Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport Technos on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

By the looks of the wheel, I would have priced them at triple that for the set. Great deal, within OEM specs too. Now I see why you have some extra change, a.k.a. "cabbage" to spend on the other upgrades you want. The grill can be pricey because they have to remove the whole front bumper. You might as well have the skid plate put in at the same time. By the way, the skid plate is stainless steel and doesn't match with the aluminum. But it needs to be, because the other "aluminum" stuff is neither tough, nor rust proof, not even rust resistant. Rear spoiler is also pricey with the labor. The roof rails are not so bad, clear side markers you can do yourself. Tips from fabspeed or evo at $ 550 for the set is a good deal compared to OEM.
But the crap just adds up doesn't it! Thousands, and just because it is a Porsche, and accessories are way overpriced.

Last edited by Kooser; 03-10-2006 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:02 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, Porsche parts are overpriced... I just got my clearsidemarkers in UPS a minute ago... lol at SEITENBLINKLEUCHTE

side blinking light...

OH and KOOSER, where'd you ge that dead pedal? That's NICE, I want one.
Old 03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by charlieXS
yeah, Porsche parts are overpriced... I just got my clearsidemarkers in UPS a minute ago... lol at SEITENBLINKLEUCHTE

side blinking light...

OH and KOOSER, where'd you ge that dead pedal? That's NICE, I want one.
http://www.eagleday.com/cayenne1.html Install from the dealer is about 1 hour labor - so add about $120 to the purchase price, unless you plan on doing it yourself.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:14 PM
juranti
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Staggered vs. normal

Looking to upgrade to Sport Techno wheels but don't know whether to go with staggered versions or the standard ones. Any significant advantage to one or the other? Any experiences? Thanks.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Kooser
Pro

Couldn't compare non-staggered vs. staggered with handling differences. I imagine non-perceptible. Only negative I could see would be less uniform rotation ability when rotating tires for more even wear and longer life if you have 9" up front and 10" at back. LONGER LIFE with respect to tires and the Cayenne would be considered by some to be an oxymoron though. Tire wear while having all seasons for me on the turbo was not bad at all. 20k and still with a decent amount of tread - > 6/32" left. I don't drive it like it's stolen, but I do drive very aggressively.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:32 PM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by juranti
Looking to upgrade to Sport Techno wheels but don't know whether to go with staggered versions or the standard ones. Any significant advantage to one or the other? Any experiences? Thanks.
I dont know if there's advantage but the Cayenne Turbo S have the same setup, so you should be ok with 20 X 10 in ther rear
Old 03-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by alex911s
Contact oproulx from 6speed, here's his car, with Porsche cap
Thx, Alex...I'd like to contact him... I've tried registering at 6speedonline, but the site will not allow me to register with a common domain email address (e.g. yahoo, hotmail, etc.). I use my yahoo address as my primary personal email, and never even check my ISP-provided email. Emails to the admins on that site have gone unanswered...any idea how to get hold of him?
Old 03-11-2006, 12:52 AM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by Budget M3
Thx, Alex...I'd like to contact him... I've tried registering at 6speedonline, but the site will not allow me to register with a common domain email address (e.g. yahoo, hotmail, etc.). I use my yahoo address as my primary personal email, and never even check my ISP-provided email. Emails to the admins on that site have gone unanswered...any idea how to get hold of him?
Identical situation for me too. I was able to register via a private email account, but it is taking forever to be able to post. Emails to the "contact us" address have gone unanswered for weeks now?
Old 03-12-2006, 03:29 AM
alex911s
Man of Many Porsches
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Here's his last email to me:

"""I actually had the center cap made... My wheel dealer provided me with a blank centercap and I then had a sticker made by a company here in Montreal called Sticky Grafix (www.stickygrafix.com). The total job ended up costing me 30$ Canadian so about 24$ US... So far so good, the stickers are holding up against my pressure washer... If u need any more info, gimme a call on my cell (514) 704-8060 Oliver""""

hope this helps
Old 03-13-2006, 12:24 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Yes...very helpful, Alex. Oliver also PM'd me with the details. I sent a note off to sitckygrafix, so hope to hear back from them on Monday...

Quick Reply: Sport Technos on eBay