Sponsored by:

Emblems, emblems... or not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:56 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emblems, emblems... or not?

So... what the heck do I do with my rear deck?

It came with the UGLY black Cayenne logo (v6)

I'm thinking what to do with it.

When I see a Cv6, I say to myself "Oh it's a V6 like mine, too bad we all couldn't afford the extra cabbage for at CTT/S."

When I see a Cayenne with black calipers and Cayenne S emblem, I say "Ahh... someone trying to convince his neighbors he has the extra cabbage to buy CTT/S".

When I see a Cayenne with NO rear emblem, I think hmmm... why's he trying to hide the fact he didn't have the extra cabbage to buy the CTT/S...

I've seen a Porsche Crest on the rear deck of a Cayenne... and thought "Hmmm... someone trying to look like he doesn't want to look like someone who tries to not look like someone who didn't have the extra cabbage to buy CTT/S"

So what to do with my rear deck?

Right now I have an extra Cayenne S logo here on my desk, I was considering putting the SILVER CAYENNE (no S) on the deck, it'd be a better match with the aluminum trim on the Cayenne.

Thoughts?
Old 03-06-2006, 03:10 PM
MadFox
Pepper Bartender
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlieXS
So... what the heck do I do with my rear deck? It came with the UGLY black Cayenne logo (v6)
Agree. Ugly.
So what to do with my rear deck? Right now I have an extra Cayenne S logo here on my desk, I was considering putting the SILVER CAYENNE (no S) on the deck, it'd be a better match with the aluminum trim on the Cayenne. Thoughts?
Thoughts, opinions... on this forum???
IMHO, I think most folks now know what a Cayenne is. So, if you like the silver - put it on.. badge honesty is good (i.e. no S). 99% of the people you pass, will wonder what it is coming up on them and don't know how a Porsche is badged.. when you pass, they'll see it is a Cayenne. I know some de-badge; but, if you don't live in a high crime area or drive to one, then the chances of someone ripping it off your vehicle and thus marring the paint or using a screwdriver to peel it off, etc. are small. So, it's your vehicle.. do what you want to!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:28 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You could always send the 'Cayenne' emblem to Eric at www.bumperplugs.com (rennlist sponsor and good guy); he'll paint the emblem any color you want/like.
Subtle, yet distinctive.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I run debadged to avoid giving the vandals a target when I go to the city.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

How about confusing the population and get a Carrera badge and slap it on there.

When people ask, you can tell them you got the 4x4 option on the Carrera.

Old 03-06-2006, 04:04 PM
charlieXS
Pro

Originally Posted by Scott C
How about confusing the population and get a Carrera badge and slap it on there.

When people ask, you can tell them you got the 4x4 option on the Carrera.

lmao...

omg. that just gave me an idea...

Cayenne GT anyone??

It IS badge honesty, because there's no such thing... lol, I'm calling my dealer right now to order a Carrera GT emblem

Yes indeed, it's official. A Cayenne GT is a V6 model with big wheels/tires and some cool bolt ons added...

ok?
Old 03-06-2006, 04:15 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 98 Posts

Badges, we don't need no stinkin' badges.

My wife finally let me keep the front plate off this vehicle, so she wasn’t ready to permit debadging the sled.

But, my vehicles get debadged and no front plate. (I also remove all the DO NOT REMOVE UNDER PENALTY OF LAW tags from my furniture.)
Old 03-06-2006, 04:17 PM
charlieXS
Pro

just got off the phone, $71 and I'll have it on Wed... (that's $35.50 per letter )

Last edited by charlieXS; 03-06-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:52 PM
User 4221
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Call back and check to see how much the GT letters from a 928 GT are. They may be cheaper.
The year model range is: 1990 - 1992

Try this P/N 928.559.921.00 off a 1991 928 GT

Last edited by User 4221; 03-06-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-06-2006, 05:26 PM
schvetkaaks
Pro

I saw a black Cayenne yesterday (V6) debadged with just the Porsche crest on the back - it looked great, but to me, debadging seems to be done mostly by the V6 folk, some of the S folk, and almost none of the turbo folk. It's almost more obvious to debadge than just leave Cayenne on the back. This Cayenne had 22" black Techart Formulas as well - big expensive wheels that could have just gone toward the S model, I think...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:40 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
You could always send the 'Cayenne' emblem to Eric at www.bumperplugs.com (rennlist sponsor and good guy); he'll paint the emblem any color you want/like.
Subtle, yet distinctive.
Nothing against Eric (I've seen his work and it's very nice)...but another option is available:

Remove your badge, get a spray can of touch up paint from Pep Boys and DIY. Any color you want (as long as its stock on a Ford, GM, or Chrysler...they have some nice "titanium silvers") Can't cost more than $3.95 and if you screw it up, go buy a Carrerra GT emblem from Porsche
Old 03-07-2006, 01:15 AM
Kooser
Pro

So... what the heck do I do with my rear deck?

It came with the UGLY black Cayenne logo (v6)

When I see a Cv6, I say to myself "Oh it's a V6 like mine, too bad we all couldn't afford the extra cabbage for at CTT/S."

When I see a Cayenne with black calipers and Cayenne S emblem, I say "Ahh... someone trying to convince his neighbors he has the extra cabbage to buy CTT/S".

When I see a Cayenne with NO rear emblem, I think hmmm... why's he trying to hide the fact he didn't have the extra cabbage to buy the CTT/S...

I've seen a Porsche Crest on the rear deck of a Cayenne... and thought "Hmmm... someone trying to look like he doesn't want to look like someone who tries to not look like someone who didn't have the extra cabbage to buy CTT/S"

Thoughts?
Man, all this talk about cabbage is going to give me bad gas!

When you say that you have a silver "Cayenne S" emblem on top of your desk - does it have a chrome/shiny surface or does it have the satin/aluminum surface to it?
I have an extra one that is the aluminum satin finish that matches exactly with the trim on the exterior of the car. If you want it it is yours. Just let me know where to mail it.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:22 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Originally Posted by Kooser
When you say that you have a silver "Cayenne S" emblem on top of your desk - does it have a chrome/shiny surface or does it have the satin/aluminum surface to it?
I have an extra one that is the aluminum satin finish that matches exactly with the trim on the exterior of the car. If you want it it is yours. Just let me know where to mail it.
Charlie gets first dibs, but if he doesn't want it, I'll take it (as long as it doesn't cost any more than $3.95 to ship PM me with your address and I'll pay for shipping...
Old 03-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Kooser
Pro

Originally Posted by Budget M3
Charlie gets first dibs, but if he doesn't want it, I'll take it (as long as it doesn't cost any more than $3.95 to ship PM me with your address and I'll pay for shipping...
I have Two actually so both of you can have them.
As far as shipping -don't waoorrrry about it. I got your back
PM me your addresses and I wil send them out.
I'll be off to Mexico for a week on Saturday so I will mail them prior to my departure.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:21 AM
mudman2
Moderator !x4

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow I did not think about selling the logos. actually I have 2, remember the service action replacing logos they actually laid another set on my seat when I picked it up.

Wonder how much I could get on Ebay ? hmmm, perhaps I should just confuse the crap out of people and put a diecast Riley Kestrel badge on the back and remove all Porsche insignia's. I would be special then I guess.

Yeh right Specail ed

Quick Reply: Emblems, emblems... or not?