Sponsored by:

NAVTEQ NEWS

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation NAVTEQ NEWS

I just called Navteq and have a bit of good news.....
With all of my previous calls the agents would not have any information available that indicated that updates were planned for release.
However, today when I checked, low and behold, there is now some release information. Their computers now say "late spring", no date, but at least a time frame and an indication that some CD's are down the pike for us.

Hang in there, and continue to push on.
Old 03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
jpr993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I picked up the 08.2005 update from the dealership on Monday. Many more roads than my 11.2004 DVD disc. I think the issue with the release being purely available from Navteq is that the PCM also requires a firmware upgrade. Maybe this is the logistic they are trying to resolve now.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:50 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kooser
....Their computers now say "late spring", no date, but at least a time frame and an indication that some CD's are down the pike for us.
That is great news.

So that would mean that the PCNA NAV update on CD will coincide with the release of the Dension MOST iPod adapter....both are saying "late spring".
Old 03-24-2006, 03:08 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But a PCNA conversion factor must be calculated.
Late spring =

June 20th + 365days - 37days

{# lunar cycles x 2}
Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEWIS!!!!
Looks like the PTS is starting to break - first you find yourself reading Cayenne Forum Posts, next (now) replying, before you know it you will be dreaming of Koolaid while visions of "!" dance in your head.

Welcome back, it hasn't been the same - Lots of "where do I carry my laundry posts".... Stick around you're gonna need us when the full memory of Cayenne ownership comes back.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:33 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Shamus
LEWIS!!!!
Looks like the PTS is starting to break - first you find yourself reading Cayenne Forum Posts, next (now) replying, before you know it you will be dreaming of Koolaid while visions of "!" dance in your head..
Never in a million years.

Welcome back, it hasn't been the same - Lots of "where do I carry my laundry posts".... Stick around you're gonna need us when the full memory of Cayenne ownership comes back.
It's (memory and/or the Cayenne) not coming back......ever.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Torags
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEWIS!!!!
Looks like the PTS is starting to break - first you find yourself reading Cayenne Forum Posts, next (now) replying, before you know it you will be dreaming of Koolaid while visions of "!" dance in your head.

It must be the addictive qualities of the Kool Aid.....

Hi Lewis...
Old 03-25-2006, 06:34 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Nope, no meds, no longer a resident of the 'vacation villa', no more Cayenne supppositories, no more tight fitting pajamas.......

It took about 30 seconds after the Cayenne was gone to start feeling immediately better.
The 'last ride' was memorable: PASM, PSM, Accumulator error messages and a complete loss of trailer lighting.....just the way the last memory of my 'dearly departed Cayenne' should be.

I'm just hanging around in the hopes that the person who buys it ends up here asking a bunch of questions.......
Old 03-25-2006, 06:35 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ltc
That is great news. So that would mean that the PCNA NAV update on CD will coincide with the release of the Dension MOST iPod adapter....both are saying "late spring".
I'm drinking the CD NAV Kool-aid as fast as I can. So far, has anyone gotten the stated response in 15 days (cough) as PCNA said they would??? It appears that the stonewalling has begun.

Oh, and Hi! Lewis... glad to see that the permanent forum membership card for all Cayenne owners (past or present) works.
Old 03-25-2006, 06:44 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MadFox
I'm drinking the CD NAV Kool-aid as fast as I can. So far, has anyone gotten the stated response in 15 days (cough) as PCNA said they would??? It appears that the stonewalling has begun.
I know of a 'guy' (no names) who waited MUCH longer than 15 days when a certifed/registered letter was sent to PCNA (on legal office letterhead).......give me a few minutes....I'm sure his name/avatar will come to me.......

Originally Posted by MadFox
Oh, and Hi! Lewis... glad to see that the permanent forum membership card for all Cayenne owners (past or present) works.
I prefer to think of it as a 'survivor's benefit exemption'.......

Remember: I won, the Cayenne lost.

Quick Reply: NAVTEQ NEWS