nice picture. Can you share the rest? I'll show you mine (Como) if you show me yours :-D
Old 03-29-2006, 11:08 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mudman2
I agree Alan that coastline is wonderfull. I used to spend time at "that" base around the corner.
Napoli es molte bene! Bella donne! Magnifico cibo!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:10 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by EnigmaWmn
Madfox, very nice picture. Can you share the rest? I'll show you mine (Como) if you show me yours :-D
I have had a Nikon D100 for several years now.. LOVE it. Guess I should add a copyright and pay for use on that shot. I have lots of photos.. too many to post and this is a car forum. I'll post a Leaning Tower photo that is spectacular when I get to the office. Ciao!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:52 AM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MadFox
I have had a Nikon D100 for several years now.. LOVE it.
I have a D70, love it as well. Are you a member of the NC by any chance? If you have the photos uploaded somewhere just provide a link :-)

Here are mine: Como and since you mentioned, here's Firenze taken with a 5700.

Last edited by EnigmaWmn; 06-06-2006 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Das Beast !