Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey guys...New Member here...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006 | 09:38 PM
alcantara
Advanced

Default Hey guys...New Member here...

I've been lurking for quite some time. I recently traded in my 2004 RX-8 for a 2004 olive green Cayenne S with every option except PASM.

I wish I could have gotten PASM and originally I didn't like the color too much, but it has really grown on me alot. Looks black most of the time, but has a british racing green color to it in the sunlight.

Picked this thing up for $48K with 4,000 miles on the clock. Strangely enough the former owner of this cayenne was the director of Law and Order. (salesman was a friend of the family.)

Overall I feel like I did very well, and I'm enjoying the vehicle alot. Oh yeah by the way I had the dealer install the Raytel tellphone 4000 bluetooth unit, and I highly recommend it as a viable bluetooth solution for the Cayenne.

Here's some pics...sorry I don't have anything better.

And before anyone says anything I'm aware of all the quirks that come with Cayenne ownership...I'm used to it...I've owned several rotary sports cars
Old 03-11-2006 | 09:46 PM
Zin
Instructor

Nice ride! And welcome to the board! If I may suggest, Hoen has great bulbs for your driving lights to match your Xenon headlights. www.hoen-usa.com
Old 03-11-2006 | 09:49 PM
alcantara
Advanced

Hey thanks! I was actually searching for some replacements...

I've worked on Porsches before...please dont' tell me I have to remove 20 different parts and the front bumper to replace those driving lights...
Old 03-11-2006 | 09:51 PM
rbennett
Drifting

Welcome aboard!!

Great people here to chat with!!! and a few you have to argue with
Old 03-12-2006 | 01:32 AM
Zin
Instructor

Originally Posted by alcantara
Hey thanks! I was actually searching for some replacements...

I've worked on Porsches before...please dont' tell me I have to remove 20 different parts and the front bumper to replace those driving lights...
Only a few parts, it's not bad at all. If you check out Mudman's gallery he has photos if I remember correctly. Otherwise I have some I can post. I'v had the Hoen bulbs in since September and they are still going strong.
Old 03-12-2006 | 01:56 AM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

And before anyone says anything I'm aware of all the quirks that come with Cayenne ownership...I'm used to it...I've owned several rotary sports cars
Quirks? What quirks? We call them "glitches" amongst the alpha and beta test crews. But, whether its quirks or glitches, welcome.. the official drink is purplesaurus rex and it is really good if you mix in some adult additive! A great forum if you do run into any of the well known and documented problems.. always great to walk into the service dept. with a forum posting in hand when you need to get a dealer to fix something that they haven't been able to figure out to date. Congrats .
Old 03-13-2006 | 03:27 AM
Rennlist Member

Congrats and it sounds like you got a really decent deal!
Old 03-13-2006 | 03:50 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Congrats
Old 03-13-2006 | 07:02 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Great color. Great deal. Best of luck with it.
Old 03-14-2006 | 12:13 AM
alcantara
Advanced

Really? I thought that most people wouldn't like the color. Not that I care what others think, but you know...it is green
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:26 PM
Budget M3
Racer

Not that I care what others think ...
Right on...If you bought a Cayenne to impress someone else, then you are clearly hanging around the wrong forum, too. If this post offends, I invite you to check out www.iboughtaporschetoimpressmyfriends.net
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:43 PM
EnigmaWmn
Just call me Pops
Rennlist Member

Really? I thought that most people wouldn't like the color. Not that I care what others think, but you know...it is green
What's not to like? We all know what the color "green" is associated with

Btw, lots of Cayennes in LV?

And lastly, congrats on the purchase.
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:44 PM
alcantara
Advanced

Hahaha nope I bought the SUV because I'm a sports car guy whose life required an SUV...

But thanks for that link....pretty entertaining

As far as Cayennes in LV, well I see a few here and there. Not nearly as many Cayennes as Range Rovers, X5's, FX35/45, RX330, etc...

But not quite as rare as other Porsche models or my Honda, or the Mazda that I traded in. The Honda is a little more limited in production though so I think that's to be expected, and well let's face it...as great as the RX-8 is it's not selling all that well.

Thanks for the comments guys
Old 03-14-2006 | 11:52 PM
alcantara
Advanced

Here's a few pics of the old rig...she will be missed...and I will always be a rotary nut. Strangely enough Dr. Felix Wankel was German...so maybe German designs in general are what hook me

Old 03-15-2006 | 01:35 AM
Budget M3
Racer

I've owned two 1st gen RX-7's in the past...and I share your rotary enthusiasm. There is not a smoother engine for it's size and power--ANYWHERE. Now if Mazda could just fix the physics so that they don't burn oil and gas like there's no tomorrow...

Quick Reply: Hey guys...New Member here...