Sponsored by:

Rosen Bluetooth wiring

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 01:18 AM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rosen Bluetooth wiring

I just had a Rosen VC1000 wired into my CT. The installer wired it to the ignition of the car. So, when I reach my destination and want to continue talking I have to leave the engine running. The minute I turn off the engine the power to the Rosen is cut. The only way to continue talking is to transfer the call from the Rosen to my cell phone.
I'd like it to work like the Mercedes phone which allows you to continue your call even after the engine is turned off. In other words, the Rosen would power off with the radio.

When I brought the CT back to have them remedy this the installer said he had never wired one like that but it could be done by getting the power off the radio wire (and something about a relay switch). Which required some fishing and about an hour and 1/2.

Does anyone know if it can it be done at the fuse box or does the installer have to find the radio power lead and splice into it?

Thanks,

John
Old 03-08-2006, 10:00 AM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

The 1.5 hours is a little high.
He is talking about having the Rosen power controlled by the radio. This is done by connecting a relay to the amplifier turn-on lead from the radio. Very common practice. However, he will have to use a volt meter and probe all the wires from the radio to identify which one is used for turn-on.

It sounds to me like he doesn't fully understand the Cayenne wiring and is learning on your car.
Allow him the 1.5 hours be negotiate a 0.5 hour or 0.75 hour rate with the sales person.

You should be able to find an auxiliary power point that stays on when the car is turned off but pulled back one notch with the key. Just like when you kill the engine and leav the radio running.

Good luck.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:53 AM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JMK
I just had a Rosen VC1000 wired into my CT. The installer wired it to the ignition of the car. So, when I reach my destination and want to continue talking I have to leave the engine running. The minute I turn off the engine the power to the Rosen is cut. The only way to continue talking is to transfer the call from the Rosen to my cell phone.
I'd like it to work like the Mercedes phone which allows you to continue your call even after the engine is turned off. In other words, the Rosen would power off with the radio.

When I brought the CT back to have them remedy this the installer said he had never wired one like that but it could be done by getting the power off the radio wire (and something about a relay switch). Which required some fishing and about an hour and 1/2.

Does anyone know if it can it be done at the fuse box or does the installer have to find the radio power lead and splice into it?

Thanks,

John
JMK,
How do you like the Rosen? I am considering it for my cayenne. Does the Rosen mute the car stereo when you get an incoming call? Does the phone audio play through one of the stereo speakers or did you install a seperate speaker? Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 11:34 AM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott C
The 1.5 hours is a little high.
He is talking about having the Rosen power controlled by the radio. This is done by connecting a relay to the amplifier turn-on lead from the radio. Very common practice. However, he will have to use a volt meter and probe all the wires from the radio to identify which one is used for turn-on.

It sounds to me like he doesn't fully understand the Cayenne wiring and is learning on your car.
Allow him the 1.5 hours be negotiate a 0.5 hour or 0.75 hour rate with the sales person.

You should be able to find an auxiliary power point that stays on when the car is turned off but pulled back one notch with the key. Just like when you kill the engine and leav the radio running.

Good luck.
Thanks, for the info.

J
Old 03-08-2006, 11:57 AM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TestnDoc
JMK,
How do you like the Rosen? I am considering it for my cayenne. Does the Rosen mute the car stereo when you get an incoming call? Does the phone audio play through one of the stereo speakers or did you install a seperate speaker? Thanks

The Rosen seems to be working pretty well. It does have a radio mute function. A graphic comes up on the PCM when the radio is muted to let you know that an external phone is connected when the radio mutes.

It does not tie into the speakers in the Cayenne it has it own speaker that's mounted under the glove box. Plenty of volume. Sound quality is fine.

One slick feature on the Rosen is when you receive an incoming call and you have programmed that number using voice activation it announces the incoming call with the programmed VA name of the caller.

I mounted it in the sunglasses holder right in front of the rear view mirror. It's handy there because you can conceal it when it's not in use. However, when it's open it does slightly interfere with the full view of the mirror.

Hope that helps.

J
Old 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

It sounds like the unit may not be wired correctly. Most systems have two voltage source inputs, one is always on and one is switched with the ignition. It may be that those are not properly connected, providing those results.

The web site for those products does not contain any information that would permit providing any additional help. But, perhaps the documentation included with the installation would define the proper connections. Also, it is likely that the wiring may be observed by examining the fuse panel(s). Remove the fuse panel cover(s) and see which numbered circuits are used for power.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Kooser
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JMK
The Rosen seems to be working pretty well. It does have a radio mute function. A graphic comes up on the PCM when the radio is muted to let you know that an external phone is connected when the radio mutes.

It does not tie into the speakers in the Cayenne it has it own speaker that's mounted under the glove box. Plenty of volume. Sound quality is fine.

One slick feature on the Rosen is when you receive an incoming call and you have programmed that number using voice activation it announces the incoming call with the programmed VA name of the caller.

I mounted it in the sunglasses holder right in front of the rear view mirror. It's handy there because you can conceal it when it's not in use. However, when it's open it does slightly interfere with the full view of the mirror.

Hope that helps.

J
Sounds very interesting. What MY CT do you have? Does your PCM have the button on the top left with a phone logo? How much for the unit and install? So you needed the optional External Loudspeaker (AC3275). Did you also require optional Radio Mute Relay (AC3332)? and last but not least, Could you post a few pics please?
Thanks
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
Sounds very interesting. What MY CT do you have? Does your PCM have the button on the top left with a phone logo? How much for the unit and install? So you needed the optional External Loudspeaker (AC3275). Did you also require optional Radio Mute Relay (AC3332)? and last but not least, Could you post a few pics please?
Thanks
I have an 06 CT. Yes, It does have the phone icon on the top left.
The whole install including all parts was around 750.00.
Not sure about the radio mute relay.
I'll post some pics later today.

J
Old 03-09-2006, 12:00 PM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kooser
Thanks
Here's a shot of the Rosen.

J
Attached Images  
Old 03-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by JMK
Here's a shot of the Rosen.

J
Very clean install tucked away there. It almost looks like you still have enough room for a pair of sunglasses still.

Thanks, I just might duplicate what you've done.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:27 PM
TestnDoc
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

JMK,

Does incoming call information (name, number) show up on the Rosen unit?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:43 PM
JMK
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TestnDoc
JMK,

Does incoming call information (name, number) show up on the Rosen unit?

Yes, and if you have programmed names using the voice activation it will also repeat the recorded name when that person is calling. I think you can store up to 30 voice activated names in memory.

J

Last edited by JMK; 03-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:57 PM
MeanMachine
Three Wheelin'

Wow, Very Clean Install! Professionally Installed

Quick Reply: Rosen Bluetooth wiring