PCM2 NAV update W522

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:23 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shamus
Well - it's the end of a long day at the office. Thanks for allowing me a little entertainment. This one was much better than the Nor'Easter of 1997 and the prank of 26 inches of snow. Happy April 1st - You guys are too smart - or I need to be more careful about spelling Navteq. I'll go with the former.

Bravo.. maybe this should be an April Fool's Thread --- tell your best..

The only one close to this April Fool's joke that I did was in college! I called my mother and told her that I had gotten expelled for putting a bra and panties on the founder's statue in front of the administration building with some other guys. She ripped into me about losing my scholarships and what was I thinking and/or drinking? Then hung up the phone.. This is 30 years ago guys before cell phones etc. My dad called up about 15 minutes later and said.. You're mom is still hyperventilating.. am I to assume this was an April Fool's joke.. I said.. Yes.. he laughed so hard that he hung up the phone.. Mom called later and apologized for "losing it".

And yours????????
Old 04-02-2006, 10:01 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well there was this one from a few years ago:

http://65.61.16.109/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7837

But I would say my best was when I mocked a web-page to look like one of our HR web pages. We were going through a payroll conversion at the time. The release indicated that the payroll conversion had gone badly and that all the data was lost. Payroll would be delayed for three weeks while the data was manually reentered. People were encouraged to use credit cards for cash and purchases and finance charges would be reimbursed.

Within moments I had the Administrative Office Manager in the Office Managing Partner's face yelling and screaming about the situation. Other colleagues throughout the country replicated it and used it in their offices.

By far my finest hour.

Quick Reply: PCM2 NAV update W522