Sponsored by:

Off Road Tech Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 09:55 PM
jhunt@huntinter
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off Road Tech Package

Anyone ever order one? What about the rear spare tire carrier?

Are they even available?

Thanks

John
Old 03-10-2006, 08:27 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I see one driving around near me, off road and rear wheel carrier. I dont like the look of the carrier on the back tho. I think its an 06 but it could be an 05.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:20 AM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

You've gotta love the rear tire. As I understant that's a perm addition - to remove you have to remove the rear bumper and replace. my dealer had a CTT deeply discounted last year because they could not move it with the rear tire.
Old 03-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shamus
You've gotta love the rear tire. As I understant that's a perm addition - to remove you have to remove the rear bumper and replace. my dealer had a CTT deeply discounted last year because they could not move it with the rear tire.
AWWWE Commmme onn. The spare with tire cover is not THAT bad is it? You are going to offend those that have it mounted already.
It does make the Cayenne look more rugged, more like a truck, rather than "sports-carish"
Old 03-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Chriz
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your Cayenne is equipied with the spare wheel bracket you have to open the spare wheel bracket first and move it to its final position in order to open the rear lid. I dont find that very handy. Im a lazy guy and for me its too much hassle to move the wheel bracket every time i want to access the luggage compartment.
Old 03-10-2006, 02:50 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I used to own a Jeep that had the swing out spare. I found it not that big of a hassle and you had a full sized spare.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:10 PM
Shamus
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
AWWWE Commmme onn. The spare with tire cover is not THAT bad is it? You are going to offend those that have it mounted already.
It does make the Cayenne look more rugged, more like a truck, rather than "sports-carish"
No opinion as to whether its good or bad - just wanted to be sure he knew it couldn't be easily removed if he (like some of us lazy types) didn't like it.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:16 PM
356driver
Racer

Reasons to own the spare tire carrier are you either like the look or want the safety of a full size spare while off-roading. If you like the look then you scratch both itches. If you simply want the full size spare, then another option is to tie one down in the cargo compartment when you off-road. I must admit to feeling a little concerned without a full size spare during some of my off-roading adventures.

As for the off-road package, you will have to get into some pretty incredible places before you need it. At that level I (personally) would question why I took my expensive Cayenne into those places. I have done a fair amount of off-roading and have yet to find the limits of the standard package with PASM, which is really useful for the extra ground clearance.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2006, 12:26 PM
04BlackTanTurbo
Intermediate

I have the rear spare tire holder on my cayenne turbo. It looks good and makes the truck look more like an SUV, although it's a pain to have to open it everytime to get into the back. I decided against getting it when I ordered my new Cayenne Turbo S that is supposed to be built this month.

Here's a pic of it.

http://www.perenold.com/gallery/main...serialNumber=2

Quick Reply: Off Road Tech Package