Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 04:40 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by curveraider
Hello current and past inmate of the Cayenne order,

Yes I am concerned about going naked on the car as all of the past post I have read have lead me to drink kool-aide.

Actually there are 2 different CS's at 2 different dealers. The first is at Maplewood Imports in MN. Yes, I am in California, but it is a '05 is PASM, heated seats Bi-xenons and the tow package. It does not have NAV, but I really don't want it because I think there are many aftermarket solutions that are very good. This truck is below $50k asking and has 11k miles. I am a little worried by the fact that they are real agressive on the price, the CS is fairly new, with low miles but no CPO. I have asked them about getting it certified and they have not gotten back to me... However, JimB on the 993 board, who is in MN and knows a few guys at Maplewood has stepped up and is going to find out the real story on this truck.

The second naked CS is at Sonnen Porsche here in California. This one is $6k more the one in MN and is a '04 and has twice the milage. Although the pricing is higher, it seems to be more in line with other PASM CS's that I have seen. At least this one I can drive by and look at myself. The only problem is that this one does not have the tow package and it does have NAV. I can live with the stock NAV, as long as they give me the latest CD's that I have recently read about on this board.

Anybody have any dealings with either of these dealers?

Thanks again guys,
Hi Arlen,

You're too late on the CS is Maplewood. Rumor has it a crazy Texan and his wife flew into town on Friday, bought the truck and drove it home over the weekend. It supposedly now sits in a garage in Dallas that closely resembles mine!

To be fair, I had begun the deal early last week so don’t throw rocks at me thinking I snaked your truck!

The price was too good to pass and the options were perfect. Sadly, the car was not well advertised on the Porsche website because it was CPO car.
I found it was CPO after calling on the car.

Maplewood was great to work with and really top-notch.
I have the window sticker, all records and spent about 45 minutes with the tech that had serviced the car.
Outside of the usual electronic "programming" that is required with these cars, the only major issue was a heater core that failed at around 5k miles.

This caused some issues with cabin odor that have been worked out.

We drove it home at 80MPH and got 19-20 MPG.

I really like the PASM...... I hope their system is better than Audi's air system on the Allroad. Hopefully the PASM will stay together.

Oh yeah, and the wheels are butt ugly........ Definitely the first thing I'm changing!

Scott
Old 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Like Worf mentioned....... I'm actually cutting back from mainlining and going to a diluted Kool-Aid.

After spending 5 years going through a 928 from stem to stern, a Cayenne will be a piece of cake!
Old 03-27-2006, 05:17 PM
curveraider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems Scott, I am glad to hear that ended up in Rennlist hands. The distance thing really had me tied up on that one anyway. Driving to TX is much closer then driving to CA.

Enjoy the ride
Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM
curveraider
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alex, thanks for the heads up. This one looks real nice, no CPO but with the options it has and the mileage left on it, I think I will be ok. I just wish it was an 05, Silver and located in the state of MN... Just kidding Scott
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
worf928
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,050 Posts

hmmm... so get the 928 and tow the 944 with it. Niiiice, and I live close to DEVEK.
You're all set then!

But to be honest, I think the wife is still going to want the Cayenne.
She'll probably want the 928 and the Cayenne. If she's anything like mine she'll want the 928, the C4S, and the 944 and stick you with the Pepper
Old 03-27-2006, 05:50 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Alex, thanks for the heads up. This one looks real nice, no CPO but with the options it has and the mileage left on it, I think I will be ok. I just wish it was an 05, Silver and located in the state of MN... Just kidding Scott

Yes, 1000 miles to TX beats about 2000 miles to NCAL.

I'll get some pics posted when I get back home........ This sucks...... I picked up the truck, drove it home and then left this morning for a week long business trip.

Now, *hopefully* it's sitting the garage. Unless my wonderful wife had decided to trade her Audi for the Pepper this week. I can see where she might get confused. Both are silver and AWD.

Good luck in your search.
I did see aTitanium/Gray at Hennessy in Atlanta. It had 5k miles and they were asking $48.9k. No PASM or heated seats. I think there may be a few dollars to move on this one as well.

Quick Reply: CPO vs non-CPO